Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brypar billet uprights.....so it's happening

- - - - - brypar uprights wider wheels

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,064 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

POPULAR

email-signature.png

post-5194-0-40633900-1462237436.png

So Brypar contacted me a couple months back mentioning that they might have the opportunity to start on the GTR upright project mentioned so long ago.

http://www.gtrherita...ge-1?hl= brypar

Looks like the project is a go!!! and money sent (yes I took one for the team...no do not ask me the price).

But if we get this to work, maybe more can be sold to the community and give us road racers a option to run wider wheels without going to wide fenders.

The reason this came about was that they were able to move manufacturing in house to allow smaller projects like this. So WOOHOO! Finally!

Just a recap.

1. Peter mention the upright could be designed to fix any geometry issue with a circuit car with correcting the roll center due to having a lowered car.  

2. Add adjustability built into a double shear steering point to dial any bump steer issues in or out.
3. Offer some kind of camber adjustment but in the GTR’s this would normally come via adjustable wishbones. 

4. They want to provide an upper wishbone to allow some camber adjustment too (but most of use already run adjustable UCA).

and the two most important for me

5. design in cooling ducts so that air can be blown through the upright and around the bearing /through the disc from the centre (rather than just blowing a single disc face).

6. Allow wider tires to be run.

So this thread will be for updates and more importantly a crowdsource to make sure we get a product that everyone can use.

More specifically I think if we can come to a consensus on the brake cooling might be helpful.

If I remember right, the most "space" is on the back side of the rotor, but that would involve running the brake duct cooling around with a longer hose.  I think it could fit on the front side but there are tons of stuff there.  Also, I think if Brypar could form a duct there for us, maybe 3" standard?  Would be helpful.

Input?

I was thinking more like this

ctrp_0902_22_z race_car_brake_system brake_cooling_hose_bracket.jpg

vs this on the caliper

4711584412_d97dfbded5_b.jpg

• Tim, ian.r, icarus and 6 others like this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,064 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

oh forgot to add,

with the upright, Peter mentioned that you should be able to get 2" inboard on his upright!!!

that should easily allow me to run Hoosier 345 x19 square....and fit over my ST ceramic rotors and RB calipers.

• shawnhayes and choerizo like this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,819 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Woohoo! That's awesome dude! Let us know how you go. 2 full inches more inside will be amazing.

Any word on sway bar or coil over clearance?

An upright with integrated cooling duct onto the centre of the rotors would be amazing.

Dave

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,064 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Woohoo! That's awesome dude! Let us know how you go. 2 full inches more inside will be amazing.

Any word on sway bar or coil over clearance?

An upright with integrated cooling duct onto the centre of the rotors would be amazing.

Dave

to do the 2" you do need aftermarket coilovers which most of us track guys already run.  Just need to make sure of the min diameter for the coils.

I sent him pictures of my set up and you can see the space he would have to work with.

P1090195.jpg

• thehelix112 and bpauto like this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,819 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Perfect. Can't wait to see how much room you gain. With the wider top speed fenders you could run some serious width. 19x14 anyone?

tgkb278

tgkb278

Stage 4 Member

• 416 posts
  • Joined 09-February 14
  • LocationBack to CA
In for detail

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,633 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

POPULAR

2 full inches more inside will be amazing.

That's what she said

• Tim, icarus, Ancalagon and 4 others like this

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 701 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

So for those like me with SPL control arm and wider fender, there wont be a tangible benefit except for the cooling duct (assuming they integrate it)?

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,064 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

So for those like me with SPL control arm and wider fender, there wont be a tangible benefit except for the cooling duct (assuming they integrate it)?

I had the SPL (currently Topsecret control arms) and have wide fenders, but the benefit would be that I could run wider than the 20x11 I am running now.  Maybe even some of the crazy 345 square?

What size do you run now?

In7anity!!

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 701 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
I'm going to install 315 square R888R

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,819 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
345 has already been proven under stock fenders with modified uprights. Set your sights more baller 7!

Dave
  • 7racer likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,064 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

345 has already been proven under stock fenders with modified uprights. Set your sights more baller 7!

Dave

yea but running on carbon rims???  :D  B)

• thehelix112 likes this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,819 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Lol.  You got me there!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,064 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

http://timeattackbui...upright-brypar/

• choerizo likes this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,819 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Man I thought that was gunna be a write up on your build. You seriously should get in touch with motoiq (I can intro you to the owner Mike if you want) or dsport or something. Seriously crazy arse build.

Dave

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,064 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Man I thought that was gunna be a write up on your build. You seriously should get in touch with motoiq (I can intro you to the owner Mike if you want) or dsport or something. Seriously crazy arse build.

Dave

lol I don't think anyone is interested in a circuit car build...these crazy drag build grab more attention.

Mine is going to still look about the same...if I can figure a bit more aero for the front would be great (bpauto might have something) but will try a bit more mechanical grip with wider tires and going to Hoosier R7s....or Michelin slicks?

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,064 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Got an email from Peter that they will have a GT-R in on Monday and test fit the plastic models they have.

:thumbsup:

Edited by 7racer, 04 February 2017 - 06:06 PM.

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,819 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

lol I don't think anyone is interested in a circuit car build...these crazy drag build grab more attention.

Nonsense. Your build is undeniably badass no matter who you are and what you like. I'm gunna ask Mike if he wants to do a write up unless you're vehemently opposed?

Also yeah front aero will be the limiting factor I imagine. Serious fender and hood vents will help too.

I'm going to the ACR tyres when I get the brypar uprights, I imagine theyll be close to the R7s and a whole lot cheaper.
  • 7racer likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,064 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Nonsense. Your build is undeniably badass no matter who you are and what you like. I'm gunna ask Mike if he wants to do a write up unless you're vehemently opposed?

Also yeah front aero will be the limiting factor I imagine. Serious fender and hood vents will help too.

I'm going to the ACR tyres when I get the brypar uprights, I imagine theyll be close to the R7s and a whole lot cheaper.

you think they will be close to the R7s???

I'm deciding what tires are available and been texting forty-two on what slicks were available.

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,819 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
The r7 is a 40 treadwear. The ACR tyre is designed to behave like a 20 treadwear when hot. So based on 0 experience, and no expertise, yes.
  • 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users