So Brypar contacted me a couple months back mentioning that they might have the opportunity to start on the GTR upright project mentioned so long ago.
Looks like the project is a go!!! and money sent (yes I took one for the team...no do not ask me the price).
But if we get this to work, maybe more can be sold to the community and give us road racers a option to run wider wheels without going to wide fenders.
The reason this came about was that they were able to move manufacturing in house to allow smaller projects like this. So WOOHOO! Finally!
Just a recap.
1. Peter mention the upright could be designed to fix any geometry issue with a circuit car with correcting the roll center due to having a lowered car.
2. Add adjustability built into a double shear steering point to dial any bump steer issues in or out.
3. Offer some kind of camber adjustment but in the GTR’s this would normally come via adjustable wishbones.
4. They want to provide an upper wishbone to allow some camber adjustment too (but most of use already run adjustable UCA).
and the two most important for me
5. design in cooling ducts so that air can be blown through the upright and around the bearing /through the disc from the centre (rather than just blowing a single disc face).
6. Allow wider tires to be run.
So this thread will be for updates and more importantly a crowdsource to make sure we get a product that everyone can use.
More specifically I think if we can come to a consensus on the brake cooling might be helpful.
If I remember right, the most "space" is on the back side of the rotor, but that would involve running the brake duct cooling around with a longer hose. I think it could fit on the front side but there are tons of stuff there. Also, I think if Brypar could form a duct there for us, maybe 3" standard? Would be helpful.
I was thinking more like this
vs this on the caliper