Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Maca for 7

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,586 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Time for Trofeo Rs on findpeeds and a tune/exhaust!

Decz11

Decz11

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 27-April 18
Nice car 7

I have Had the pleasure of Tracking most of the relavent supercars the past few years.
• 16' GTR
• 16' GT3 RS
• 16' R8 v10
• 16' 488 GTB
• 14' 458 Italia
•16' Huracan 610-4
• 15' 650s

Of all of them i was most disapointed in the McLaren

The exit understeer from a poorly balanced chassis was so painful. The rear would have wayy too much drive grip that it would sit on its bum and just push the front end - typical in this chassis engine format if not tuned properly.
Re-setting the throttle would not fix it, forcing the car in mid corner with a sharp additional turn to try and get extra bite for rotation at apex would not work, the only half decent method was to float the rear into the apex and use throttle to counter steer, eliminating the the lack of rotation by well not rotating - hardly the fastest way around a track but ended up being fun.

But the lack of chassis was made up for the motor, pulled like a train, amazing bit of kit just a shame you couldnt use the motor earlier to stretch the legs on straights even more!

I sure hope they fixed the chassis issue in the 720s
  • 7racer likes this

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 753 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

POPULAR

7's car is beautiful - perfect MSO specs. There were a lot of fairly special cars (mid-90's F1, original Ford GT race spec, F Speciales, L Performantes, & new ZR1 ) lapping out there, but there was always a crowd taking pics of the 720s - particularly on Sunday when Cars & Coffee was held in the COTA parking lots, & those car nuts came over for viewing, hot lap ride-alongs, etc.

Though I didn't push it, the 720s felt quite well balanced (though optimistic right foot could overpower front grip mid-corner to exit), and acceleration/shifting is spectacular. I thought the steering felt a bit light, but I'm fairly used to the front end heavy GT-R on slicks. I think Trofeo Rs would comfortably put this car in the 2:17 lap range at COTA - that's GT4 race spec lap times; and, god-forbid slicks, yikes!

It felt much more planted and smooth than the 458, 488 & easily less understeery than the Huracan - though not driven a Performante, yet. It did like to be kept in the higher RPM range, keeping the turbos spooled.

7 - I'm fairly sure I saw >175 mph on speedo on back straight, & a tick over 150 mph on front straight - braking early on both. Was this when you were setting up track, so no logs - or were my eyes optimistic?

As always, was great to see you, and thanks again!

• 7racer, thehelix112, choerizo and 2 others like this

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,892 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Have you guys seen the latest season of Top Gear where Chris Harris tested the 720 and P1 back to back? 720 was only half a second slower on a 1:45 ish lap time. He called it a supercar bargain lol !!
  • 7racer and thehelix112 like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,531 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

7's car is beautiful - perfect MSO specs. There were a lot of fairly special cars (mid-90's F1, original Ford GT race spec, F Speciales, L Performantes, & new ZR1 ) lapping out there, but there was always a crowd taking pics of the 720s - particularly on Sunday when Cars & Coffee was held in the COTA parking lots, & those car nuts came over for viewing, hot lap ride-alongs, etc.

Though I didn't push it, the 720s felt quite well balanced (though optimistic right foot could overpower front grip mid-corner to exit), and acceleration/shifting is spectacular. I thought the steering felt a bit light, but I'm fairly used to the front end heavy GT-R on slicks. I think Trofeo Rs would comfortably put this car in the 2:17 lap range at COTA - that's GT4 race spec lap times; and, god-forbid slicks, yikes!

It felt much more planted and smooth than the 458, 488 & easily less understeery than the Huracan - though not driven a Performante, yet. It did like to be kept in the higher RPM range, keeping the turbos spooled.

7 - I'm fairly sure I saw >175 mph on speedo on back straight, & a tick over 150 mph on front straight - braking early on both. Was this when you were setting up track, so no logs - or were my eyes optimistic?

I dont know if I can git 175...but honestly only threshold braked like 1-2 times.  I think I had room, and the brakes had so much extra.  If I could have got Harry;s to work during the second session I think it would have given me something into the 170s...maybe LOL

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,531 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Nice car 7

I have Had the pleasure of Tracking most of the relavent supercars the past few years.
• 16' GTR
• 16' GT3 RS
• 16' R8 v10
• 16' 488 GTB
• 14' 458 Italia
•16' Huracan 610-4
• 15' 650s

Of all of them i was most disapointed in the McLaren

The exit understeer from a poorly balanced chassis was so painful. The rear would have wayy too much drive grip that it would sit on its bum and just push the front end - typical in this chassis engine format if not tuned properly.
Re-setting the throttle would not fix it, forcing the car in mid corner with a sharp additional turn to try and get extra bite for rotation at apex would not work, the only half decent method was to float the rear into the apex and use throttle to counter steer, eliminating the the lack of rotation by well not rotating - hardly the fastest way around a track but ended up being fun.

But the lack of chassis was made up for the motor, pulled like a train, amazing bit of kit just a shame you couldnt use the motor earlier to stretch the legs on straights even more!

I sure hope they fixed the chassis issue in the 720s

the 720s was understeering for me.  I just dropped the car off for post track inspection and they said that there was a track alignment that they could put on as well as the Trofeos.

When Forty two took the carousel and I was in the passenger seat we had one good run were the car was planted and fast.  Felt like a ton of g's going around!

• Decz11 likes this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,531 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

it was fun!  thanks for all the help!  Def need to do it again soon

• forty-two likes this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,531 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Have you guys seen the latest season of Top Gear where Chris Harris tested the 720 and P1 back to back? 720 was only half a second slower on a 1:45 ish lap time. He called it a supercar bargain lol !!

I did not.  Let me see if that got recorded

• elf_cruiser likes this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,110 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

I dont know if I can git 175...but honestly only threshold braked like 1-2 times. I think I had room, and the brakes had so much extra. If I could have got Harry;s to work during the second session I think it would have given me something into the 170s...maybe LOL

Fuck Harrys man. Get an aim.
  • 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,531 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Fuck Harrys man. Get an aim.

yep after it messed up again I decided to do it...just waiting for the solo 2 DL to be released.  It keeps getting delayed

• thehelix112 likes this

In7anity!!

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,586 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Need to get something that will work with motec in GTR ;)

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 753 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

7 going for a ride in the only US-based MSO 570S GT4 with one of the Track Rats:

IMG_7075.JPG

Edited by forty-two, 22 May 2018 - 03:12 PM.

• 7racer, thehelix112, choerizo and 1 other like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,892 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
MSO?

There are quite a few 570 GT4’s in the US that I’m aware of. It’s a shame they have to get hit with balance of power adjustments that hold back the car...

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 753 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

MSO?

There are quite a few 570 GT4’s in the US that I’m aware of. It’s a shame they have to get hit with balance of power adjustments that hold back the car...

McLaren Special Operations - only one that color. This one is at full power. Owner has Senna coming, and apparently Senna GTR.  :yikes:

• 7racer likes this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,892 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

McLaren Special Operations - only one that color. This one is at full power. Owner has Senna coming, and apparently Senna GTR. :yikes:

Ahh gotcha. Yeah if it’s not detuned then it’s closer to a GT3 spec huh?

I think the new GT4 class is pretty cool but it is a shame to have to detune factory cars to make them eligible. :/
  • 7racer likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,531 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

https://www.motoraut...st-drive-review

In7anity!!

Carmiwrx

Carmiwrx

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
  • LocationClarkesville, GA
Leg braces didn't stop Forrest Gump, either. Cool article and congrats on the 720S, 7!

Edited by Carmiwrx, 28 May 2018 - 10:42 AM.

• 7racer likes this
RIP: C. O, E. H., C.S-K.

I popped my motor after 4yrs and 8k miles which all of them were hard miles like a dude fucking his first piece of pussy after doing 5yrs in the joint. -Tim S.

GTR heritage - come get some!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,531 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

anyone want to buy my old Mclaren? :huh:

https://jalopnik.com...c-po-1828943793

• droptopp likes this

In7anity!!

Dsm_alpha