Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JZeezGTR's 2016 GTR / Pics of everything Installed / Comments

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

POPULAR

POST LINKS:

After Delivery from Detailer (New Car Prep / Full Xpel Wrap / Full 3M Window Tint / CQuartz Ceramic Coating)

Installed BlendMount / V1 and Hardwire / Rexspeed CF Hood Dampers 

Lightwerkz Headlight housings painted semi-flat black 

Volk TE37 Ultras / MPSS / APR Front Lip / Zele Side Skirts / Rexspeed Rear spat extensions and Diffuser fins

Pics of everything installed

DCT Cooler / Black Edition Wing / Brake Cooling

Hey Everyone!  Jay here, Just wanted to start a Build Thread for my new 2016 GTR in Gun Metallic with Black interior.  I just picked the car up about a week ago and I'm so excited to enjoy this fine machine.  

A little about myself:

Born and raised in NJ. I'm 37 and a Lifelong car enthusiast. Huge Japanese car fanboy.  I've AutoCrossed and Tracked my last two cars. and plan to do the same with my GTR. 

My last Nissan was a 2004 Sentra SE-R Spec V. Which I heavily modded and had tons of fun in. Heres a pic of me at Pocono Raceway.

IMG_0474.jpg

After the SpecV I jumped into my last car which was a very nice 2006 Subaru STi which I also heavily modified.  

Here's my Members Journal on the STi forum ---> JZeezSTi Member Journal.   and heres a few pics of that one. 

jay2.jpg

4824202536_b1cba0a78f_b.jpg

9-11-10SCCA14.jpg

SCCA9-11-2010b.jpg

I've always had such a deep love for the GTR and always dreamed of owning one some day. Well that dream has come true (partially, I still want an R34 one day  drool.gif ).   

Anyway, theres not much to talk about now since I just got the car and its currently at a local detail shop getting a new car paint prep, Ceramic Coating, PPF on front clip and other vulnerable areas and Window Tints.  

At the moment I dont plan to mod the car for more power with the exception of a Cobb OTS Stg1 map or protune, since this is the fastest car I've ever owned in stock form. So I'm gonna enjoy it as much as I can stock for now.  I will be making some minor mods that are more preventative and to improve some areas where the GTR falls short. One in particular is the brakes, Since I do plan on Tracking this thing, I want to make sure that the brakes get ample cooling since I've read that it is a known issue with these heavy beasts.. I actually attacked the same issue on my STi and was very successful in doing so with AMAZING results.  Heres the thread where I did that. ----> Brake Cooling Ducts for STi

I'm also going to be upgrading the trans and engine oil coolers to make sure that all fluids stay at safe temps. I will be sure to keep you guys updated on everything I do to the car.  Heres a picture for now. But I will have better ones once the weather clears up here in NJ. 

WhatsApp%20Image%202017-03-10%20at%206.3

IMG_36471_zpsg9whzy9k.jpg

Edited by JZeezGTR, 12 June 2018 - 03:04 PM.

• Tim, ian.r, HiBoost and 3 others like this

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Molten Silver (Sold)

2006 Subaru Impreza STi - Crystal Gray Metallic (Sold)
2016 Nissan GTR - Gun Metallic (Toy)
2015 Subaru Forester (Daily)
2017 Suberu Forester (Wifey's Daily)

GTR%20Signature.jpg

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,074 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Welcome !! Nice first post. Lots of track guy's here that are more than willing to point you in the right direction.

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Thank you!   :D

• Tim and fnsh1st like this

GTR%20Signature.jpg

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,515 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

welcome and nice purchase!

good to see a fellow track rat!

also nice brake duct write up!  Like people who contribute to the community.

I think the 2016s did great on the track except for trans temps so you might want to look at that mod first.

Otherwise the car is pretty capable as is....and only gets better.  Changing tires and you will have one of the fastest cars out on a track day.

WELCOME!

• JZeezGTR likes this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,096 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Those carbon pieces that do the 90 degree turn in the wheel well look awesome!

Are they readily available?

Dave
  • JZeezGTR likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,515 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Dave

corvette makes some in plastic.  I have a set in my garage....

• thehelix112 likes this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,096 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

corvette makes some in plastic. I have a set in my garage....

Cool.

I bet if they were carbon they'd be on your car. ;-)

Guess half the battle is getting a clean direct airflow into the tube. No fog lamps on a gtr. :-(

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 824 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

I would STRONGLY recommend going FBO E85 + Transmission Cooler + Nittos NT01/Toyos R888R. I picked up 10 seconds at Auto Club Speedway with these mods, trust me, the difference is just unreal. This will set you back around $6000-$10000 depending if you go full exhaust, titanium or SS, 18" or 20" wheels. Moreover, you could shop around in the parts section at both sites and Battaltion35 to get great deals on used stuff in excellent shape.

You will need:

Transmission cooler

Oil cooler

Transmission brace

Injectors (rated for E85)

Fuel pump (rated for E85)

Flex fuel kit

Fuel pressure sensor (cheap safety mod)

Full exhaust + Downpipes

Intakes

Wheels & Tires (for wider tires and lighter wheels for the track)

Brake pads & Rotors (you will wear the OEM out in few sessions, you can either invest in a dedicated track rotors/pads or buy a used DBA rotors for track so you keep your street setup)

You can also salvage your OEM parts for good $2500-$4000 depending on what you sell and at what condition.

Trust me, you need this.

Edited by BAZ007, 16 March 2017 - 12:02 AM.

• 7racer and JZeezGTR like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,515 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Cool.

I bet if they were carbon they'd be on your car. ;-)

Guess half the battle is getting a clean direct airflow into the tube. No fog lamps on a gtr. :-(

lol I was saving them to do a brake duct project and got side tracked!

Hopefully with the new uprights I will get something together

• JZeezGTR likes this

In7anity!!

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Dave

Those were made by a guy named Randy Zimmer. They are called Roo Ducts. And since he is a hardcore Subaru guy, he only made them for the subaru since we had a similar challenge as the GTR where there was no room to route the hoses through the engine bay, due to the header being in the way on both sides.  But these pieces were amazing and worked GREAT!  I thought about hitting him up for potentially making a set for the GTR as a collaborative effort. I know he could sell a boat load if he made some for us. 

I would STRONGLY recommend going FBO E85 + Transmission Cooler + Nittos NT01/Toyos R888R. I picked up 10 seconds at Auto Club Speedway with these mods, trust me, the difference is just unreal. This will set you back around $6000-$10000 depending if you go full exhaust, titanium or SS, 18" or 20" wheels. Moreover, you could shop around in the parts section at both sites and Battaltion35 to get great deals on used stuff in excellent shape.

You will need:

Transmission cooler

Oil cooler

Transmission brace

Injectors (rated for E85)

Fuel pump (rated for E85)

Flex fuel kit

Fuel pressure sensor (cheap safety mod)

Full exhaust + Downpipes

Intakes

Wheels & Tires (for wider tires and lighter wheels for the track)

Brake pads & Rotors (you will wear the OEM out in few sessions, you can either invest in a dedicated track rotors/pads or buy a used DBA rotors for track so you keep your street setup)

You can also salvage your OEM parts for good $2500-$4000 depending on what you sell and at what condition.

Trust me, you need this.

Thank you for the great advice. I will definitely be taking it for everything but the power upgrades. I really dont want to mod for power at the moment. I want to learn the car at its stock power levels first. But in the future I will most certainly be shooting for higher numbers.  never the less I appreciate the kind words and great advice! THank you! 

lol I was saving them to do a brake duct project and got side tracked!

Hopefully with the new uprights I will get something together

Can you please provide a link to where you got them from. and maybe a picture of them as well.  I'd be interested in using them.  My quest has already begun for a brake cooling solution.  I will be compiling as much research and info to create (or contribute to an already existing) brake cooling thread for everyone to be able to use for the GTR. I really want to solve this matter in the cleanest and most effective way, that is also affordable.  I believe these cars should have come with brake cooling from the factory and so I want to make my set up as clean and OEM-like as possible. Also I want it to be easily replicated by anyone who wishes to add brake cooling to their mod list.  I hope to be able to do it so it works with any wheel tire combo, doesn't impede on ground clearance, and most importantly actually works.  My biggest challenge so far is finding a nice backing plate that bolts on to the hub, directs the air to the center of the rotor and has a cylinder tube to accept the high temp hose. Also the other challenge is routing through the wheel well in a clean and effective way that wont affect wheel  and ground clearance.  Together I think we can all make this happen very soon.  

Edited by JZeezGTR, 16 March 2017 - 11:07 AM.

• choerizo and thebeast like this

GTR%20Signature.jpg

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,096 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Sounds good. Plenty of efforts previously in that vein that'd be worth reviewing too

Dave

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,515 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

here are the ducts from the corvette that I was going to use.  The person I purchased them from added the metal ring to make it easier to clamp on the tubing.

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

• thebeast and JZeezGTR like this

In7anity!!

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

The results are IN!!!!!    Just got pics from Nick @ Oakes Detailing in West Chester, PA of the finished product.  They did an Xpel Ultimate Full body wrap, CQuartz Ceramic Coating and 3M window Tinting, 35% all around and 70% on the windshield. 

Here she is boys and girls.  Its scheduled to be delivered in about 1 hr from now.  

IMG_5225-2_zps0n9wfrel.jpg

IMG_5257-2_zpsf9tfdnuj.jpg

IMG_5213-2_zps2pnxr3g8.jpg

IMG_5260-2_zpshlinzs0e.jpg

IMG_5170-2_zps80g6suxp.jpg

• Tim, 7racer, choerizo and 1 other like this

GTR%20Signature.jpg

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,074 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Damm Looking good

• JZeezGTR likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

So I've got a little update on my GTR.  Nothing crazy but still something I'd like to share. 

- After getting the car back from Oakes Detailing after 4 weeks of waiting, I was so siked to get the car back that at first glance I was too excited to really look at the car closely. And as days passed I started noticing more and more things that I wasn't too pleased with. The full story is going to be posted in a separate review thread, but the cliff notes are; Poor attention to detail, car seemed rushed, neglected to cover multiple sections of the car, many edges of the film lifting day after delivery, did not receive any documentation (receipt or warranty cards for Xpel / CQuartz / 3M window tint), Horrible job at rectifying the mistakes after being notified of them, and VERY POOR communication and response time.  Overall I would not recommend going here and personally I regret going to Oakes for the work. 

- I installed the "Rexspeed" Carbon Fiber / Nitrogen Filled Hood dampers.  GREAT BUY!  Always been a fan of hood dampers over the hood prop. I just feel that this feature should be standard on all cars, especially a $100K+ car like the GTR.  The install was a breeze and required removing some plastic clips and using factory nuts and bolts for mounting points of the dampers. They work great and look amazing. Not to mention offer obstruction free access to the under hood area. 

Pics
20170419_112409_zpsknrafrcq.jpg

20170419_112414_zpskdfgxemc.jpg

20170419_112419_zpsvhauyl4y.jpg

20170419_112426_zpsvd3qaghf.jpg

20170419_112431_zpseomrzmkn.jpg

20170419_112434_zps5qqtzqie.jpg

20170419_112442_zpskzjh08sa.jpg

20170419_112439_zpskwermynr.jpg

- I also purchased the BlendMount for the V1 that I've had for almost 12 yrs.  I had a hardwire kit already and decided to just solder / splice right into the wire of the homelink mirror, rather then purchase the custom pin tap that is available. This decision was more about instant gratification rather then cost savings. The blendmount came in 1 day from amazon. But the pin tap kit was gonna take 5 days to arrive, so I just said Fuck it and soldered right into the wire. I'm very good at wiring and soldering, as I used to build custom harnesses for automotive applications in my previous career. So it was a breeze for me. Took all of 20 minutes to install the mount and tap the power. The results came out great! I'm very happy with the BlendMount. Very high quality and well made product. A little on the expensive side. Was about $100 off Amazon. But It was well worth it to me.  Very solid mounting with no shaking or bouncing. Extremely sturdy. Sits perfect and works great!  

Pics

20170419_112218_001_zpsi8ketar7.jpg

20170419_112229_zps5flbrqug.jpg

20170419_112551_zpsj4ar7diu.jpg

- I finally got through the excruciating break in period. I followed it to the "T" and made an appointment at Nissan World of Denville, NJ to have my 1k POS performed. The dealer was great. I recommend taking your GTR there for service. I met Richie the service adviser and he answered my 100 questions with no problem. He was patient and attentive to all my concerns. Herb the GTR Tech came out and introduced himself and was also very helpful in answering my questions. I felt comfortable leaving my car in their hands.  They also provided an Altima loaner for me. The car was done by the end of the day. I elected to go for an unnecessary but precautionary oil change just to be on the safe side (my decision).  However, the oil change ran me $338 and I felt that the $250 in labor was a bit egregious and gouging. Moving forward in the future, I will most likely change my own oil to save money.  After picking up the car, I immediately can feel the difference in the Shifting after a TCM Relearn. I also noticed the handling was much better after the wheel alignment. Herb said the wheel alignment was all over the place and needed a lot of adjustment. He set it up with the track alignment settings as per my request. After passing the 1200 mile mark I finally hit WOT for the first time in this thing, and started feeling the car out and having fun in it. WOW, Its amazing!  What a machine. I was smiling from ear to ear. I blinked and was doing 150+ before I knew it. Its scary!  I've never owned or driven anything this powerful or fast so this is still new to me and I'm enjoying learning the car slowly in stock form. I can't wait to get it on the AutoCross and Road Course to learn the limits in a controlled and sanctioned environment. I'm anxious to whip it around the corners and feel those G's.  

- I have an appointment to drop the car off at "Lightwerkz" for a headlight housing black out. I'm blacking out the chrome inner housing of the headlights. I personally hate the chrome and I believe blacking it out will look more aggressive and match the color theme of the car.  It wont affect the performance of the headlights. and will be done super clean and professional and look factory.  Pics to come next week. 

Thats all for now!  Thank you for reading and I'll keep you guys updated as I do more to her. 

• 7racer, Dan_585 and tg07 like this

GTR%20Signature.jpg

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey
Ok. Well I just picked up the car from Lightwerkz, in Oakland, NJ.  I had my Inner housings painted Semi-Flat Black. Left some parts chrome for a nice contrast and OEM+ look. They came out amazing.  Caesar the owner was awesome to work with. He gave me constant updates and teaser pics. I opted for turn key service. They have a beautiful shop with a lift and take extra care of the cars they work on. He removed and reinstalled the headlights flawlessly without any broken clips or misplaced screws/nuts.  The job was super clean and flawless!  Highly recommend Lightwerkz for any headlight work you want done. They service customers all over the world. You can ship them the headlights and they will ship them back after modifying them. They offer an array of services from housings paint to full blown projector retrofits, LED strips, Demon Eyes, Custom wiring and a bunch more. Here are some pics of the work and some links to their instagram about my car. 

Pics!

20170426_094825_zpsokewusia.jpg

20170426_094811_zps1it8cmlt.jpg

20170426_094806_zpszl6dfrux.jpg

• Tim and choerizo like this

GTR%20Signature.jpg

Carmiwrx

Carmiwrx

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 594 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
  • LocationClarkesville, GA
I worked with Caesar in the infancy of his Lightwerkz business, on my STi. +1 on his great service and communication. Definitely one of the great guys in this hobby. Nice looking car!

Carmi
RIP: C. O, E. H., C.S-K.

I popped my motor after 4yrs and 8k miles which all of them were hard miles like a dude fucking his first piece of pussy after doing 5yrs in the joint. -Tim S.

GTR heritage - come get some!

GTRMIZ

GTRMIZ

Stage 1 Member

• 127 posts
  • Joined 14-January 14
  • LocationCT

headlight look great. show of came like this stock

15392714937_1433e74dde_o.png

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

So I've been a busy bee for the last few weeks. Buying some goodies for the GTR.  Here's what I've purchased. Nothing installed yet. Waiting on a few things. 

Brand New Volk TE37 Ultra's in Bronze (With Center Caps). Rear 20x12 +20 / Front 20x10 +30. 

Brand New Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Rear 335/30/20 / Front 285/35/20 

New Set of TPMS from TireRack

Muteki SR48 Black Open end Lug Nuts and a set of Locks

APR CF Front Air DAM 

Zele CF Side Skirts

RexSpeed CF Rear Spat Extensions

RexSpeed CF Diffuser Fins. (2 sets / 4 total) I got these in Matte Carbon to match the factory rear diffuser that they will be mounted to. 

Also got some GTechniq C5 Wheel Armour for the Volks. I will be applying that before the wheels get mounted while theyre still fresh in the box. 

Pics of What I got so far. 

20170521_162008_zpskfcwbqbr.jpg

20170521_162001_zps4zk2s5r4.jpg

20170521_161955_zpsauvo1hqq.jpg

20170521_155117_zpsotqvcyrm.jpg

20170521_155220_zpskx8k9gdj.jpg

20170521_155259_zpsenqow1ke.jpg

Mounted...

GTR1_zpsbiyf101f.jpg

Edited by JZeezGTR, 25 May 2017 - 02:48 PM.

• 7racer, Dan_585 and thebeast like this

GTR%20Signature.jpg

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Mounted 

GTR1_zpsbiyf101f.jpg

• Tim, thehelix112 and Dan_585 like this

GTR%20Signature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users