Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TopSpeed Trackside Support

tsm cicio tx2k

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

This is another positive review of TopSpeed Motorsports….   That’s the cliff notes, you can stop here if you want.

I’m definitely not new to the community and this isn’t the first time I have written a review of TopSpeed as I have trusted them with my car for 2 years and used them on a limited basis on other cars I owned before the GTR.  But here is a little bit more of my story and the direction I am going:

I was never into the whole “go to car events” kinda guy.  I wasn’t one to open the hood of my car and stand next to it and wait for people to pat me on the back.  I modded my cars for the pure enjoyment of driving them on the street and never quite understood the other side of the equation.   This year I went to Ocala with TSM and most recently attended Tx2k with TSM.   I kinda get it now why these events draw so much attention,  and I even went as far as finishing my engine bay so it looked a bit prettier for Tx2k… Its kinda cool to show off your creation and have others excited about what you have done to your car.   Standing in the shadows watching people take pictures of your car, smiling, etc… Its just a really cool feeling.  And then the other side of things when you get to show what the car is capable in a safe environment with 1000s of people watching?!?!  What a rush.

If you are a TSM customer you probably know they offer trackside support for their vehicles,  mount your wheels, check on the car, diagnose and repair if needed,  tweak your tune after each run to ensure your car is running at its top level after each pass…. The list goes on and on what they will do for you trackside.  I watched them change out a transmission trackside in 1.5 hours (impressive!!!).  

But what makes TopSpeed kinda a big deal in my mind is their guys and girls… these people running around the pits checking on each customer, making sure everyone is having a good time, handing you a water, etc etc etc…. They do all this work are happy about it (at least on the outside, lol) and are genuinely invested in making sure you have a great experience at the track.   The best way I can describe the experience is if you go to an NBA game and sit courtside… Its going to be awefully hard to go to another game and have as much enjoyment not sitting courtside…  TSM provides this courtside experience at car events.

I probably get on Cicio’s nerves… “Have you thought of X”, “What you done Y”…   he told me “John, just put a little trust in me, I got you covered”   He hasn’t let me down in 2 years.

At this point I am converted and my eyes are open to why these things are so fun,  I am looking at my calendar and excited to do more in the future.   If I could give one piece of advice if you are sitting on the fence to going to some of these events, give it a shot, and if you need some help making it happen give TopSpeed a call and see if they will have your back.  

Hats off to the guys of TopSpeed Motorsports.

I borrowed some pictures of me and my car from various sources...

Attached File  Tx2k.jpg   88.51KB   27 downloads

Me with a smile on my face,  it stayed there for 4 days straight, except for a 4 hour period i don't want to talk about... LOL

Attached File  tx2k1.jpg   87.43KB   25 downloads

Moments before the imfamous J5isalive vs. Chris Riggs race, haha.   Just chatting it up about R888r's :)  Was a nice guy.

Attached File  tx2k2.jpg   105.41KB   25 downloads

This is Trae, a TSM Tech.  He was by my side for 4 days... such a good dude and hard worker.

Attached File  tx2k3.jpg   112.65KB   25 downloads

Attached File  tx2k4.jpg   79.84KB   25 downloads

ITS SO PURPLE!!! AHHH ;)

Attached File  tx2k5.jpg   95.73KB   25 downloads

Showing off those TSM exclusive 17in beadlock wheels

Attached File  tx2k6.jpg   105.76KB   23 downloads

Edited by J5isalive, 24 March 2017 - 01:16 PM.

• Tim, thehelix112, haul s and 1 other like this

ATL_GT-R

ATL_GT-R

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 695 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12
Great pics!
C63s
Huracan Spyder
-------------------------
TSM l '10 Alpha12
'14 Midnight Opal

tg07

tg07

Stage 2.5 Member

• 253 posts
  • Joined 02-November 16
  • LocationWisconsin

Reading this is awful dangerous.  I keep telling myself not to go past FBO, but I think I'd have a blast with a build and going to events...Decisions, decisions.

Awesome write-up and pics.  Thanks for sharing!

• 7racer likes this

Alpha 7

tg07

tg07

Stage 2.5 Member

• 253 posts
  • Joined 02-November 16
  • LocationWisconsin

I should have also said that it's great to read how awesome TSM is to work with.

Edited by tg07, 24 March 2017 - 02:56 PM.

Alpha 7

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

I should have also said that it's great to read how awesome TSM is to work with.

Yeah I think there is a bunch of positive reviews about TSM... I thought it would be cool to give a tiny bit of my background and talk about the support services that TSM provides.

I really am excited to get my car to 1/4 even faster :) It ran a best of 8.6 @ 166 on a soft launch, can't wait to get more seat time and really start fighting for those tenths. I want people to fear the consistency of 'That Purple One'. Haha. I am pretty sure with someone telling me how to do it we can get a 8.3 out of the car! Maybe I should lose a few pounds too, my driving suit is a little tight.

Just thinking about it having more fun with the car makes me pumped up!
  • Tim likes this

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei
Those purple TE37's are sweet!

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

Those purple TE37's are sweet!

Haha thanks man!!! In the sun they are very purple, unfortunately they don't photograph very well and always look pretty dark, but I love how they turned out. I wish the M&H drag radials lasted a little longer, I'd run the purple wheels 100% of the time if they did. I put my car back on its Advan GTs already and the purple wheels are hanging in the closet for now.

Maybe I should update my daily wheels to be a bit more festive... hmmmmmm....
  • changster and 7racer like this

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13
Attached File  IMG_2445.JPG   65.36KB   17 downloads

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13

I wish the M&H drag radials lasted a little longer

How long does/did yours last? Just front or front and rear? Just curious

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13
They are still lasting and look like new sitting in my storage area... I was given an idea how long they would last on the street and thought it was in my best interest to only use them for events. I have them Front and Rear. I am sure I will break them out for some fun time to time.
  • changster likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,600 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

They are still lasting and look like new sitting in my storage area... I was given an idea how long they would last on the street and thought it was in my best interest to only use them for events. I have them Front and Rear. I am sure I will break them out for some fun time to time.

what sizes are you running?

In7anity!!

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13

what sizes are you running?

I'm going to guess 275/45/18, 345/35/18.

OMG RB 26

OMG RB 26

Stage 4 Member

• 781 posts
  • Joined 07-May 14
  • LocationPeoria, IL

Digging around in the pits is like an exploration game. While I was hiding my belongings behind the TSM trailer, I found a nice lady under a sparktech tent handing out hotdogs with all the trimmings (chips, condiments, and water) She saw me sweating my balls off and said "you look hungry, sit down and eat with us" - stuff like that in addition to John's sentiments are why I'll drive across the country for track events like this.

That and seeing john drop trow right in the staging lanes

• celsius likes this

2009 GTR - Self Built 3.8, Elite Plus, Self Built Trans (1K equivalent) E85  etc

1/4 Mile - 8.8@164mph

1/2 Mile - 201mph

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

Digging around in the pits is like an exploration game. While I was hiding my belongings behind the TSM trailer, I found a nice lady under a sparktech tent handing out hotdogs with all the trimmings (chips, condiments, and water) She saw me sweating my balls off and said "you look hungry, sit down and eat with us" - stuff like that in addition to John's sentiments are why I'll drive across the country for track events like this.

That and seeing john drop trow right in the staging lanes

Hahaha...

Yano

Yano

Stock

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 09-June 17
This is great info

I'm trying to talk them into pikes peak airstrip attack next year
  • Cicio@TSM likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tsm, cicio, tx2k