Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JZeezGTR's 2016 GTR / Pics of everything Installed / Comments

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,029 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Das pretty af.

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,505 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15
Looks aggressive. Nice!

Colin8989

Colin8989

Stock

• Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 04-October 16
Looks nice man congrats.

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Thanks guys!

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Molten Silver (Sold)

2006 Subaru Impreza STi - Crystal Gray Metallic (Sold)
2016 Nissan GTR - Gun Metallic (Toy)
2015 Subaru Forester (Daily)
2017 Suberu Forester (Wifey's Daily)

GTR%20Signature.jpg

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey
Hey Guys, 

So its probably time for a little update. Got a bunch of stuff installed since the last time I posted.  It took a little longer then I'd like but I have a lot of other stuff going on with my house so Its been a little tough to juggle all that and get my parts on.  Anyway, SO heres the quick list of the stuff I got and a quick comment about the items. 

WHEELS / TIRES
Volk Racing TE37 Ultra's in Bronze (w/ Center Caps) - 20"x12" +20 F4 Rear / 20"x10" +30 F3 Front = Whats there to say. I love these wheels the fitment is perfect. They look and feel amazing. I'm super happy with them. Important Note if you get these wheels you will need hub centric rings.  They are pretty inexpensive and help keep the wheel perfectly centered on the hub. without them, you will need to mount the wheels very carefully using a slow lug centric process which almost always yields a little vibration in the steering wheel due to not being perfectly centered. The size you will need is 73.1mm to 66.1mm. Pretty standard issue from any wheel and tire shop. IF not from there they are pretty available and cheap on Amazon. 
TPMS from Tire Rack. = Pretty standard issue, nothing fancy and nothing lacking.  Work good. Got my local dealer to program them for me after the install. No issues. 
Muteki SR48's and Locks = These are amazing. I love them. Hardened steel, black in color. open end. Really inexpensive and look amazing. CAN NOT go wrong with these over the factory chrome fugly's. 
Michelin Pilor Super Sports - 285/35/20 Front - 335/30/20 Rear.  = AMAZING Tires!  I love them. The fitment is perfect and they are sticky. Not noisy at all. no rubbing on stock suspension, running factory track alignment. great tire. 
GTechniq C5 Wheel Armor = A sealant special for wheels and calipers. VERY nice stuff. Easy application. very inexpensive and does a great job at keeping the wheels free of brake dust between washes. AND makes washing them easier then EVER. Basically spotless after a power washer rinse. Great stuff. I highly recommend a wheel sealant. especially this one. 

AERO.
APR Carbon Fiber Front Air Damn/Front Lip and under tray. = This piece looks great when installed. However, fitment was probably a 7/10.  Installation was very exhausting. I needed to drill 4 holes to allow access for the 4 bolts that hold the mid section tray in place. Also, the method in which this installs, is really frustrating. They force you to mount the lip and tray to the bumper before installing onto the car. As opposed to how the OEM one is mounted to the car first and then the bumper slides on and is secured to the lip.  This lip is very sturdy and solid, despite the elimination of 2 OEM mounting bolts. I definitely feel the difference with this lip vs OEM when at speeds above 120mph. Its a solid piece. Which brings me to my next point. ITS FUCKING HEAVY!  much heavier then OEM. and the reason why is 90% of the entire thing is fiberglass. ONLY the front portion that is visible is carbon fiber. Which is kinda expected considering how cheap it is. It would probably be twice the price if it were all CF. A little disappointing but never the less it looks great and fitment is decent other then the mounting/installation procedure being a PITA.  Also, the inlets come with blocking plates in case you dont utilize them. I left the plates on for now, Until I'm ready to execute my custom brake cooling set up. I almost have all the pieces I need to do it. More on that later.  
Zele Carbon Fiber Side Skirts =  These are very nice pieces. Fitment is probably 8.5/10.  They only utilize the clip mounting Points that are under the door, not the ones at the bottom of the front and rear quarter panels. No big deal they are very sturdy and have 12 screws on the bottom and the 2 clips at each end in the wheel wells holding them in place. They look amazing. And also not too expensive in my opinion. They do reduce ground clearance in the mid section of the car but a little bit. which can be a good or bad depending on the owner. For me, I have a hump at the top of my driveway and these scraped a little bit as opposed to stock ones not scraping. No Big deal. Overall, I like these and they add a very nice look to the Aero and complete the entire set up nicely. Also, from a Physics stand point the shape is supposed to be functional so there's that. :)
RexSpeed CF Spat extentions. = These are really flimsy pieces. The mounting solution they are designed for and the hardware they come with is sub-par.  I ended up coming up with my own mounting solution using some spare hardware I had lying around. And they are 10 times more sturdy as a result. They look nice, and maybe are somewhat functional, but overall I'd like to have gotten something a little more solid and structurally rigid. 6/10 and thats generous. One issue I ran into was gravel kept getting wedged between the bottom of the bumper and the extension because of the location and slope of the piece. So I added a foam weather strip gasket at the contact point. This served as a filler to prevent gravel from getting wedged in the seam and also made it more rigid. 
RexSpeed CF Diffuser fins = Pretty nicely made pieces. Installation was a breeze. They are designed to be used as a pair and installed using OEM mounting points on the sides of the rear CF under tray. They come with necessary hardware (longer bolts) to replace OEM bolts (too short).  I ordered 2 sets thinking I could custom install the second set in the middle to achieve the 4 fins look. But the installation would have required quite a bit of custom work. More then I was willing to take on. SO i ended up sticking with the 2 and selling the other two to a member. They are Matte Carbon and match the factory under tray perfectly. Also, from an Aero perspective, they are known to be very functional and overall the car feels very solid at high speed as a result of all the added aero I've added. 
RexSpeed CF Fender Vents = I purchased these as a little added bling to match the new CF pieces I was getting. But after seeing how they mount (using only 3M tape) I decided to sell them and just order some OEM 09-14 Vents which come in a Dark GunMetal. I really only wanted to replace the Bright Silver Eye sore with darker ones. And I achieved that with the OEM pieces. Cant beat OEM fitment so not much to say about that. But I would not recommend the RexSpeed ones. They are useless. 

LIGHTING
Light Smoked Tint Film from LUXE = I ordered a precut kit from LUXE for my front and rear side markers. I wasn't interested in completely replacing them with Clear ones as they would be two bright for the theme I'm going for. And the completely blacked out Aftermarket ones, Are just too cheap quality for my taste, in addition to being WAYY too dark and overall not functional. As functionality and OEM+ is my main goal.  So I figured a "Light Smoke" film would take the edge off the bright amber and red lens while still keeping them fully functional and OEM. I think they came out pretty nice. The pics I posted below only have Driverside installed. I just didnt finish the job until the next day.  But overall I'm happy with them. 
LED Bulb Upgrades =  I upgraded the Interior Map Lights, Vanity mirror lights, Reverse lights, License plate lights, and trunk lights with Super White High quality LED's. I love them all!  I pieced together my own set up using JDMStar and iJDMToy websites. I got panel LEDS for the map lights and trunk lights. which are AMAZING!  And I got 10Watt CREE LED's for the reverse lights. Also AMAZING! Much better reversing at night. and the look of the superwhite License Plate lights is so much more classy then the basic halogens. This is a $100K+ car, it needs white LED licence plate lights. WTF!? lol. Anyway just a little creature comfort mod that I do to any car I get. Always makes a big difference. 
Chrome Covered AMBER Halogen Bulb for Headlight signals.=  This is more of an aesthetics mod. The OEM headlight signal bulb is an Amber halogen bulb. The glass is amber and it lights up amber. But because its mounted in a chrome reflector. when looking at the headlights even when the signals are not lit up. The top part of the headlight looks an ugly amber color, which is the reflection of the amber bulb in the chrome reflector bowl.. I purchased a "Chrome" covered amber bulb to fix that. Basically its an amber bulb that lights up amber but when its off, the chrome covering allows it to be invisible in the chrome bowl its mounted in. Much nicer look in my opinion. Very inexpensive and adds a clean look to compliment the headlights. 

Without further adieu, Here are some pics my photographer friend too of the car after a fresh wash. 

JAYZILLA-26_zpssctyqajt.jpg
JAYZILLA-25_zpsiuy0gxor.jpg
JAYZILLA-24_zpsbkfqkgdq.jpg
JAYZILLA-23_zpsguxzrbl3.jpg
JAYZILLA-22_zpssnu4guzy.jpg
JAYZILLA-21_zpsrnmnlycg.jpg
JAYZILLA-20_zpsyqieyeqb.jpg
JAYZILLA-19_zpslpn82sn5.jpg
JAYZILLA-18_zpsswlzum8f.jpg
JAYZILLA-17_zpsx4ryymrr.jpg
JAYZILLA-16_zps7sqtmmmw.jpg
JAYZILLA-12_zpsnm0dgudt.jpg
JAYZILLA-11_zpsal4t4avr.jpg
JAYZILLA-08_zpsx3cnhtms.jpg
JAYZILLA-07_zpseptfes3b.jpg
JAYZILLA-06_zpsm1fgj1q9.jpg
JAYZILLA-05_zpsc2mp6acw.jpg
JAYZILLA-04_zpsmoqrx91y.jpg
JAYZILLA-03_zpsr2gqvotd.jpg
JAYZILLA-02_zpsriqxjchm.jpg
JAYZILLA-01_zpsyygvvai6.jpg

• Tim, choerizo and L.L. like this

GTR%20Signature.jpg

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey
Hey everyone!  

So, I took a little break from the forums after the whole "photobucket" debacle. lol.  I almost pulled the trigger on the membership but Im glad I didnt, cuz it seems they finally took their heads out of their asses and decided to restore all 3rd party hosting. 

Anyway, I didnt take a break from modding so lucky for you I have updates. :)  

- HKS DCT Cooler Kit : Took the car to Ivey Tune in Linden, NJ for this install. I had them source the kit and install it. They did a great job. Very clean. I would recommend them for any work on GTR. They seem to know their GTR's pretty well. They cut the opening in the bumper inlets very neatly and clean. They used the duct provisions that come with the kit and all my screws and clips made it back to their original locations. Which is a huge pet peeve of mine. I can't stand it when shops are sloppy when reassembling the car back together and neglect to replace any broken clips or forget to put screws and bolts back to their original location. Overall very pleased with the kit as well. The temps of my Trans fluid is SIGNIFICANTLY lower then before the cooler. I'm super happy knowing that my car will now withstand track duty without over heating the trans fluid and going into limp mode. Highly recommend this kit for anyone who drives the car in hot weather regions or tracks their GTR. 

- Custom Brake Cooling: I gathered a bunch of parts to perform this job myself but just never found the time or the drive to do it. So I took it to "AUTOCOUTURE MOTORING" in Fair Lawn, NJ. I have a long standing relationship with the guys there. I used to rent space in their shop years ago to run my Headlight modification business, And I modified a lot of their customers BMW headlights.  I also have been friends with the owners for many years. They have a very clean shop and perform grade A work on all makes and models. Not just BMW's. Theres a really talented fabricator/technician there named Sean and he was the one who worked his magic on my brake cooling set up. He was able to use most of my provisions and fabricated a couple of his own to complete the job. I'm very pleased with the results, he was able to utilize the APR lip's inlets and route the hose neatly through the bumper and into the wheel well, securing the hose firmly to the well walls and to a custom fabricated plate that he made to accept the hose and direct the air right to the hub/rotor/caliper area. Overall I'm very happy with how it came out. I dont have any real world review of the effectiveness of the mod, since I haven't put the car on the track yet, but I look forward to seeing how they handle track duty with the cooling ducts in place.  I'll try to get pics soon. 

- OEM Black Edition Carbon Fiber Wing : I purchased a used Black Edition wing from a member on the forum a while back, and finally got a chance to get it installed. NOT before I had it wrapped in Xpel Stealth to preserve the infamously weak clear finish. There were already a few small blemishes when I received the wing in the mail, where the clear coat had already started to peel.  So The Xpel should keep that from spreading and protect the wing for many years to come. The car looks so much better with the Carbon wing. Everything seems to come together nicely now that I have it on. I may get a few more small Carbon Fiber accents in the near future, but this was a really nice upgrade from what it looked like with the factory painted wing. 

- Challenge Stainless Steel Race Spec Y-pipe : Purchased this Mid Pipe barely used from a local GTR owner I met. He was selling it for a great price, and I had already felt the Stock exhaust system was WAY too quiet. So in the interest of not voiding the warranty on the car (which is a short term goal of mine, until I've learned the car in stock form), and after some research and confirming the mid pipe doesnt require a tune, I decided to pick it up and install it. The sound is beautiful. Its the way the car should have sounded from the factory. Throaty and loud enough without waking up the entire neighborhood or causing much in cabin drone.  They say it adds a few horsepower even without a tune, due to the fact it eliminates 2 cats and one resonator/muffler, and becomes straight pipe through that section. the car definitely felt a bit peppy after the install, but I was more happy with the sound. Now I can feel and hear the revs and have a much easier time timing my shifts without having to stare at the Tachometer.  Great quality piece for a good price. I would recommend it to anyone. I will eventually go with the rear section and most likely full bolt on, but for now this will do. 

Thats it for now. Heres a couple pics of the car sleeping in the garage nice and clean from a week ago. 

MVIMG_20180521_230522_zpsvxjhn0xu.jpg

MVIMG_20180521_230424_zpsucvezthj.jpg

GTR%20Signature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users