Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brypar billet uprights.....so it's happening

* * * * * 1 votes brypar uprights wider wheels

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

The r7 is a 40 treadwear. The ACR tyre is designed to behave like a 20 treadwear when hot. So based on 0 experience, and no expertise, yes.

lol 

the size I found for the R7 was a 345/30/19 about $491 a tire

the Kumho for the ACR is 355/30/19  is $359 at tire rack

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,584 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Wider, cheaper and softer (maybe) and still streetable all year in so Cal (and TX?). Hard to beat.

Dave
  • 7racer likes this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
will this be for DBA or CBA or will they be cross compatible? seeing that they both use a different geometry.? which Gtr did they get for the mock up?

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,066 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

will this be for DBA or CBA or will they be cross compatible? seeing that they both use a different geometry.? which Gtr did they get for the mock up?

Same part number my man. I installed a DBA upright on my CBA recently and it had the same casting numbers, all the CBA parts swapped onto it perfectly.

The lower control arms are different, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

they should be cross compatible.  The upright geometry should be the same, the insertion on the LCA is different IIRC

Edit, what Elf said.

I purchased the DBA arms and swapped them out.  I think I made a picture comparing them where the insertion is about 1inch more out board.

Edited by 7racer, 04 February 2017 - 10:17 PM.

• elf_cruiser likes this

In7anity!!

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
oh gotcha, thanks guys
  • elf_cruiser likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Wider, cheaper and softer (maybe) and still streetable all year in so Cal (and TX?). Hard to beat.

Dave

do you happen to know what size wheel the Viper runs?  19x14 for the Kuhmos??

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

just got these in my email this morning!!

test fitting, he thinks they can get more clearance than their model., but already looks good to me.

030.JPG 028.JPG

026.JPG 024.JPG

023.JPG 015.JPG

013.JPG

032.JPG

Edited by 7racer, 06 February 2017 - 01:05 PM.

• choerizo, elf_cruiser, tgkb278 and 1 other like this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

and a video to boot!

• choerizo and tgkb278 like this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

btw, Peter said that in the video, that's a 18x11 wheel 

he stated a 19 inch wheel would have more room to allow clearance for a 18x13 wheel.

19x13 shouldn't be a problem.  

:thumbsup:

In7anity!!

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 835 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
What about 20x12 wheel in the front?

Also what happened to the cooling duct?

Can you PM the expected price point and ETD for these 7?

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

What about 20x12 wheel in the front?

Also what happened to the cooling duct?

Can you PM the expected price point and ETD for these 7?

about the price point...it should be cheaper than what I paid (I'll let Peter chime in so I don't quote a price for a product I don't own), but if you ever meet me in person buy me a beer for the effort! ;)

this is just a model, to get fitment etc...he said he would work with me with the cooling duct ect.  He even mentioned having mounting points to give more flexibility to people to bolt in ducts.

I am not sure of the ETA.  I never try to worry about it otherwise it drives me batty.  I just like to see updates but will point Peter at this thread again.

20x12 should be a chip shot...no problem with fitment under stock fenders.

• thehelix112 likes this

In7anity!!

brypar

brypar

Stock

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 16-February 16

Hi guys, okay here to answer some questions.

A 19x13 wheel should fit if you allow an extra inch over what was pictured in the photos of the plastic model (18x11). We have adjusted the model to allow more clearance for an on both the inside and the outside of the upright although actual wheel offset on the trial car was unknown (owner did not build to current state). Coilovers must be run in order to have the right amount of clearance. We have allowed a little extra room for those who may run more camber than others.

The attached is the adjustment we have made just now. The red is the new version, the green being what we test fitted yesterday.

We will also add some mounting bosses for cooling plates to be added. We will offset these so it's easy to mount anything in aluminium, carbon or whatever without having disc clearance issues. Please note there is minimal clearance for discs with a larger offset due to the caliper mounting posts.

While Robert has paid for a one off set we can expect the price to come down if we do batches of 5. We are looking at under AUD $10K per set if we can do batch runs of 5. Anyone interested please contact alex@brypar.com

Attached Images

• red-new-green-old.png

• 7racer, choerizo and tgkb278 like this

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 835 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
That is a very nice but a very pricey item!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

That is a very nice but a very pricey item!

in billet!  I am going to try to spread the word to the UK forum too and Life.  They also have nice R34 uprights that I can show R35 owners their work and hopefully spur interest.

In7anity!!

brypar

brypar

Stock

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 16-February 16

What offset wheels do people run? We are looking to make sure we have clearance for an 18x13 wheel, although this does depend on the offset.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
:wavecry: 

What offset wheels do people run? We are looking to make sure we have clearance for an 18x13 wheel, although this does depend on the offset.

I think the only person that runs that size right now is ehyman as he had custom uprights made.

not counting on just the wheel but some of us would like to try run the Viper ACR 355/30/19 square. I think I can get it with my wide fenders and the upright (I hope)

oh and the USD is stronger than the AUD right now, but it still hurts.... :wavecry:

Edited by 7racer, 06 February 2017 - 05:52 PM.

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

just sent Ehyman a pm...hope he checks in!

In7anity!!

tgkb278

tgkb278

Stage 4 Member

• 416 posts
  • Joined 09-February 14
  • LocationBack to CA

I think the only person that runs that size right now is ehyman as he had custom uprights made.

not counting on just the wheel but some of us would like to try run the Viper ACR 355/30/19 square. I think I can get it with my wide fenders and the upright (I hope)

Want to try some 365/720R18 on a 18x14.5 wheel?

http://www.avonmotor...18-radial-slick

• 7racer and mikelmarion like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,584 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA

do you happen to know what size wheel the Viper runs?  19x14 for the Kuhmos??

19x13
  • 7racer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users