Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BaZ GTR Build “Silver Bullet”

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 834 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

That first time you squeeze the throttle, it will come rushing back!

Maybe you are right, the fastest car I owned was my FBO GTR at 600WHP lol. So maybe there is an upside to it.

As I told Cicio, I am seriously looking for my next project, either 2020 Porsche 992, 2020 Audi R8 (Facelift, last edition) or 2020 Huracan (Facelift) and have them modded to a reliable street weapon at around 1000WHP for daily driving to the office. Something with GTX28-GTX30 turbo range probably (UGR Stage III equivalent)

I had a deposit on the new Tesla Roadster 2.0 when I learned that the performance edition might be launched later not necessarily at launch as I expected. That car will definitely be my go to SuperCar if the numbers turn to be true.

• Tim, celsius, elf_cruiser and 1 other like this

Formidable

Formidable

Stage 4 Member

• 516 posts
  • Joined 24-December 15
Awesome to hear. Light at the end of the tunnel. 👍👍
  • celsius likes this
2014 Premium | WGP Built Motor 1124 AWHP | Shep 1K | Racing Brake | AMS | Unobtainium | Advan GT | Overtake | Varis | DCTMS | BRIDE | https://instagram.com/formidable_gtr

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,796 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Congrats on getting your car almost home and nice numbers, my man anybody that has Done a big build shit pops up left and right all the time things get delayed this is part of the game dude you’ll forget all about it when you take your first right and I look forward to hearing about it
  • celsius and droptopp like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,919 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
+1
  • celsius likes this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

gtrguyinaz

gtrguyinaz

Stage 1 Member

• 121 posts
  • Joined 26-April 17
  • LocationEast Valley, Phoenix

I appreciate Cicio's and Team at TSM assistance and ownership in getting the car completed properly despite the numerous issues that have been popping left and right. Doug has been great working since the initiation of the project and then assisting me in getting the project completed to my satisfaction.

I have learned a lot and will surely not repeat the same mistake that is 100% unique to the Automotive Aftermarket that I never saw coming despite all the due diligence I did. This is coming from a Construction Project Manager where my experience in the construction industry Project Management has been 80% irrelevant in the aftermarket automotive industry.

Regarding my car, I have high hopes for a nice weekend warrior. Because I am not looking to break records and after longevity and reliability as much as possible I requested to cap the boost at 38-40psi on E98 as the car will be 100% street weapon. I will not be switching my brakes to fit Slicks and chase some numbers in the 1/4, rather take it as is and run the 1/4 with regular RPM so the car launches nicely and doesn't hop. All in all, I'm looking to have fun with the car to be a jack of all trades, master of none, which has been my goal since the beginning.

Cicio did share the informal Dyno but I will get the clean one later, however, the numbers as follows:

1500 WHP / 1060 ft/lb at 38psi on E98

1163 WHP / 846 ft/lb at (not sure yet) on 93

I am looking forward to meeting Cicio and the team in few days and test the car out thoroughly and report back with some Dragy/Vbox numbers!

My only problem is you have left AZ so how will we ever now get a ride ??

I love that you have kept with the concept of a road race car .  ENJOY...

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 834 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

My only problem is you have left AZ so how will we ever now get a ride ??
I love that you have kept with the concept of a road race car . ENJOY...

Hhhh, I'm actually still in AZ and fly in every now and then for a project I'm working on that's going for two more years or so.

However, yes I'll be testing the car next week before shipping it back home. I'm planning to take it to the Atlanta Dragway and just run it on a low boost setting as is with street tires and minimum launch RPM/BOTL setting or just regular roll out to get a feel on the car.
  • Tim likes this

Cicio

Cicio

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,121 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Hhhh, I'm actually still in AZ and fly in every now and then for a project I'm working on that's going for two more years or so.

However, yes I'll be testing the car next week before shipping it back home. I'm planning to take it to the Atlanta Dragway and just run it on a low boost setting as is with street tires and minimum launch RPM/BOTL setting or just regular roll out to get a feel on the car.

You are gonna get kicked out first pass LOL 

• celsius and Jared@SFS like this

~N.Cicio

49579549671_a4d8b9958b_z.jpg

***TOP THREE 1/4 MILE***
-7.37@198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189

***TOP THREE 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-ELITE PrimeR Stock Frames @ 7.62@180
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@cicioperformance.com
cicioperformance.com

Jared@SFS

Jared@SFS

Stage 3 Member

• 383 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13
  • LocationAlpharetta Georgia

Like Cicio said, even if you only 1/8th mile the car, they'll most likely kick you out. They take their NHRA agreement VERY seriously.

cjmatt

cjmatt

Stage 4 Member

• 462 posts
  • Joined 29-January 14
  • LocationDetroit
Awesome thread! How'd it do?

wspy

wspy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 269 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13
  • LocationJamaica WI

Dude.... :ponder:

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 834 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

POPULAR

Sorry it took me a whole to get around to this, I have been travelling for the past few weeks non-stop for a new project. Couldn't get enough time to be on the forums either.

Trip to Atlanta:

Day 1 Friday (2-Nov-18): My plane landed in ATL at around 1345, I immediately went to Enterprise to pick up my rental and I drove straight to TSM. I wanted to get to them before they closed at 5pm and it was Friday, so I didn't even stop to check in and leave my luggage.

I got to TSM with the Friday traffic around 1530, another GTR guy was picking up his TSM Elite Plus car so I had to wait for him first. They had my car parked and ready at the parking lot and I had to say I was ecstatic to see it run for the first time after 20 months of wait! Nathan and Taylor talked to me about the car, what to expect, what to look for and gave me general guidelines, then Taylor took me on a short drive, and boy was the car beastly! Too loud due to the straight pipe, otherwise it was scarey powerful, on low setting lol! The car was tuned on E85 and Taylor had it set so that Map 1 stated at around 800WHP and max power was around 1400WHP on map 8, until the car is fully broken in I get to have a proper seat time to control the power.

The team at TSM told me it would be nice if I was able to put about 100-200 miles on it over the weekend which I was planning to spend in Atlanta but not to kill myself over it. Little I knew that I was going to put almost 600 miles over two days! I went to the hotel that evening early because I had little sleep over the week and I was planning to take the car to the Atlanta Dragway. I didn't mind being kicked as I wasn't planning to return anytime soon to that track, however, it had unfortunately rained and they canceled the event on Saturday, so I really was clueless as where to test the car. Nathan was kind enough to invite me to a Saturday cruise to parts of Chattahooche National Forest.

Driving back to the hotel, I had the car on Map 1 800WHP, I was just getting the feeling on how the car drives in a stop and go traffic, and then on the highway for the first time. I then got to a highway stretch with no traffic whatsoever, so I decided to punch it. The first pull I had to let go at 2nd Red Line as it really scared the shit out of me. It was hooking really well on the R888R 315 square setup, however, I could feel the wheel spin from all the power and cold pavement, I really shouted HOLY SHIT out loud. I then attempted a second pull from 3d gear and around 80mph, man it was pulling so hard I let go immediately to comprehend the power, I finally got my shit together to the third pull which I started from 50mph on second gear all the way to 160ish on 5th gear and that run made that day and I said enough as the car still needed some of the body panels to be secured properly (Side Skirts, Hood and Fender Fins), and honestly I was just still scared of how hard it pulls, I could only imagine how fast everything happens in the low 7s and 6s cars! Kudos to the guys driving them!

I noticed that the Fuel Gauge wasn't working, so until TSM addresses that and for the purpose of driving the car over the weekend, I had to ODO my trips to estimate fuel usage and I was refueling every 135 miles. On E85 that was 15 gallons, on Pump I was refueling every 150miles for about 15 gallons too.

Day 2 Saturday (3-Nov-18): I met with Nathan and his crew at 0800 at a gas station close to TSM, I got to meet some guys that are also on the forum such as Javid who also has a Pro1700. The drive to the National Forest was around 50miles and the car was driving like a stock GTR, except for the exhaust crazy drone across all speeds which is something I guess I'll have to live with until I find the time to address it with a different exhaust setup that can accommodate my rear diff cooler.

But man that drive was extremely scenic and nice, I got to stretch the legs of my GTR, see how suspension works, brakes and partial/full throttle in 2nd/3ed and partial 4th gear. It really worked beautifully and exceeded my expectations for a fresh build without having the street tune dialed in and still needing few tweaks here and there to get the car where it should be. The total trip was shy of 200 miles from the hotel round trip. I went back to my room to refresh and stopped at the nearby mall for lunch.

The 991 TSM drove was also beautiful and fast, it really is the kind of car you would want for a DD, low profile and extremely well and comfortable interior. I was honestly blown away!

I went out at night to drive around Atlant, I got pulled by Atlanta PD patrol as soon I left the hotel. He said I must have the temporary tag at the licence plate location, however, they were kind enough to simply tell me to be careful as other patrols can pull me for the same reason, otherwise they were really interested in checking the car out! Once I got done with that ane had my dinner I went out for a few highways pulls for the second time on the far away empty highways. The car did pull strong all the way to 5th, I did get Draggy but for some reason it didn't record my runs. I did around 6 highway pulls. Some shifts were harsher at redline that I would like it to be which Taylor will be looking at, however, all in all, I really was impressed and scared from how the car pulls, I did the second set of pulls on Map 3 or around 1000WHP setting. Man, that was a blast!

Day 3 Sunday (4-Nov-18): Coincidentally, that Sunday happened to be the first Sunday of the month when Atlanta's Caffeine and Octane monthly car show is held, so I decided to go and check it out. I got there at around 0830. When I got there they asked me to park my car in the exotics section which was nice. I got to meet friendly people who had many questions about my car as well as got to see some interesting cars.

I liked the cruise that Nathan took us to, that I decided to drive up there again on the second day on Pump 93 fuel after Caffeine and Octane. I went on the northern part this time, which was less technical and more relaxed, I got to see some nice smaller cities and had an amazing lunch, and some scenic views. Total trip was about 250 miles.

Day 4 Monday (5-Nov-18): I simply had to go over my observations from the weekend of driving the car with the team at TSM before taking the flight back home. When I told Nathan how the car didn't drive as great on Pump 93 as it did on day 1-2 on E85, he laughed and said he was impressed it drove properly as they haven't street tuned it on Pump 93 yet! That explained many of the observations, and they will be addressing other minor issues over the course of the next few weeks. The team at TSM were impressed that I have put over 600 miles over the course of the weekend. I honestly was so happy and excited that I couldn't resist the temptation and was looking for every excuse to go the long way!

I must admit that the Umbrella kit made it a breeze to drive around town and over bumps, it makes the car looks like an SUV with the ground clearance, it really is functional, moreover, once you drop it, the car is exactly where you want it to be and can be adjusted accordingly. I do have the DSC control unit with Tractive RT suspension, and on full soft, it is extremly spongy especially when the car is lifted it gived the suspension that extra travel distance. I still need to tweak the Race mode for firmer rating once I get the car back home.

I would like to thank and appreciate the efforts of Nathan and team at TSM in making that weekend an exciting and memorable one!

Attached are some pictures from that weekend. Please feel free to ask me any questions!
6b2d81759afe3c5a47949a4bc64c12ab.jpgb5c06351790b0b8fdc0f9150fc7eee41.jpgc4e50a54be0df8cb7a92a031680513df.jpg3bc385a78b0fe68566423d041e040759.jpg92bf7c0ac9b2dd9e32a60834a7240a7b.jpg7e1809693a90d86eb3715d24436d1d6c.jpg1a0cc4c4120cd5601b84693b9094dd7c.jpgeb021c350a41041ee66b7e766a08d487.jpg935042ce0acd58147107632c9fd9d49e.jpg3de2facfc65c0c54b86f42acf392c271.jpg2e2f4bbb4a933f131066843b27c01a74.jpg2935a9745500312bb8c10f6b0e538e17.jpg1457077aa1ce09d2bee54278f87f202c.jpg3aa937e32333f6331fcafc33a751506a.jpg2f7a142ad61b62d4a4304c82da9c5090.jpg7a864b5f547a95293ee1848acd9034e2.jpg2c0d295db27a21e5f99d2a69c1fe457c.jpg8bccc8734f676be4ac1c38a4fec07f8f.jpg9711ae8db6dbeb5f7b9163f142234cd2.jpgf57ca836661e04e6afdd75e8f41dea58.jpge4ebb01aaba3202a908199552ce37135.jpg7118fdc2dd90130dedc1a8ffbbf316fd.jpg

Edited by BAZ007, 01 December 2018 - 02:18 PM.

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 2 others like this

Formidable

Formidable

Stage 4 Member

• 516 posts
  • Joined 24-December 15
Good to see the beast finally on the road! Happy for you man 👍👍
2014 Premium | WGP Built Motor 1124 AWHP | Shep 1K | Racing Brake | AMS | Unobtainium | Advan GT | Overtake | Varis | DCTMS | BRIDE | https://instagram.com/formidable_gtr

Yme

Yme

Stock

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 31-October 16

I LOL'ed when i read you yelled "HOLY SHIT" as i've done that a couple of times myself after i got the car modded lol.  Thanks for the detailed review and congrats on the complete build!!

BTW is the color of your car matte grey?? looks sharp!

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,796 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Car turned out beautiful ❤️❤️ All the wait time is now forgotten super happy for ya💯💯 enjoy in good health my man
  • Formidable likes this

tg07

tg07

Stage 2.5 Member

• 274 posts
  • Joined 02-November 16
  • LocationWisconsin
Excellent write up. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the beast!
  • thehelix112 likes this

Alpha 7

Sillyhp

Sillyhp

Stock

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 17-July 16
Great to see it on the road man. Last time I saw it, it was in piece's next to mine at under pressure. Unfortunately, mine is still in pieces and I'm on year two. I'm doing a 2000hp build as well but the first shop ripped me off and damaged my car. Then the other two shops had to pick up the pieces. So, I understand what you went through and truly sympathize with your frustration brother. Enjoy it safely.
  • thehelix112 likes this

celsius

celsius

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12

Great to see it on the road man. Last time I saw it, it was in piece's next to mine at under pressure. Unfortunately, mine is still in pieces and I'm on year two. I'm doing a 2000hp build as well but the first shop ripped me off and damaged my car. Then the other two shops had to pick up the pieces. So, I understand what you went through and truly sympathize with your frustration brother. Enjoy it safely.

Wow, sorry to hear about that! Which shops damaged your car? I’d like to know so nobody uses them.
  • Mattson likes this

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.)

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race @ Tx2k19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users