Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bill Guthrie-Spray it Racing review

bill guthrie sprayitracing ecutek

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Autobacs

Autobacs

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 14-December 13

POPULAR

So I upgraded my build and had to switch to Bosch 2150 injectors as I now have 274 cams/springs to go with my HTA 3076 aftermarket manifold turbo kit.  I already knew that tuning the 2150's for pump gas was going to be challenging as I had them before when I was running stock manifold GT30's.  I had ended up switching to 1500's from the 2150's because of their low load drivability as I like running pump gas as much as possible and only switch to E85 during track events during summer.  Here is where Bill comes in.  I chose him among a few choices of ECUTEK tuners that I thought were excellent to tune my new setup.

Since starting 8 days ago, he's sent me 16 revisions just for my pump gas tune alone trying to get the drivability of the car as good as possible based on my setup. Not looking for it to be perfect but it's definitely close to being as good as it can be.  I enjoy my car just driving around even when not going fast so drivability is important to me. I've found him very knowledgeable, which is not a secret, and very patient to take the time to explain things regarding the car which I'm happy to learn and understand.  I have also found that he works on getting that tune better even when I have not specifically asked for it.  That tells me we're on the same page as far what  we are trying to accomplish tune wise with my car. I'm certainly happy with the progress of my tune so far with Bill and look forward to when we can get to tune for E85.  I most certainly recommend Bill to be one of the tuners you want to be on your short list for your tuning requirements.

• Tim, Bill@SiR, Doug3226 and 4 others like this

OMG RB 26

OMG RB 26

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 07-May 14
  • LocationPeoria, IL

Bill is top notch

He's helped me out in a jamb quite a few times

• Bill@SiR, KrieGTR and Autobacs like this

Andy - West Peoria Performance

Affordable GTR Modification, Fabrication, & Tuning

1990 300ZX w/RB26 - 770rwhp - 10.2 @ 143
2009 GTR - Self Built 3.8, Elite Plus, E85 - 8.8@160

KrieGTR

KrieGTR

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13
  • LocationSLC, UT
Bill has helped me so many times. Even when I felt some of my questions were rookie!
Wish I had more funds to give him even more business than I have. Until then, I'll continue to refer him.
  • Bill@SiR and Autobacs like this
09' SS GTR BPU

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,315 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

POPULAR

Bill is a clear asset to the community 

• Neil Switzer, Bill@SiR, Scuba_Steve and 3 others like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 442 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

Thanks for the kind words guys!

• Tim likes this

doctorspeed1

doctorspeed1

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Can't go wrong with Bill

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 943 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

I have to agree.  When you need Bill, he makes himself available.  He will spoil you. :)

• Scuba_Steve and earico like this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

Nosferatu

Nosferatu

Stage 1 Member

• 140 posts
  • Joined 13-March 16
  • LocationAhead of You :)

Agreed!  He put a solid tune on my car and almost a year later drives better than a stock car.  

• earico likes this
2014 Nissan GT-R :D 
Mods: FBO + Litchfield Suspension + Greddy Tranmission Cooler + AMS Race Intercooler + ETS 4" Titanium Exhaust + AP Racing Jhook rotors + Flex fuel kit + FORE Innovative + ECUTek Phase 5 + HRE 3 piece forged wheels with Titanium hardware
Best 60': 1.534 (R888 32psi)
Best ET: 10.247 Best MPH: 135.13

Other Rides:
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 - Manual - STOCK  B) 
2010 Chevrolet Corvette Supercharged - SOLD!!! - 650 RWHP (10.62 @ 136 MPH)  :angry: 

franzcars

franzcars

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Bill is great, worked with me when I was having issues starting our car and his tune is great, cant wait for the motor to be built in April so he can retune us to full power!

• 7racer and earico like this
2013 Premium Deep Blue Pearl with 285/35 PSS's front, 18"NT05R's rear, SIR USM's, HKS Upgraded Actuators, TiTek 90mm Downpipes, AAM Resonated Midpipe, GotBoost intakes, GotBoost SD kit, Visconti Flex Fuel, Bosch 2200's, Fore tripple pump with with twin 485's DIY hardwired, Ecutek Etune by Bill@SprayItRacing
Appearance: TSW Nurburing rear, Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn with quad backup lights, always on front DRLs, Diode Dynamics LED City, Trunk, Map and License Plate lights

530AWHP with a Cobb OTS stage 1 only
555AWHP with MP/tune from Linney
Best ET 10.52@128 with midpipe/tune/NT05R's
newsig_zpspvher7gb.jpg

earico

earico

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 461 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13
  • LocationSA TX

Bill is the man.

Sigpic_zpscobywhds.jpg
2012 BE GT-R - Built 3.8L / PTE-5858 CEA
Ecutek tuned by Bill @ SIR

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,885 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

The 3 times I managed to get stranded out on the road with a non-functioning car, Bill was my first call.  He got me going every time within minutes.  And it's important to point out that I wasn't even his customer, he was just helping to be a nice guy!

• Scuba_Steve, choerizo and KrieGTR like this
-Jeff

Biff_Malibu

Biff_Malibu

Stage 4 Member

• 613 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
  • LocationLos Angeles

The 3 times I managed to get stranded out on the road with a non-functioning car, Bill was my first call. He got me going every time within minutes. And it's important to point out that I wasn't even his customer, he was just helping to be a nice guy!

Bill goes above and beyond every time. Highest level of integrity.
  • Tim and 7racer like this

2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO

Fabshopmiami

Fabshopmiami

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 18-December 12

He's ok. :D

• Tim, alexo515 and jbl16 like this

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 365 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

• ian.r and jbl16 like this
"All around nice guy"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bill guthrie, sprayitracing, ecutek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users