Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Passenger occupancy sensor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,565 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Oh one last note in my case where I only put in the airbag360 unit to turn off the lights because of a fault you have to plug in the passenger seat belt to keep the light off whether someone is in the seat or not a minor inconvenience but still necessary.

For David and Colin,

I use these for the passenger and drivers when I am at the track and in my harnesses.

They can also pop open a cold bottle of beer after a track day! If you search on ebay you can find GT-R logos ones....at least there were when I bought these back in 2014

http://www.ebay.com/...ONYONpk&vxp=mtr
  • Colin8989 likes this

In7anity!!

David Buschur

David Buschur

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,232 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Do you need some airbags Dave? I have the side curtain airbags and the airbag controller brain out of my car if you need them. Free if you are developing a product for the community!

No I don't but thank you!

Agreed! Thanks 7 racer!

Also, dave, are you planning on making the resistor plug and play? I'm currently just using the 2.2 ohm resistors electrical taped in, but sometimes, it shakes loose.

The resistor didn't work in the 2014+ cars we've attempted to use them in.  The part I have is plug and play and works.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph.  Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

BRTech, text line.  You can text us with BR specific tech questions @ 440-652-5695

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

David Buschur

David Buschur

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,232 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

For David and Colin,

I use these for the passenger and drivers when I am at the track and in my harnesses.

They can also pop open a cold bottle of beer after a track day! If you search on ebay you can find GT-R logos ones....at least there were when I bought these back in 2014

http://www.ebay.com/...ONYONpk&vxp=mtr

Took me a minute to figure out what the hell that was!  I have harnesses in my car on the drivers side but have left the factory belts and I wear that on top of the harness actually.  I figure if I actually crash, that air bag coming out isn't a bad thing.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph.  Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

BRTech, text line.  You can text us with BR specific tech questions @ 440-652-5695

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

ntfsgtr

ntfsgtr

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 04-September 15

The resistor didn't work in the 2014+ cars we've attempted to use them in.  The part I have is plug and play and works.

I have a 2015, what resistor did you use to make it work? I have the 2.2ohm resistors and the POS but my light is still flashing. 

Colin8989

Colin8989

Stock

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 04-October 16
lol nice idea I'll look them up.

Dv8

Dv8

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 14-March 13

Take a paint stick break off only the length of the yellow connector and the resistor plugged in. Duct or Gaffer tape the stick to the bottom of the connector by wraping tape around. This creates a platform for the resistor. Now tape it around overlappting the previous tape. Done. Resistor wont come out.

~Dv8

• Scuba_Steve likes this

8/24/16 9.0 @159MPH | 12/19/13 994whp 895wtq Dynojet | 845whp 761wtq Mustang |186MPH 1/2 AAM900R

Black Obsidian GT-R Equilibrium Tuning Built, Manley Bottomend|AAM3582R|AAM RIC|Custom Midpipe|Stock Exhaust|Kelford B|SiR2k|Fore 3 Pump|

Jacks Trans Billet Drag950|EcuTek-Ronnie@RDE Tuned|RPM 8pt. cage| NHRA Licenced GTR 8.5

joedr

joedr

Stock

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 03-November 14

Tell me.

Hi Dv8,

Is that the same NSN-1 listed on airbag360 for the 370z?  It seems that it is the same for most Nissans.

BTW.... Mine is a 2009. 

Thanks in advance!

Dv8

Dv8

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 14-March 13

Hi Dv8,

Is that the same NSN-1 listed on airbag360 for the 370z?  It seems that it is the same for most Nissans.

BTW.... Mine is a 2009. 

Thanks in advance!

From the looks of it, Nissan/Infiniti all use the same unit.

~Dv8

8/24/16 9.0 @159MPH | 12/19/13 994whp 895wtq Dynojet | 845whp 761wtq Mustang |186MPH 1/2 AAM900R

Black Obsidian GT-R Equilibrium Tuning Built, Manley Bottomend|AAM3582R|AAM RIC|Custom Midpipe|Stock Exhaust|Kelford B|SiR2k|Fore 3 Pump|

Jacks Trans Billet Drag950|EcuTek-Ronnie@RDE Tuned|RPM 8pt. cage| NHRA Licenced GTR 8.5

Tay

Tay

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

I have a 2015, what resistor did you use to make it work? I have the 2.2ohm resistors and the POS but my light is still flashing. 

+1

I have a 2014 and the Works Bell U-Turn harness and the Airbag 360 is not getting rid of the flashing light. I also tried the diagnostic mode steps and no luck.

Any ideas?

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,565 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
Not sure, I remember when I was looking into this there was a gap when they changed the electronics of the POS. That's why you had to get it out of a similar car. Might have to do the same until Airbag 360 comes out with another one. You might want to email Airbag 360 to see if they know of a change and have a new one in the works

In7anity!!

Tay

Tay

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

Not sure, I remember when I was looking into this there was a gap when they changed the electronics of the POS. That's why you had to get it out of a similar car. Might have to do the same until Airbag 360 comes out with another one. You might want to email Airbag 360 to see if they know of a change and have a new one in the works

OK. Sounds good. Thanks Bob. 

• 7racer likes this

Dv8

Dv8

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 14-March 13

+1

I have a 2014 and the Works Bell U-Turn harness and the Airbag 360 is not getting rid of the flashing light. I also tried the diagnostic mode steps and no luck.

Any ideas?

both factory seats out?

You have two bell harnesses and 1 airbag 360 module? 

Tool I use to clear SRS/Airbag lights.

https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

~Dv8 

Tay

Tay

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

both factory seats out?

You have two bell harnesses and 1 airbag 360 module? 

Tool I use to clear SRS/Airbag lights.

https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

~Dv8 

Yes. Both factory seats are out and I installed two 2.2 ohm Works Bell in both sides and the Airbag 360 module. 

In this thread, member jima mentions using a 4.7 ohm resistor: http://www.gtrherita...ermarket-seats/

I also found this: http://www.ebay.com/...s&ul_noapp=true

And this: https://www.nengun.c...cpPgaAhVM8P8HAQ

Does that tool you posted usually do the trick?

Thanks Dv8.

Dv8

Dv8

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 14-March 13

Yes. Both factory seats are out and I installed two 2.2 ohm Works Bell in both sides and the Airbag 360 module. 

In this thread, member jima mentions using a 4.7 ohm resistor: http://www.gtrherita...ermarket-seats/

I also found this: http://www.ebay.com/...s&ul_noapp=true

And this: https://www.nengun.c...cpPgaAhVM8P8HAQ

Does that tool you posted usually do the trick?

Thanks Dv8.

i also use a 2.2 resistor off ebay. I have that scan tool to read/clear ecm/tcm/srs fault codes, not needed but makes diag easy for many different vehicles. if one of of the works or AB360 is bad then your going to get that light. can you do the process in which the system tells you where the fault is being reported from?

The gtr ever deployed its airbags, steering wheel, dash, seat side bag or curtain?

Tay

Tay

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

i also use a 2.2 resistor off ebay. I have that scan tool to read/clear ecm/tcm/srs fault codes, not needed but makes diag easy for many different vehicles. if one of of the works or AB360 is bad then your going to get that light. can you do the process in which the system tells you where the fault is being reported from?
The gtr ever deployed its airbags, steering wheel, dash, seat side bag or curtain?

No airbags have ever deployed.

The process you are referring to, does that require a tool or is it something else? I can have a friends stop by with his scanning tool to see if we can figure it out.

Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 21-March 13
  • LocationFountain, CO
I'm also having a problem getting rid of my gauge cluster airbag light. I have an 09 with 2 race seats. The airbag 360 got rid of the light near the cd slot. I also added these 2 resistors to the plugs under driver and passenger seat, http://m.ebay.co.uk/...113?_mwBanner=1

We did the airbag reset using the ignition on off on technique. It goes off but comes back on after driving a few minutes.

Any suggestions to get it to stay off?

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,565 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I'm also having a problem getting rid of my gauge cluster airbag light. I have an 09 with 2 race seats. The airbag 360 got rid of the light near the cd slot. I also added these 2 resistors to the plugs under driver and passenger seat, http://m.ebay.co.uk/...113?_mwBanner=1

We did the airbag reset using the ignition on off on technique. It goes off but comes back on after driving a few minutes.

steve, i have an 09 and those same connectors.  I would say to make sure the resisters have good contact.  I know when I spin out on the track the light tends to go back on (always assumed it was from the POS).

also, when you say it goes off.  Does it stay off completely until you drive it...after what distance does it go back on?  Does it seem like it when you hit/bump something?

• bpauto likes this

In7anity!!

bpauto

bpauto

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 532 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13

Seems like you followed all the correct steps, but there are two things you can double check:

1. Verify that the leads of the resistor are making proper contact with the contacts in the insides of the connectors. 

2. If you confirm that #1 is true, check to make sure the resistors aren't damaged in any way.

3. If #1 and #2 are verified, then check to make sure that you are correctly entering the airbag diagnostic mode. It can be confusing if you've never done it before due to the blink rate being ambiguous.

SigRevision23.jpg

213.745.6954 | sales@gt-rr.com                                                   
Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Do Luck, Varis, TOMMYKAIRA / Rowen, Voltex, JUN, ESPRIT, Top Racing, ZELE + More!

Dv8

Dv8

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 14-March 13

If the light doesnt go off(blinks) or goes off then back on, you need to:

#A manually enter diag and figure out what its reporting 

#B have it scanned by a tool thats able to scan SRS/Airbag systems < most scanners dont do this. One I posted does.

If an airbag light is on and not flashing, that means theres a hard fault in the SRS computer. Needs to be sent off and cleared.

~Dv8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users