Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Maca for 7

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

bdl99

bdl99

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 30-December 12

on the forums they were saying the car was "almost" as fast as the P1?

true?

I saw those rumors too, but no quoted track times at the event .

• 7racer likes this

Steve Theodore

Steve Theodore

Stage 4 Member

• 444 posts
  • Joined 23-November 14
  • LocationNorth Bend, WA

I have to admit I have mixed feelings when a 'base' Sports series car is going to threaten lap times of the 675LT and possibly P1.  McLaren is really odd with that regard, in that nothing is sacred.  I know that most Macca fans don't seem to mind, but if I had just bought a 675LT and the new base car whupped it I cannot say I'd be too happy about it, nor would it do any favors for 675LT pricing in the used market either.

That being said, stoked to see what the 720S is going to do as I don't have any dog in that fight myself.  :)

• 7racer likes this

Steve Theodore

2014 Nissan GT-R

- Kline Inconel grade 625 full exhaust, ForgeLine GA1R Open-Lug Cap wheels

2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

- SharkWerks exhaust bypass, lots of OEM goodness

1993.5 Toyota Supra TT hardtop

- TwinsTurbo build, BW EFR 7163 twins, 1175 whp

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I have to admit I have mixed feelings when a 'base' Sports series car is going to threaten lap times of the 675LT and possibly P1.  McLaren is really odd with that regard, in that nothing is sacred.  I know that most Macca fans don't seem to mind, but if I had just bought a 675LT and the new base car whupped it I cannot say I'd be too happy about it, nor would it do any favors for 675LT pricing in the used market either.

That being said, stoked to see what the 720S is going to do as I don't have any dog in that fight myself.  :)

I've read that on the Mclaren forum...the owners hate that as it adds to the depreciation of the car.  However, there are some that say that it will level off and that the cars are still "somewhat" limited in production numbers so the value will be better than purchasing a Lambo

In7anity!!

bdl99

bdl99

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 30-December 12

I've read that on the Mclaren forum...the owners hate that as it adds to the depreciation of the car.  However, there are some that say that it will level off and that the cars are still "somewhat" limited in production numbers so the value will be better than purchasing a Lambo

My perspective is it is a version of pay to play. I understand that continually bringing out new/better cars has a negative effect on the depreciation (which as a 650S owner I don't like) but at the end of the day I would rather that than just drip feeding the changes to the cars.  I think a bigger problem with the depreciation was not managing the supply and in that area I think McLaren have learnt some lessons and we will see how that goes.

• 7racer likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

My perspective is it is a version of pay to play. I understand that continually bringing out new/better cars has a negative effect on the depreciation (which as a 650S owner I don't like) but at the end of the day I would rather that than just drip feeding the changes to the cars.  I think a bigger problem with the depreciation was not managing the supply and in that area I think McLaren have learnt some lessons and we will see how that goes.

idk...they sound like they will make as many 720s as they can...that doesn't help does it?

In7anity!!

bdl99

bdl99

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 30-December 12

idk...they sound like they will make as many 720s as they can...that doesn't help does it?

While that is true the US market was over supplied initially in my view.  Also as time goes by McLaren interest is growing and there is then more demand.  One thing I do like is the depreciation doesn't seem to be tightly linked to mileage like say Ferrari, so I'm not afraid to drive the maca :)  (that is my glass half full)

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,010 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
For the owners out there - will any of these cars fit someone who's 6'6" with a 37" inseam?
Just curious, thanks!

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

For the owners out there - will any of these cars fit someone who's 6'6" with a 37" inseam?
Just curious, thanks!

I'll bring it out to Arizona and you can do a test fit ;)

lol but when I am out there in May it looks like I will get to test drive the BAC mono on the 21st in the Spring Mountain area?  We plan to do some Grand Canyon stuff after that as my friend said its close?

I can meet up with you on the 27th when we head back to Phoenix...unless you want to come out to Spring Mountain and drive a Mono?

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,010 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

I'll bring it out to Arizona and you can do a test fit ;)

lol but when I am out there in May it looks like I will get to test drive the BAC mono on the 21st in the Spring Mountain area? We plan to do some Grand Canyon stuff after that as my friend said its close?

I can meet up with you on the 27th when we head back to Phoenix...unless you want to come out to Spring Mountain and drive a Mono?

Yes please! Spring Mtn is great and it's about a 6 hr drive from Phx. If I thought there was half a chance of fitting into the Mono then it would be worth taking a cpl of days off work.

Btw, I should have my build done by then so I'd love for you to check it out while you're in Phx.

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Yes please! Spring Mtn is great and it's about a 6 hr drive from Phx. If I thought there was half a chance of fitting into the Mono then it would be worth taking a cpl of days off work.

Btw, I should have my build done by then so I'd love for you to check it out while you're in Phx.

the 21st is a Sunday! come out!  the pedal box on the mono is totally adjustable and you can get a custom molded seat :)

but hell yes!  Want to check out the build!!!!  Will pm you as the plans get closer to being ironed out.

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,010 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

the 21st is a Sunday! come out! the pedal box on the mono is totally adjustable and you can get a custom molded seat :)

but hell yes! Want to check out the build!!!! Will pm you as the plans get closer to being ironed out.

Definitely do that. LMK the details of the trackday, but I just realized that there's a NASA event at SoCal speedway that weekend. If my car is ready then I will probably want to go racing and score some points. Otherwise I can head up to Spring Mtn on the 21st and stay in Vegas Sunday night, drive home on Monday afternoon. That would be a fun time for sure!

Edited by elf_cruiser, 19 February 2017 - 10:28 PM.

• 7racer likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,288 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
May 21st at auto club speedway elf? I'll see what I'm doing but it'd be fun to head out and catch up, even if I can't run with you. Assuming nasa events aren't hpde-type affairs.

Dave

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,010 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

May 21st at auto club speedway elf? I'll see what I'm doing but it'd be fun to head out and catch up, even if I can't run with you. Assuming nasa events aren't hpde-type affairs.

Dave

Yes, AutoClub / SoCal / whatever they are calling it now. And yes there are 4 DE groups at all NASA events so if I were you I would sign up for DE2 or DE3 and be ready to rattle off your list of prior experience. The main difference between the 4 groups is passing rules, and I forget the specifics but they get more lenient in the higher groups. Point bys are always good, even up to race group...
  • 7racer likes this

Nosferatu

Nosferatu

Stage 1 Member

• 185 posts
  • Joined 13-March 16
  • LocationAhead of You :)

I'm looking to potentially buy a McLaren 650S in the future.  I'm just waiting for owners of them currently to start dumping them to buy the 720S.  I'm hoping that brings the prices down just a tad bit more.  Summer can't come sooner.   B)

• 7racer and choerizo like this
2014 Nissan GT-R :D 
Mods: FBO + Litchfield Suspension + Greddy Tranmission Cooler + AMS Race Intercooler + ETS 4" Titanium Exhaust + AP Racing Jhook rotors + Flex fuel kit + FORE Innovative + ECUTek Phase 5 + HRE 3 piece forged wheels with Titanium hardware
Best 60': 1.534 (R888 32psi)
Best ET: 10.247 Best MPH: 135.13

Other Rides:
2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus (Ara Blue Crystal)

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

http://jalopnik.com/...liga-1792633657

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,288 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
That is pretty.

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

buy.  it.  7.

• elf_cruiser likes this
2014 NISSAN GT-R
Racing Brake - HKS - GotBoost Performance - AMS

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

lol

In7anity!!

bpauto

bpauto

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 570 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13

Bob!

http://jalopnik.com/...to-s-1792867803

pe1rfzzvht8ts2w7qj3s.jpg

• 7racer likes this

gtrrforumsignature.jpg

213.745.6954 | sales@gt-rr.com                                                   
Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Do Luck, Varis, TOMMYKAIRA / Rowen, Voltex, JUN, ESPRIT, Top Racing, ZELE + More!

Nosferatu

Nosferatu

Stage 1 Member

• 185 posts
  • Joined 13-March 16
  • LocationAhead of You :)

looks awesome.  Can't wait to see the actual specifications and the dash board.  

http://jalopnik.com/...icti-1792851316

2014 Nissan GT-R :D 
Mods: FBO + Litchfield Suspension + Greddy Tranmission Cooler + AMS Race Intercooler + ETS 4" Titanium Exhaust + AP Racing Jhook rotors + Flex fuel kit + FORE Innovative + ECUTek Phase 5 + HRE 3 piece forged wheels with Titanium hardware
Best 60': 1.534 (R888 32psi)
Best ET: 10.247 Best MPH: 135.13

Other Rides:
2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus (Ara Blue Crystal)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users