Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DSC Sport Controller

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,949 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Has anyone done the DSC Sport Controller with a stock suspension?

Shawn

• BAZ007 likes this

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Yes, it's a great product.  We are the only US distributor of them.  If you are interested just message me.

• celsius, thehelix112 and mikelmarion like this

www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.  

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.

Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,018 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Very interested in this for road course use.

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Very interested in this for road course use.

It's an incredible product to be honest.  We have a few out there floating around now with some custom programming in them and I'm waiting for the feedback to come to post direct from customers.  There are also custom damper sets that take it to an entirely different level above the stock suspension.

• shawnhayes and mikelmarion like this

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,018 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

It's an incredible product to be honest. We have a few out there floating around now with some custom programming in them and I'm waiting for the feedback to come to post direct from customers. There are also custom damper sets that take it to an entirely different level above the stock suspension.

Yeah the tractive rtx is on the wish list, but the controller I can afford much sooner. So pretty curious to hear feedback on how it goes with OEM suspension.

I think Shawn should get it and let us all know.

Dave
  • 7racer, BAZ007 and mikelmarion like this

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 804 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

I just recently got my Tractive RT shocks + DSC Controller. I sent it immediately to Umbrella Auto Design for the Variable Height System. I talked with Tractive and they strongly recommend the RT dampers if one is racing for only few laps or less than 60 minutes a session before cooling down. Anything more than 60 minutes, you will then need the extra endurance provided by the remote cannisters provided in the RTx package.

7 has the RTx and has only great things to say. the Viper/ACR guys seem to also love them from what I read.

I can't wait to try myself!

When you are ready to pull the trigger, you can obviously contact Doug to get one for your GTR.

Attached Images

• File_000 (12).jpeg

Edited by BAZ007, 12 April 2017 - 03:03 PM.

• 7racer, thehelix112, choerizo and 1 other like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,018 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Badass. Can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • BAZ007 likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,380 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

POPULAR

you know, its surprising how we missed the boat on this one.  This has been out for a while and even featured on the forum....its just now gaining traction! (no pun intended).

Like I mentioned before, its an all around upgrade.  Drag guys can soften launch and have a slower rebounded to keep from pogoing.

Circuit guys can adjust it for conditions on the fly.

And the all arounders can do it for both!

• celsius, thehelix112, shawnhayes and 2 others like this

In7anity!!

ehyman

ehyman

Stock

• Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 24-August 14

POPULAR

We've been working with DSC and waiting on some updates before sharing some news. New units are on the bench with the rest of my parts waiting to go back in the car will post more info soon.

• 7racer, thehelix112, choerizo and 3 others like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,018 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

We've been working with DSC and waiting on some updates before sharing some news. New units are on the bench with the rest of my parts waiting to go back in the car will post more info soon.

Excited!

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,677 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX
Spill the beans! Does this retain use of the in-dash suspension switch?

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,949 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Looks like yes:

http://www.gtr.co.uk...s/475401?page=1

And:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=Gksfp78NYrI

Shawn
  • thehelix112, choerizo and mikelmarion like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,018 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Man I can't wait to see what Eric has cooked up for us. I always worried about the track readiness of the tune given I don't think it was ever developed on a competition GT-R... Until Eric got one and started playing.

Super keen to hear what's come out of it.

My plan is to get the controller as soon as I get the time I want in stock setup around Buttonwillow, then the rtx tractives hopefully early next year.

Dave
  • 7racer, shawnhayes and mikelmarion like this

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Yes it does.  The controller has a built in launch control mode, everything is custom programmable but has excellent base maps to start with.  The suspension launch control is activated the same way the factory launch control is.  So wether you are drag racing or running an autocross, the suspension for launching is activated when you launch the car, then it turns off and goes into your handling mode or comfort mode for daily driving and is a noticeable improvement over standard comfort mode.  

• choerizo, Crazyrc and mikelmarion like this

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 2 Member

• 225 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

Yes it does.  The controller has a built in launch control mode, everything is custom programmable but has excellent base maps to start with.  The suspension launch control is activated the same way the factory launch control is.  So wether you are drag racing or running an autocross, the suspension for launching is activated when you launch the car, then it turns off and goes into your handling mode or comfort mode for daily driving and is a noticeable improvement over standard comfort mode.  

Dave, did you work with the to develop drag specific maps?

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Dave, did you work with the to develop drag specific maps?

I have done none of the custom programming to the maps, only given feedback to Mike.  There was a big update this last weekend after a day of road racing that are a vast improvement.

The drag maps work in all settings, so if you are doing a Pro Solo event, you can launch he car like its on the drag strip and it still runs the road race map for turning.  It's really bad ass.

• Scuba_Steve, thehelix112, elf_cruiser and 1 other like this

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

09GTR08135

09GTR08135

Stock

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 26-February 17

Looking forward to seeing more data on this one. Being that a stock 2009 GTRs suspension is vastly different than a Nismo, does anyone know if the 09 shocks can still benefit from this controller? I'd like to keep my stock suspension (maybe add lowering springs) for now.

• thehelix112 likes this

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Looking forward to seeing more data on this one. Being that a stock 2009 GTRs suspension is vastly different than a Nismo, does anyone know if the 09 shocks can still benefit from this controller? I'd like to keep my stock suspension (maybe add lowering springs) for now.

Yes, absolutely it will  benefit.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

ehyman

ehyman

Stock

• Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 24-August 14

For those that don't understand how the system works. At its simplest, it will be able to offer fine tuning to the settings already available on the OEM shocks (within the limits of their valving of course), but what it will add way beyond stock is to have the stiffness change on the fly based upon conditions. So you can have it be nice and soft and supple "in ride",  but in response to steering or other inputs stiffen instantly to provide better response and feel in maneuver. It also has a crazy launch mode that can have the rear of the car soft on launch to get it to square, but then stiffen back up to hold the attitude or allow the car to turn once going.. (or do the opposite if you are in the anti-squat camp)...And all of this can be custom programmed to taste.

Eric

• changster, thehelix112 and choerizo like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,824 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Interesting Eric, thanks for the explanation!

What about quick vs slow damping, like the 4 way adjustable dampers? What I'd be looking for is a softer rebound setting at high speed wheel rates(for taking curbs) and then stiffer bound settings for transitions and change of direction (flat esses and complex corners)

Can it do something like that?

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users