Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Doug @ Weapons Grade Performance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

monsta121

monsta121

Stock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-January 17

Just wanted to share the great customer service and support I received from Doug at WPG. I have a 2013 FBO GT-R that was tuned on 93 and E-85 (mods done by previous owner). I wanted to run E-85 but wanted to switch to FlexFuel for safety reasons. I contacted the company that did the mods and current tune. I never even received a response from them for over a week for what the cost would be to do a FlexFuel setup!

During that time I decided to just buy a FlexFuel kit and install it myself. I had a question about the setup and Doug was one of the people that commented in the thread to help anwer my questions. I reached out to him about doing a tune and he responded almost immediately! He took the time to answer any questions I had before I decided to have him remote tune my car.

I installed the FlexFuel kit on a Friday night and Saturday morning Doug sent me out a base map. That entire weekend and into Monday we went back and forth with logs and revisions. No matter what time it was Doug always responded to my texts and sent revisions within a couple of hours, even on a Sunday! Car runs great and I couldnt be any happier with the tune. Even more than 2 weeks after doing the tune Doug still promptly answers any questions I have, which is awesome since some vendors become unresponseive once they've finished the tune.

Thanks Doug!

• Tim, Carmiwrx, Ian201 and 1 other like this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,542 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Thanks for the great review!
  • Tim and BAZ007 like this

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

ESRGTR

ESRGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15
Just bought some injectors from Doug. He was very easy to deal with & I received them 3 days after payment.

I will be doing business with him again.
  • Doug@WGP likes this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,542 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Thanks ESR!

Doug Ross
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

I'd have to agree that Doug @ WGP is a great guy!  I haven't even done any work with them yet but he was always so helpful when I had questions about work I was thinking about getting done to my car, He took phone calls from what sound like his home, (with a baby in the background, lol :) ) I thought that was very dedicated of him to take a call during his personal time.  He helped clear up any confusion or misconceptions about the car, being that I'm still very newbish regarding the GTR.  WGP will definitely be where I go to get work done on car once I'm ready!  Great Guy!

Jay

• Doug@WGP likes this

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Molten Silver (Sold)

2006 Subaru Impreza STi - Crystal Gray Metallic (Sold)
2016 Nissan GTR - Gun Metallic (Toy)
2015 Subaru Forester (Daily)
2017 Suberu Forester (Wifey's Daily)

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,542 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Thanks Jay!
  • JZeezGTR likes this

Doug Ross
Our Online Store

GDZ1LLAH

GDZ1LLAH

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 18-April 16

Let me add to the great reviews given to Doug and Adam of Weapons Grade Performance.  I bought my 15' GTR last March as a new leftover.  Except for an EXPEL Clear Wrap, Stillen Skid Plate and some window tints, she was 100% stock for a year.  I read a lot about the different mods and shops that work on GTR's and came to the conclusion that I wanted to do an FBO set-up with E-85.  I contacted Doug and had tons of questions.  Thank god for his patience because I am still asking him questions.  Doug is super responsive, an expert on the GTR, and since he did literally 100's of GTR FBO E-85 set-ups, I followed his suggestions on the right vendors for parts and specifications.  I was coming from Long Island and left my GTR with Adam at the WGP CT shop for the week since I wouldn't be able to get back there until the weekend.  Doug kept me up to speed when parts came in and the installation.  When I arrived back the next weekend, the car was ready as promised.  The last and final step was dyno tuning it all in.  After a few pulls on the dyno, it was evident that I had a tank of some crappie fuel.  Doug and Adam had the patience to drain out the bad fuel and fuel me up with e98 they had at the shop.  I think it would have been easy to give me the dyno-slip and send me on my way but these guys really take pride in their work and wanted my car to perform at a high level.  Man, the car performed!  Night and day difference.  My only question I am asking now is why did I wait so long?  Doug and Adam are good people.  Guys you can trust to do great work.  At the end of the day, thats the number 1 thing in my book.  I want to work with people I can trust to do great work. Highly recommend!

• 7racer, thehelix112, cmurder1019 and 1 other like this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,542 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Thanks for the great review!

Doug Ross
Our Online Store

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Let me add to the great reviews given to Doug and Adam of Weapons Grade Performance.  I bought my 15' GTR last March as a new leftover.  Except for an EXPEL Clear Wrap, Stillen Skid Plate and some window tints, she was 100% stock for a year.  I read a lot about the different mods and shops that work on GTR's and came to the conclusion that I wanted to do an FBO set-up with E-85.  I contacted Doug and had tons of questions.  Thank god for his patience because I am still asking him questions.  Doug is super responsive, an expert on the GTR, and since he did literally 100's of GTR FBO E-85 set-ups, I followed his suggestions on the right vendors for parts and specifications.  I was coming from Long Island and left my GTR with Adam at the WGP CT shop for the week since I wouldn't be able to get back there until the weekend.  Doug kept me up to speed when parts came in and the installation.  When I arrived back the next weekend, the car was ready as promised.  The last and final step was dyno tuning it all in.  After a few pulls on the dyno, it was evident that I had a tank of some crappie fuel.  Doug and Adam had the patience to drain out the bad fuel and fuel me up with e98 they had at the shop.  I think it would have been easy to give me the dyno-slip and send me on my way but these guys really take pride in their work and wanted my car to perform at a high level.  Man, the car performed!  Night and day difference.  My only question I am asking now is why did I wait so long?  Doug and Adam are good people.  Guys you can trust to do great work.  At the end of the day, thats the number 1 thing in my book.  I want to work with people I can trust to do great work. Highly recommend!

Its reviews like this that make me all tingly inside.  :)

• Doug@WGP likes this

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Molten Silver (Sold)

2006 Subaru Impreza STi - Crystal Gray Metallic (Sold)
2016 Nissan GTR - Gun Metallic (Toy)
2015 Subaru Forester (Daily)
2017 Suberu Forester (Wifey's Daily)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users