Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DSC Sport Controller

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 357 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan

Box ?

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,022 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Box ?

Ask and ye shall receive:

6ad7b8e2657bc7bc11ed6161fd2d81f7.jpg

Original box

367fca5c4572b0739783e84d6cb9c219.jpg

And actual controller:

7751f7917f778080f7685cdc1a87f700.jpg

Shawn
  • jdmrb1 likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,074 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Off topic, and moderators may tear me down....

Since I traded my GT-R in, I have one of these bad boys for sale.

Shawn

Get out of here my man.You will alway be Welcome do whatever you want here!
We all appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share!
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,022 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Get out of here my man.You will alway be Welcome do whatever you want here!
We all appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share!

Thanks Tim. It looks like my timing is going well. More of my used parts coming for sale as soon as I can get them up and pics.

And of note: this is a fabulous piece my friends. Active suspension is AWESOME.

Shawn
  • Tim likes this

Bse

Bse

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 14-September 13
How much?

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,022 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

How much?

I have an offer for $900 shipped. I feel kinda shitty about a bidding war amongst my friends.  Feels kinda icky.  That being said, $900 is well within the window of what I need to make my finances work.  I'll have to go with the highest offer, but I wanna sell it to all of you.

Shawn

• Tim, thehelix112, jdmrb1 and 1 other like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,022 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Controller purchased and shipped.

I will let the new owner make themselves known only if they wish.  I will miss the GT-R and this controller, and more parts to be sold as soon as I can get everything together.

Shawn

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,711 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

POPULAR

New firmware update came out today for GT-R. Says improved launch control.

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 2 others like this

shombre

shombre

Stock

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 22-May 16

FYI to interested parties - per Tom Chan of TPC Racing/DSC, the e-mail was erroneous. Only the Ford Focus had its firmware updated. There have been no updates to the GT-R firmware since April 2017. Anyone who purchased their controllers from that time on do not need to update. 

For the curious, even though the filename for this firmware tantalisingly has "Wifi" in it, Tom has verified that only the Corvette and Camaro firmware has Wifi enabled.

• Tim likes this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,711 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

oh well that's ghetto. thanks for clarifying.

• Tim likes this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,022 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

FYI to interested parties - per Tom Chan of TPC Racing/DSC, the e-mail was erroneous. Only the Ford Focus had its firmware updated. There have been no updates to the GT-R firmware since April 2017. Anyone who purchased their controllers from that time on do not need to update. 

For the curious, even though the filename for this firmware tantalisingly has "Wifi" in it, Tom has verified that only the Corvette and Camaro firmware has Wifi enabled.

Maybe so, but the GT-R suspension controller from DSC is effin fantastic in as delivered form.  I cannot praise it enough to explain it properly.

Shawn

• thehelix112 and mikelmarion like this

shombre

shombre

Stock

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 22-May 16

Maybe so, but the GT-R suspension controller from DSC is effin fantastic in as delivered form.  I cannot praise it enough to explain it properly.

Shawn

Absolutely no disagreement there, Shawn :) As I originally posted in this thread, it is amazing.

• thehelix112 likes this

DSCsport

DSCsport

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-May 18

A customer of us referred us to this page. Thank you for all the great comments and reviews, and we hope we can use some of them in future promotions. 

We do have GTR DSCsport controllers in stock currently and would like to offer free shipping to GTRheritage.com until next week. You can use the coupon   gtrheritagefrshp at checkout for free shipping on the GTR DSCsport controller.

We really appreciate all the great comments. If you have questions do not hesitate to ask.

• 7racer, thehelix112, BAZ007 and 1 other like this

DSCsport

DSCsport

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-May 18

The free shipping for the GTR suspension controllers runs to 2018-06-30. 

• thehelix112 and mikelmarion like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,515 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Nice!

• mikelmarion and DSCsport like this

In7anity!!

DSCsport

DSCsport

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-May 18

As with most auto install guides, they are not clear as you want them to be when it comes time to do the install. In this day and age I don't know why they can't shoot a 5min youtube video to clear up any confusion. I stupidly unscrewed the whole housing and replaced it with the one supplied by DSC Sport. To say the controller is in an awfully inconvenient spot is an understatement. Luckily I am limber and have tiny fingers. Avoid yourself the headache of doing what I did and just swap the board rather than the whole housing.

If you inspect the housing, you'll notice there are retainer tabs along the edge of the piece of plastic where the wiring loom attaches. Apply some pressure to these tabs to separate with a flathead and give yourself more room as you wiggle the board out. I repeat, do not unscrew the housing (unless you are just begging for additional back pain).

attachicon.gif factoryboard3.JPG

attachicon.gif factoryboard2.jpg

attachicon.gif factoryboard4.JPG

Tuning: I will be honest I have no idea what I'm doing in the software. There are a million settings to adjust. One day I will read through the manual in depth. Perhaps we can start a new thread on DSC tuning.

Review: Comfort mode is way better than before and normal road bumps feel much nicer. On track I shaved 3-4s from my last outing (note: I did run E85 on my faster outing vs 93oct so take that for what it's worth). If you look at Harry's lap times, on the corners I pull more G's than previously (more Yellow) which you might attribute to the DSC sport.

I run OEM 2010 suspension with KW sleeves which is just slightly stiffer springs and lowered.

If you have having problems working the software be sure to visit our youtube channel for tons of tutorials. You can also go on our website and look at the Tuning academy to learn more.

Hope that helps.

• thehelix112 and choerizo like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users