Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nice bulge or are you just happy to see me

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,444 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

The R7s were done after 3 days at COTA. Usually they only last about 150 to 200 miles. At COTA they went about 300 miles. They don't come apart. They start loosing there grip.

Diamond polished asphalt. If only the dopes that run Firebird could spring for that goodness!

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Bse

Bse

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 14-September 13
That would be awesome!
  • elf_cruiser likes this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,488 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posting alignment for tracking purposes. I may dial it down slightly. Any other recommendations?

alignment.jpg

• thehelix112 likes this

Bse

Bse

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 14-September 13
I would put the rear camber at -2.0 degrees. That's what I've found to work the best. Everything else looks good!
  • choerizo likes this

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 678 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

Also driving over the curbs at COTA can damage the tires too! I saw at least 3 other Pirelli slicks come apart that weekend on different GTR's. That's why I use Hoosier R7s. I didn't have any tire problems.

"Come apart" - literally?

I've only run Pirelli 305/690-19 DH & haven't had them come apart...curb hopping* at every opportunity. My fronts will cord first on outside of tire (@ -3.5*, slight toe-out), rears just inboard of center (@ -2.0*, slight toe-in).

*I would think that if you straddle curb in T8, but carry too much speed such that you're thrown back across curbing before apex, then the raised inside lip of the curbing would be pretty hard on the tire.

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

image.jpg

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,488 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

bse, are ya'll on 19"s or 18"s? I'm wondering if it's time to finally drop down in size for better slick options.

Bse

Bse

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 14-September 13
We are on 18s. 10.5 wide fronts and 12 wide rears.
  • 7racer and choerizo like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users