Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Roll Cage build in progress

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Jason@BoulderNissan

Jason@BoulderNissan

Stage 1 Member

• Vendors
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 23-December 12
Looks great!
  • 7racer and thehelix112 like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

When you're going for this level of safety, don't you want to add the antisubmarine straps?

Shawn

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 2.5 Member

• 285 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

When you're going for this level of safety, don't you want to add the antisubmarine straps?

Shawn

??  I did a 6 point harness.

• Tim likes this

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium
Linney EFR 7158 turbos, Tuning, SD Kit, Traction Control Knob, AWD Controller | Ecutek BT | ID2000 injectors | SBD Intakes, 4" Exhaust, Downpipes, FFT Wheels | Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace
Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can | AMS built short block

TSM Elite Plus coming soon....

2016 Mustang GT
Procharger Stage 2 | nGauge | Lund Tuning | Long Tube Headers

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

??  I did a 6 point harness.

I swear I looked.  Really.

What I see look like stock or stock-ish seats.  I can't see where the straps come through the seats, so I thought it was worth asking?

Are those stock seats with a pull through for the six points, or special seats that just look similar to the stockers?

Shawn

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 2.5 Member

• 285 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

I swear I looked.  Really.

What I see look like stock or stock-ish seats.  I can't see where the straps come through the seats, so I thought it was worth asking?

Are those stock seats with a pull through for the six points, or special seats that just look similar to the stockers?

Shawn

I see..

So no, the stock seats are not cut.  The straps wrap around the front of the seat and connect to a point welded to the floor under the seat.  Not ideal, but allowed by NHRA rules when using stock seats.  Being a big and tall guy, it isn't that far off for me either.  

Linney EFR 7158 turbos, Tuning, SD Kit, Traction Control Knob, AWD Controller | Ecutek BT | ID2000 injectors | SBD Intakes, 4" Exhaust, Downpipes, FFT Wheels | Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace
Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can | AMS built short block

2016 Mustang GT

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I see..

So no, the stock seats are not cut. The straps wrap around the front of the seat and connect to a point welded to the floor under the seat. Not ideal, but allowed by NHRA rules when using stock seats. Being a big and tall guy, it isn't that far off for me either.

You seem like the kind of person I'd like to keep safe.

You could get a relatively inexpensive racing seat and run the anti-sub straps through the crotch hole. According to the belt manufacturers, much safer in a full frontal.

Shawn

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 2.5 Member

• 285 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

You seem like the kind of person I'd like to keep safe.

You could get a relatively inexpensive racing seat and run the anti-sub straps through the crotch hole. According to the belt manufacturers, much safer in a full frontal.

Shawn

Everything in the world is a trade off.  I wouldn't be comfortable in those seats, so I'm trading off a little safety for enjoyment of the car.  It is not a cost issue and has been well thought out.

2016 Mustang GT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users