Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New SiR Garrett Gen 2 Turbo Options

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,110 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Oh god Chris at SBD posted a link to your results in his facebook group and offered to have the same turbos made for anyone that wants them haha. 

WTF!!!! and i have no idea how people defend him

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 831 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
He has a link on the post to the SiR post here. So there is some acknowledgement to who's dyno chat it is

a9f872cb0bb8bc6ce0bf385c2ef4d7e4.jpg

Edited by BAZ007, 14 December 2016 - 04:10 PM.

• Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,110 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

was that blacked out before?

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 831 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

IDK. This is what he has on his website now though

Edited by BAZ007, 04 January 2017 - 02:29 PM.

JustinOlson

JustinOlson

Stock

• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 16-February 16

It was just a link to this thread when I saw it this AM.

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 3 Member

• 315 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

Just think of the traffic he is driving to this site..   :P

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium
Linney Tuning, SD Kit, EFR Turbos, AWD Controller, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails | Ecutek BT | ID1700x injectors | SBD Intakes

Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace | Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can

AMS built short block

2016 Mustang GT
Procharger Stage 2 | nGauge | Lund Tuning | Long Tube Headers

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

This car had an AMS Race intercooler, Stock heads, Stock Cams with my springs and retainers, AMS Downpipes, HKS Resonated Mid and Rear Exhaust.  It was on e70 fuel.  I did tune the car on pump gas to 805whp/650ish torque.  I dont like to run more than that on pump gas.  

What are you talking about Bill? TSM made 1120whp on pure pump 93 @ 28psi, and they will deliver it back to the customer that way untouched. How awesome is that!! 

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

franzcars

franzcars

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Cant wait to see the results for the new USM v2's, would love to put the new wheels when our motor is out to be built in April

Edited by franzcars, 14 December 2016 - 06:08 PM.

2013 Premium Deep Blue Pearl with 285/35 PSS's front, 18"NT05R's rear, SIR USM&#39;s, HKS Upgraded Actuators, TiTek 90mm Downpipes, AAM Resonated Midpipe, GotBoost intakes, GotBoost SD kit, Visconti Flex Fuel, Bosch 2200's, Fore tripple pump with with twin 485&#39;s DIY hardwired, Ecutek Etune by Bill@SprayItRacing
Appearance: TSW Nurburing rear, Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn with quad backup lights, always on front DRLs, Diode Dynamics LED City, Trunk, Map and License Plate lights

530AWHP with a Cobb OTS stage 1 only
555AWHP with MP/tune from Linney
Best ET 10.52@128 with midpipe/tune/NT05R's

Gone but never forgotten, Memorial Day 2017

New GTR
2009 SS Jack's Built ETS 3582R. From Motown to The Lou, and we're proud

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 457 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

What are you talking about Bill? TSM made 1120whp on pure pump 93 @ 28psi, and they will deliver it back to the customer that way untouched. How awesome is that!! 

Well that is up to them.  This type of stock manifold setup with its very small A/R ratios creates some back pressure, and that increases parastic loss.  So at a given pressure it will make less power.  The up side is faster spool.  

Typically on pump gas I like to limit it to 20-22psi of boost, and whatever the setup makes, it makes.  Can you run more boost? Sure.  But for 1. The margin for error goes down, and 2You are going to have to compromise timing and fuel to make it safe to a point that IMO does not justify the additional power.  Thinks like air temps go up, cylinder pressures go up.  And if fuel isnt changing.  Timing has to go down, or head gaskets go up!

Things that help on pump gas are, larger turbos (so they make more power at lower boost levels), Ported heads (again for the same reason), Typically LOWER displacement (on a turbo engine to shift the power-band to the right,as pump gas does not have an HP limitation, but it does have a cylinder pressure limit), Also things like optimized camshafts, intercooler effectiveness and compression can also drastically effect pump gas power.  

Cant wait to see the results for the new USM v2's, would love to put the new wheels when our motor is out to be built in April

It would just be a generation 2 compressor design.  As I hinted above it wont be a big improvement since only the 1 side is changed (and in a stock manifold setup the turbine wheel becomes a restriction faster due to the small size of the OE housing), and while a better compressor wheel is always a good thing.  I dont know how much it will translate into max power.  But the cost to me is the same, so its more of a why not type of situation.  

• Tim, 7racer and KrieGTR like this

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

POPULAR

That TSM car has zero in common with Bills car,  that was a big turbo car, with ported heads, and camshafts... again has nothing in common with a stock frame turbo car.

if you would like to rag on a stock frame turbo car that made decent power on pump you can rag on mine,  Mine made 950whp on 93 octane, but i also had Cams and Ported Heads and I am a 3.8l motor,  all things bill said above move the curve and allow more power.

I am 100% for exposing the wrongs that were done to you by a vendor/shop,  make a thread about it, at least that gives a vendor a chance to respond to it,  if you hide these pot shots in other threads you are just doing a disservice to the community as not everyone reads the forums as diligently as you or I.  

• UnaBomber, changster, haul s and 2 others like this

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

The biggest issue with this turbo is fitting it.  To make the big power you need the 1.21 AR exhaust housing.  (NO Way thats fitting on a stock manifold) and a 67mm turbo is pretty large. Thats for the 1500whp + guys.

Do you think the 1.21 A/R turbine housing will fit stock location without frame rail mod?

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

JustinOlson

JustinOlson

Stock

• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 16-February 16

I'm pretty sure ETS is working on a GTX3584RS setup as we speak on their base stock location kit. I bet we will see some results from this in the near future. 

• changster likes this

audioenvy

audioenvy

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 879 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12

Some damn good shit in this thread! Looking good, Bill.

• Buschur Racing likes this

someone

someone

Stage 2 Member

• 217 posts
  • Joined 06-September 15
Bill, which one would produce more HP and less TQ on 93oct. I ask because I would like to run 93oct only. I would like to get a turbo that gives me the most HP posible and that can be downtuned to 600TQ or less (to reduce risk of bending a stock rod).

2highpsi

2highpsi

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 858 posts
  • Joined 06-December 13
  • LocationCambridge, OH

Bill, which one would produce more HP and less TQ on 93oct. I ask because I would like to run 93oct only. I would like to get a turbo that gives me the most HP posible and that can be downtuned to 600TQ or less (to reduce risk of bending a stock rod).

HP is merely a calculation based on torque and RPM.  HP = Torque x RPM รท 5252

Given the formula, assuming a max torque of 600, you would be able to make 856hp @ 7500 RPM

Is that safe?  I don't know.  lol  But I would venture to guess you would want the larger variant (54mm) to even attempt it?

2014 Deep Blue Pearl Track Edition GT-R Alpha 10  #80 of 160

someone

someone

Stage 2 Member

• 217 posts
  • Joined 06-September 15
Sold on the gtx3071r
  • Bill@SiR likes this

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 457 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

Do you think the 1.21 A/R turbine housing will fit stock location without frame rail mod?

Considering the 1.03 AR Tial housing requires grinding the block, I dont have high hopes for the 1.21, but I have not tried

Pump gas power has a LOT of factors.  Again its about maximizing the power at a given boost level to make the most power.  Larger turbos help.  A GTX3071R Gen 2 on a stock enigne is probably as big as i would personally go.  

You can make a dyno graph with a flat 600tq to say 7000rpm (thats 799hp).  However to do that you are going to need boost in the 22-24psi range.  Now the next problem is for the dyno this is "Safe"  However to achieve that boost, the turbo speed will increase as the RPMS go up.  On a shift in the real world what you get is a torque spike, ESPECIALLY you rev it higher than 7000.  Next up is running that much boost on pump gas is a pretty big risk again with an engine of this size.  

These turbos do make very good power for the boost level and turbo response.  

If you want the "most" HP on a stock engine, then obviously putting the largest turbos you want on the car is the answer.   However with the additional lag the car will be SLOWER.  The highest average torque is what you want if you want the "quickest" setup.  Now turbo sizing becomes much more of a factor.  Running an Alpha 16 on a stock engine isnt the best plan.  But it will net you the highest dyno number.  

New turbos do not change the mechanical limitations of the car.  Those are the connecting rods and clutch in a stock car.  I like to keep the torque around 600 (this number CAN vary depending on HOW the torque comes on AND how the car shifts and torque spikes)  AND I prefer to keep a 7000rpm redline.  Both of those things can be gone over (600tq and 7000rpm), however IMO you are going into asking for trouble territory. 

I generally recommend staying with 20-21psi of boost, a good intercooler and depending on other supporting modifications Will net you in the 700hp range on 93 plusor minus.  A bigger turbo would be a plus.  

• Dan_585 and gtrviking like this

Steven

Steven

Stock

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 18-April 15
Bill, have you done any comparisons of the 3071 vs your current stage 3 turbos?

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 457 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

Bill, have you done any comparisons of the 3071 vs your current stage 3 turbos?

Yes I have done a GTX3071R vs my current stage 3 

As well as a Gen 2 vs Gen 2 GTX comparison.  

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,118 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Yes I have done a GTX3071R vs my current stage 3

As well as a Gen 2 vs Gen 2 GTX comparison.

And....?!
  • Tim likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users