Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quieter Options Than Linney Titan

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Thomrs

Thomrs

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
Yes Colin, I do confirm having strong droning with my setup.
L.L., thank you for your last post.
I think I will soon move to the Lithfield system. I'll keep you inform here about my feeling when installed.
Once again thanks everybody for advises,
Thom
  • L.L. and Colin8989 like this

SwissMTNAlien

SwissMTNAlien

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 16-August 13

Adding a single Borla muffler to my midpipe on a completely cat-free system got rid of 100% of the raspy (i.e. crappy pickup truck) sounds and killed any cruising drone.  Still sounds great at WOT though.  I'm guessing you might have some difficulty finding a fabricator that is able to modify a Ti system, but if you can it could be cheaper/easier than completely replacing the whole system.

I did this on my previous GT-R and agree 100%. Made a huge difference!

2015 Pearl White GT-R Premium

AAM non-resonated midpipe, Vorsteiner VFF-103 Wheels

Past Rides: 2012 GT-R (586whp), 2011 Evo MR (452whp), 2010 STi (380whp), 2006 Z06 (479rwhp), 2006 BMW M3, 2003 Mustang Cobra (509rwhp)

Colin8989

Colin8989

Stock

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 04-October 16

Yes Colin, I do confirm having strong droning with my setup.
L.L., thank you for your last post.
I think I will soon move to the Lithfield system. I'll keep you inform here about my feeling when installed.
Once again thanks everybody for advises,
Thom

Looking forward to seeing results also.

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 2 Member

• 203 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan
Go back to stock
  • thehelix112 likes this

L.L.

L.L.

Stock

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 02-September 16
  • LocationSan Diego

I debated whether to start a new thread but since the dyno session was for the sole purpose of comparing the numbers of the Litchfield system vs the OEM catback, I'll just post here so others will know what to expect in the future.

Copy and pasted from the thread on the other forum:

The dyno session at ACG Automotive was yesterday afternoon and Chris Black was able to clean things up with three pulls. We confirmed what usually happens going to a larger exhaust without a revised tune during the initial baseline run. The car gained 32HP up top and lost some low end torque. Looking at our street logs from last week, we knew that was going to occur due to increased boost on the top end under heavier loads in 3rd to 4th gear. The HP gain might not be considered a direct result of the exhaust; more so the boost increase due to a freer flowing exhaust. Would be interested to hear thoughts on this.

Because the car is still running a stock transmission, we elected to keep things conservative as the clutch was starting to slip with the bump in power. Chris kept me at +10HP over my original tune numbers with a similar torque number (648/555 on a Mustang dyno). We also added the Cobb TCM add-on to adjust clutch capacity and added two more maps (low and medium in addition to kill).

I'm pretty happy with the numbers and the car runs great so, unless something unforeseen occurs (knock on wood), the car will remain in its current state for a little while until I'm ready for a Shep transmission. Thanks to James and Scott at ACG along with Chris Black for the continued support in getting the car running perfectly!

Here's the video and some photos from yesterday:

IMG_1064_400.jpg

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield 

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit 

Thomrs

Thomrs

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
Thank you L.L., that's interesting.
The sound level during this dyno session seems really decent, and very nice at full throttle.

I received my exhaust but won't be able to put it into the car until next week...can't wait to do it but too much work!!!

Thom
  • L.L. likes this

Gtrpdx

Gtrpdx

Stock

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 07-January 17
I am having fabworx make me a 4" resonated ypipe fit Titan street 4", will go on the car in a few weeks will report then. Also catless downpipes

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

I am having fabworx make me a 4" resonated ypipe fit Titan street 4", will go on the car in a few weeks will report then. Also catless downpipes

does what's his name still work for fabworx? if so buyer beware

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 3 Member

• 387 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

does what's his name still work for fabworx? if so buyer beware

Pretty sure he doesn't anymore.

Gtrpdx

Gtrpdx

Stock

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 07-January 17
I am working with Keith directly, I will post some pics once I get it

Gtrpdx

Gtrpdx

Stock

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 07-January 17
My goal is 1200whp street car that's smooth and civilized. Not cheap to do, but its worth it to me, we just spent 3 weeks on redoing entire interior with sound deadener and alcantara. Titan street and rsonated ypipe should be very good.

L.L.

L.L.

Stock

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 02-September 16
  • LocationSan Diego

My goal is 1200whp street car that's smooth and civilized. Not cheap to do, but its worth it to me, we just spent 3 weeks on redoing entire interior with sound deadener and alcantara. Titan street and rsonated ypipe should be very good.

I also did the sound deadening a few months ago. It was a ton of work but worth it in end. 3-4db reduction in road noise at highway speeds. Please share your thoughts on what you think of the car after the new midpipe and sound deadener. Would also be interested in hearing the exhaust with new ypipe.

IMG_1064_400.jpg

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield 

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users