Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Grand Tour Season 1 Thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

POPULAR

Hey guys, figured we should have a dedicated thread for this. Head over here to see what's going on with #DriveTribe,  Matt (MC) is the Nissan GT-R tribe leader and eager to share with everyone some exciting GT-R content. from what i gather DriveTribe is online car community started by Jeremy Clarkson Richard Hammond and James May for their NEW show that this thread is about, The Grand Tour.

Just aired today. anyone catch it yet?

So far it's close to what they had prior, but lots of differences (obviously?). so if you liked the old show this one will be as good or better. if you didn't like top gear, then give a few episodes a try and see if you like it.

just so you guys know if you want to keep from sharing a spoiler, use the tags [ spoiler ] spoiler links, pics, text goes here [ / spoiler ] 

^just remove the spaces in the tags [][]

[spoiler]spoiler stuff[/spoiler]

Speaking of spoilers, dont open this spoiler if you dont want to know the leaderboard for the first episode. Just so you know a Nissan GT-R is on that list, but it wasn't filmed or featured in this episode. for those that have seen the show already, what do you think about the way they started the leaderboard for the first ep?

Spoiler

any comments about the Porsche, Mclaren, Ferrari rivalry? its happening in this episode. What's your favorite and what did you take away from the show about them?   

The new death defying test track, in the shape of E***a, how sweet is the new track?

• 7racer, bpauto, Steve Theodore and 7 others like this

Steve Theodore

Steve Theodore

Stage 4 Member

• 444 posts
  • Joined 23-November 14
  • LocationNorth Bend, WA

The first episode was a good time indeed, the boys are definitely back!

But these [spoiler] tags are amazing!  I have never seen them before on any forum, and I'm a fan.  :)

Steve Theodore

2014 Nissan GT-R

- Kline Inconel grade 625 full exhaust, ForgeLine GA1R Open-Lug Cap wheels

2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

- SharkWerks exhaust bypass, lots of OEM goodness

1993.5 Toyota Supra TT hardtop

- TwinsTurbo build, BW EFR 7163 twins, 1175 whp

Nosferatu

Nosferatu

Stage 1 Member

• 174 posts
  • Joined 13-March 16
  • LocationAhead of You :)

that track is only sweet in name.  There's no "hammerhead" or crazy complex corners like the Top Gear Test Track.  It's a bunch of "point & shoots" just hit the apex of the turn and fire out of the corner at speed.

2014 Nissan GT-R :D 
Mods: FBO + Litchfield Suspension + Greddy Tranmission Cooler + AMS Race Intercooler + ETS 4" Titanium Exhaust + AP Racing Jhook rotors + Flex fuel kit + FORE Innovative + ECUTek Phase 5 + HRE 3 piece forged wheels with Titanium hardware
Best 60': 1.534 (R888 32psi)
Best ET: 10.247 Best MPH: 135.13

Other Rides:
2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus (Ara Blue Crystal)

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,184 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

Looks good in 4K!

jnklPg.png

GT-R Heritage MAKES AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

NICK YOUR A FUNNY FUCKER DUDE  :D   - TIM 2015 & 2016.  2 Years Running!

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 2 Member

• 228 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationJoplin, MO

I like it as I hated what Top Gear turned into with that other cast, I watched the first three episodes and just could not get into it so I stopped watching it.

This is my take on the episode:

Spoiler

But I enjoyed it and will continue to watch it, hopefully they'll keep getting better.

IG - NoCrustGTR

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,580 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
I liked it!!
  • Se7enGTR likes this

In7anity!!

Se7enGTR

Se7enGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-January 13

I liked it, too.

jima

jima

Stage 4 Member

• 1,129 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
  • LocationSouth Florida

the intro scene was nice, show was pretty good overall.. I think they took the trinity bit a longer than they should have, specially since most have already seen the harris video with the same exact cars in the same exact track about a year ago.. either way I like to see the boys back together. 

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 3 Member

• 315 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

Walked away very disappointed.  Besides the 2nd segment at the track, could have tossed away the entire rest of the show for me.

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium
Linney Tuning, SD Kit, EFR Turbos, AWD Controller, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails | Ecutek BT | ID1700x injectors | SBD Intakes

Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace | Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can

AMS built short block

2016 Mustang GT
Procharger Stage 2 | nGauge | Lund Tuning | Long Tube Headers

Steve Theodore

Steve Theodore

Stage 4 Member

• 444 posts
  • Joined 23-November 14
  • LocationNorth Bend, WA

Walked away very disappointed.  Besides the 2nd segment at the track, could have tossed away the entire rest of the show for me.

Were you a fan of the original Top Gear?

Steve Theodore

2014 Nissan GT-R

- Kline Inconel grade 625 full exhaust, ForgeLine GA1R Open-Lug Cap wheels

2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

- SharkWerks exhaust bypass, lots of OEM goodness

1993.5 Toyota Supra TT hardtop

- TwinsTurbo build, BW EFR 7163 twins, 1175 whp

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

same q? its basically the same thing as the original.

Se7enGTR

Se7enGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-January 13

I don't like the current Top Gear.  Too many presenters on one show.      

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 3 Member

• 315 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

Yes, but I found it to be Top Gear on an off day.  The 'gags' fell flat to me.  The celebrities dying.  US Air force versus RAF.  The entire point of that tent in the desert when all the segments were shot overseas.  Hoping the next episodes improve.

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium
Linney Tuning, SD Kit, EFR Turbos, AWD Controller, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails | Ecutek BT | ID1700x injectors | SBD Intakes

Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace | Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can

AMS built short block

2016 Mustang GT
Procharger Stage 2 | nGauge | Lund Tuning | Long Tube Headers

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
yea there was some of that but its entertainment and they were mocking the old tg. a bit funny for them but not everyone. I can see that. there's plenty more to go and they still have those episode's were they do challenges for the entire episode instead of car review stuff... or at least I hope so. my fav episodes are when they goto a diff country and have to purchase a car to get them through it, and some how piss off the government or its people and they go after them lol.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,580 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
Just watched episode 2!! Like it also! Is the reason there are no celebs because of the similarities it would have to Top gear? Regardless, someone please buy me the Aston Martin Vulcan or get me on the wait list for the AM RB 001!!!

In7anity!!

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,184 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

That AM RB 001 looks insane... 900kg?

Edited by NickTO, 25 November 2016 - 02:48 PM.

GT-R Heritage MAKES AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

NICK YOUR A FUNNY FUCKER DUDE  :D   - TIM 2015 & 2016.  2 Years Running!

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
well as far as I know the first show said they wouldn't have celebs in the first two episodes, guessing well have to wait for ep3 unless someone has confirmed this otherwise.

I'll watch ep2 sometime tonight, am rb 001, omg can't wait to see what I'm missing!

VR_power

VR_power

Stage 4 Member

• 1,009 posts
  • Joined 05-January 15

Just watched episode 2!! Like it also! Is the reason there are no celebs because of the similarities it would have to Top gear? Regardless, someone please buy me the Aston Martin Vulcan or get me on the wait list for the AM RB 001!!!

I always thought the celebrity interviews was the weakest part of the show. I don't miss it at all because it just felt like fill to make the show longer. I'd rather they spend the time testing the cars more extensively.
  • ian.r and Dan_585 like this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

I always thought the celebrity interviews was the weakest part of the show. I don't miss it at all because it just felt like fill to make the show longer. I'd rather they spend the time testing the cars more extensively.

i agree but some celebs were extremely worth watching too... they just didn't happen often. if they kill off a celeb every episode that would be fine with me, tho i would want to occasionally see guests in some capacity on a few episodes... legendary stars.

here's the leaderboard for ep2 featuring the Aston Martin Vulcan

Spoiler

What track did he say was faster than the Mclaren P1 by 9 sec?

oh the rest of the episode was very entertaining. the comedy and the action and the car bits. it had a bit of everything.

they are very good at being GOOD automotive journalist and entertainers that have BAD acting but make it very Funny and Extremely entertaining with the chemistry they have with each other. This brings me to a conclusion, i think this is why the top gear spin offs dont work, because... they mimic the old cast chemistry and hijinks... i don't think that's genuine or even what a different top gear cast should do to be entertaining.  Any new car show or top gear cast has to be "itself" with each other and be entertaining on their own, in their own fashion without the hijinks and rehashes of what they did on the old shows. Simply trying to copy something is not going to work for any other show that doesn't feature Jeremy and the boys. We have seen none of that to work so far, most of the spin offs have been canceled including the long standing show 5th gear.

5th gear had its own thing, its own cast, its own hijinks, its own personality revolving around automobiles. it was great but i found it lacked entertainment like the old top gear. It was more of an "in depth" review of their opinions based on the personalities they had, not some other shows personalities. i wish they didn't cancel 5th gear, but the point is that show lasted a very long time and some of the stars that were on 5th gear, were also on top gear at one point and visa versa. the one thing that stands out in the old top gear, the boys are real entertainment motoring journalists that write articles and do many other talented and entertaining journalism, old school too. when you stick 3 (or more) rando's who are good at one or two particular things set to copy a different "top of the class" sole, sweat and tears from another era it doesn't seem to work so well. i think after watching this new show i can see this very clearly, and hope future version of top gear and spin off's... take a new direction, finding out a show that is just as entertaining in their own likeness. 

I really want to see more car shows than just these 3 guys. there are lots of entertaining youtube channels. i think a combination of some of these could make big waves as the next big automotive show to feature its own thing. i enjoy watching Motor trends channel when they do the big events like best track car of the year. the cast works pretty damn well together and have such an awesome camera friendly race car driver that is entertaining, an awesome driver and extremely informative with technical track knowledge. id love to see this turn into a big time amazon, netflix, hulu, whatever show. some of those reviewers are very entertaining even tho they arnt some big dumb idiott that Jeromy is (if you know what i mean). what would you think of Randy Pobst as the host of any show or his own?

sorry for pondering and reminiscing. am i off the mark on my thoughts? 

LEHAZep

LEHAZep

Stock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-November 16
Всем привет! Ребят помогите найти фильм Ледокол 2016 года в нормальном качестве? Уже весь интернет обыскал и немогу найти. Заранее Всем спасибо)
  • fnsh1st likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users