Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

8.14@170 Stock Frame? What? Huh? YEP!!!

- - - - - tsm tsm elite elite plus topspeed topspeed motorsports sheptrans one-k importfaceoff

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

Yesterday a couple us from here at TopSpeed along with Erik the owner of the black ELITE Plus car decided to head over to Montgomery Alabama for the Import Face Off event at Montgomery Motorsports Park.   We knew the air was going to be a bit better than it was in FL during the FL2K event so we wanted to see if we could best our 8.27 run even tho it was still the standing record.

My brothers car we changed a some launch strategy as well as some suspension parts for testing purposes and Erik’s car he put on a 15” tire vs. the 17s he had run previously so we were really excited to get out an play.   Taylor our tuner wasn’t with us this weekend as he had prior engagements so I knew going it we were going to have our hands full.  I’m decent with a lap top but I’m better at analyzing and brain storming than I am implementing … that’s why I have a bad ass like Taylor by my side most the time lol!

We only got 2 qualifiers and no test and tune due to the nature of a competitive one day event so there was for sure some pressure to get things right.   I was fighting my brothers car a bit with wheel speed limiters.  The car kept picking the front wheels off the ground and freaking out the Motec.  Good problem to  have but still a problem.   Between that and having an intercooler pipe pop off in the 4 runs I got I was only able to eek out a 8.33@166mph. Funny how fast things move isn’t it?  Three weeks ago that would have been a stock frame turbo record… today it’s like .. “man thats it?”  LMAO! 

The bell of the ball yesterday however was Erik’s ELITE Plus car!   Many of you know that Erik is a local Nissan tech to us.  He does 90% of his own work on the car but is still just as much a part of the TSM Family as anyone.  We don’t keep any secrets or anything from him he has access to anything we know or have learned over the years.  It is a great dynamic!  He has been testing our TSM ELITE turbo systems since we conceived the idea and has been a great asset to the project. 

Having never tuned a Cobb GT-R on slicks Taylor really nailed this one.   Erik did an amazing job behind the wheel and pretty much the stars aligned on the warm day in Alabama lol!   Erik ran three passes each one improving… 8.6 off the trailer… few adjustments to the tune and launch then an 8.5 gets cut!  We were getting excited as there was lots left on the table.

3rd and final pass of the day Erik lined up with some more umf off the hit ready to cut a time… a time non of us honestly expected to be quite this good! 

The car hit, sat, stuck and tore ass down the track!   8.14 @ 170mph!!! 

Hell Yes!  The bar is raised, New Record time for the stock frame ELITE Turbos. 

The things that the TSM ELITE customers have been able to achieve on these turbos is seriously humbling.  I would have never thought even with all the blood sweat and tears we put into these that they would be able to bring such amazing performance to the table for the community.   They have been tested more than any product should be and it is time to make the available to the public both for retail and wholesale customers.  

I couldn’t be more proud of Erik, his performance consultant Andres and my team who helped make the whole thing happen.  This is truly what the community and  industry is all about.  Helping one another enjoy our cars. 

Here is a kinda sub par little video I put together with the two cell phone videos I got … excuse the quality … I know it is bad :)

IFO-2_zps7v7veyj7.jpg

IFO-5_zpstszrclvd.jpg

IFO-4_zpsxksk26vz.jpg

My best slip form the day too for you guys

IFO-3_zpspxnnywmv.jpg

IFO-1_zpswedzi4sp.jpg

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 3 others like this

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.594 & 189.51

-Fastest Customer @ 7.70@180

-Fastest Stock Frame Turbo GT-R In the World @ 8.14@170

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 206.4 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 218MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
This class is so bad ass and this stock frame class is off the hook right now
Congrats Erik it's a hell of accomplishment!!
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 389 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13
Such a flawless run... squat...GO!

Nice work

Blade30

Blade30

Stage 1 Member

• 156 posts
  • Joined 19-July 14
More like +1300whp?

Edited by Blade30, 01 November 2016 - 02:07 AM.

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

More like +1300whp?

We haven't dynoed it all out... might be 1310-1330

~Cicio

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Awesome pass!

www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.  

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.

Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

Funny how fast things move isn’t it?  Three weeks ago that would have been a stock frame turbo record… today it’s like .. “man thats it?”  LMAO!

You nailed it right there.
-Jeff

ATL_GT-R

ATL_GT-R

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 689 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

Awesome pass.  These turbos really are something special.

C63s
Huracan Spyder
-------------------------
TSM l '10 Alpha12
'14 Midnight Opal

vegasgtr

vegasgtr

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 760 posts
  • Joined 12-December 12

so these are stock manifold turbos?  i don't get how you can shave so much material and it not crack. I mean back in the day the gt30 cartridge was right on the line of cracking with almost no material. that was making 850 on mustang dyno... how does one find more material to make 500whp..  are the 2012 manifolds thicker?  

• Tim and ghostrider like this

taking Kisco's Lunch money..

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

so these are stock manifold turbos?  i don't get how you can shave so much material and it not crack. I mean back in the day the gt30 cartridge was right on the line of cracking with almost no material. that was making 850 on mustang dyno... how does one find more material to make 500whp..  are the 2012 manifolds thicker?  

There is some welding involved to beef up some of the thinner cast areas... then some pretty proprietary processes that have taken us a lot of R&D to perfect.  

100% stock manifold and turbine housing. 

~Cicio

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

vegasgtr

vegasgtr

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 760 posts
  • Joined 12-December 12

There is some welding involved to beef up some of the thinner cast areas... then some pretty proprietary processes that have taken us a lot of R&D to perfect.  

100% stock manifold and turbine housing. 

ok, so some tricks to it  :). congrats a freaking 8.1 from a stock manifold is crazy. who would have thought.

taking Kisco's Lunch money..

supraman95

supraman95

Stock

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 12-May 16
No one ever. I had some nice stuff years ago and would have said this was impossible. Now after having my own elite car I am just shocked. It is beyond belief how they perform.

oneighty

oneighty

Stage 3 Member

• 309 posts
  • Joined 27-November 15
  • LocationHTX

Magic guys. The elites are made from magic.

• Tim likes this

2010 Super Silver Premium - Alpha 7
AMS tuned // M2K built // ID // ETS // HKS // Gotboost // SiR // Vivid // Volk // Vossen // Michelin // ReverseLogic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tsm, tsm elite, elite plus, topspeed, topspeed motorsports, sheptrans, one-k, importfaceoff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users