Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R35 NASA Super Touring Road Race Build

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,908 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

are you using a brake bias adjustment?

No sir. Factory brake system with AP front rotors and Carbotech pads - xp24 front (will probably go back to xp20’s) and xp12 rear.

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 755 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

After the race when they have cooled down I will bleed them in the paddock. Tons of air comes out of the rear and almost none from the front. So the fluid in the rear is boiling durung the race for sure. Also the rear calipers have turned dark brown while the front calipers are still pretty close to the factory color.

I plan on adding the Ti shims and the Stillen cooling ducts to the rear before we go to COTA in Sept.

I've not seen the rears overheat like yours, esp. rear calipers turning brown before the fronts. I wonder what's going on?

How long are your rear pads lasting vs. fronts? Off the top of my head, I think I replace the fronts 3x per 1 rear set (XP20/12 stagger). I'll check later and correct if different.

• 7racer and thehelix112 like this

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,908 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

I've not seen the rears overheat like yours, esp. rear calipers turning brown before the fronts. I wonder what's going on?

How long are your rear pads lasting vs. fronts? Off the top of my head, I think I replace the fronts 3x per 1 rear set (XP20/12 stagger). I'll check later and correct if different.

I did front cooling a long long time ago, and then added second ducts from bse last year. I think the dual front cooling is keeping things happy up there. I never had issues with heat in the rears until we started race group, pushing 10/10ths for 30 minute races.

I think your pad wear is similar to mine over the years. However, I tried the XP24 up front this year and they are lasting a lot longer than the XP20, probably double the life? I’m not sure I like them as well as the 20’s though, they need a lot of heat before they really bite.
  • forty-two and 7racer like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,595 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
You mind sharing pics of the front brake cooling setup?

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,908 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

You mind sharing pics of the front brake cooling setup?

PM bse if you want more info. He installed the second set of ducts on my car. My first setup was using the Revosport ducts and cutting up the factory lip to make them fit. That worked well but double ducts is much better!!
  • 7racer likes this

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 2 Member

• 225 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationJoplin, MO

I messaged them about it as I was curious as well:

"Sorry but I spent a lot of time making and testing this. I won’t post any photos. I only offer this as a install only product. No over the counter kit."

Which I respect but it never hurts to ask.

• elf_cruiser likes this

IG - NoCrustGTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users