Earlier this year, our wholesale customer and friend Fury Automotive from New York came to us looking to build a World-Class GT-R for SEMA 2016. Having experience creating quite a few popular SEMA cars in the past, the guys at Fury knew that we could help them achieve their goal. Almost immediately following the release at Tokyo Auto Salon 2016, the guys at Fury fell for the Kamikaze-R Version 2 "Super Sonic" aero kit from Varis.
As the North American importer and distributor of Varis parts, we worked with them to source the first production Kamikaze-R 2 Super Sonic kit for Fury's special build. The kit features front and rear wide fenders, wide side skirts, and vented front and rear bumpers. Fury also opted for Varis' Version 2 vented carbon fiber hood, and their new swan-neck carbon fiber GT Wing which includes a special trunk mounting base / reinforcement plate to help support the high amount of downforce supplied by the large, 1800mm wing plane.
With the desire for a very unique, world-class SEMA build, Fury consulted with us for one of our popular custom interiors. Real carbon fiber and personalized Recaro Japan seats give it a premium look and feel.
Not wanting to have a GT-R that only looked the part, the guys at Fury added an impressive list of performance parts, from power to suspension, including JCR's complete carbon fiber intake manifold, as well as our gold big throttle body kit, a collaboration with AT Power.
For suspension, the guys at Fury opted for Aragosta's Type-SA PnP coilover kit, a full coilover that retains the OEM damper setting switch's functionality. They also added on Aragosta's front air cup lifter system to help prevent any damage to the beautiful Varis carbon front racing diffuser.
- Varis Kamikaze-R 2 Super Sonic Complete Aero Kit
- Varis Cooling Bonnet Version 2, VSDC
- Varis Kamikaze 2 GT Wing with Mount Bracket, Swan Neck, 1800mm
- Varis Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid
- Top Secret Rear Caution LED
- Gloss White Vinyl Wrap
- JCR Carbon Fiber Intake Manifold
- AT Power x Bulletproof Automotive Gold Big Bore Throttle Body Set
- Gruppe-M Carbon Fiber Intake Set
- AMS Street Front Mount Intercooler
- Deatschwerks Twin Fuel Pumps
- HKS SSQV Blow-Off Valve Set
- Top Secret Japan Gold Coolant Reservoir Tank
- Top Secret Oil Catch Tank
- Armytrix Titanium Valvetronic Exhaust System
- Bulletproof Automotive Complete Custom Interior
- Recaro Japan SR-7 Seats with Custom Upholstery
- Bulletproof Automotive Carbon Fiber Interior
- Bulletproof Automotive Rear Seat Delete
- GT-RR Carbon Fiber Ultimate Spec Steering Wheel
- GT-RR Carbon Fiber Shifter Gate Surround
- GT-RR Carbon Fiber Parking Brake Handle
- GT-RR Carbon Fiber A/C Vent Surround
- GT-RR Carbon Fiber Navigation Surround
- GT-RR Carbon Fiber Subwoofer Face Plate
- GT-RR Carbon Fiber Center Console Set
Wheels and Tires:
- TE37 Ultra Bulletproof Exclusive Red 20x11 +15
- TE37 Ultra Bulletproof Exclusive Red 20x12 +20
- Toyo Proxes R888R Tires (Sizes: Front - 285/35ZR20; Rear - 315/30ZR20)
The car is currently on display in Las Vegas at SEMA as a feature in Toyo's "Tread Pass" area. We'd love to hear everyone's comments, and we'll continue to post up behind the scenes photos of the build process!