Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unabombers TSM Alpha16 Runs 7.90@178 at FL2K on 17s!!!

- - - - - topspeed motorsports sheptrans motecm1 motec fl2k tsm engine stroker sevens

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

As many of you know we have had great success with the AMS Alpha16 turbo kits.  While we have a few out there this car and customer have a special place in our hearts.  Brian is one of the longer standing TSM customers in the GT-R market.  We have lots of long term customers but he was one of the first.  We have seen him and his cars graduate through the ranks and have done so with lots of amazing memories. 

We went to FL2K this year with one goal and one goal only!  RUN 7s!!!!!   Not only that but we wanted to do it on a 17” tire and wheel setup that would fit with stock brakes.   Other than AMS in Omega I don’t know of anyone who has accomplished that goal.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong.  

As usual in Florida the air was not great for going fast.  Hurricane Matthew didn’t help at all with that either.  The humidity and temperatures were making the DA horrible.  Saturday was a learning experience with the track and air managing the right amount of power for the track.   My tuner Taylor and I were analyzing data we have from other tracks with other ambient temps and conditions to nail down our goal.  Every pass got faster and faster…. we had three rounds Saturday with the final one being an 8.06@178! 

Unabomber’s car weights a good 4000lbs so on a 17” tire it is no easy task to make the car 60’… The guys at FL2K and Bradenton Motorsports Park did a great job on the track though which gave us a fighting chance.  Sunday morning was first round of eliminations so Taylor and I determined where the time was to be had to the 330…..

I have to tell this little part of the story.  I talked to Brian and told him how important the first pass was and that was going to be tough…here is why.  The class we entered as in all classes at FL2K is a ProTree.  I’m not sure if any of you have ever tried to race a GT-R on a ProTree but it has a HUGE disadvantage.   There is simply not enough time for the car to build the desired boost/torque to come off the line with in the short time it takes the lights to drop.   So I had to tell him that IF he was going to get knocked out of eliminations the only way that was acceptable was if he ran a 7 second pass in the process :D

Well I’m happy to say he did timed it perfectly!  Not only did he run down the other car by the 1/8th but the boards lit up….. 7.90@178!!!!  HOLY CRAP!!  He didn’t just tickle a 7 second pass… he blasted into the sevens in style!   If any of you know Brian you will understand it when I say that I am extremely mad at myself that I didn’t put a GoPro inside the car for his reaction!   I’m not even sure how his 5pt harnesses held him in the car from cheering when he pulled back around!  What an amazing moment!  I live to watch moments like these out of my customers and staff!  So much determination and work go into going this fast and the passion that comes out of everyone at the peak of accomplishment is the biggest reward!

Just to put some icing on the cake the next round wasn’t too far away… so we quickly pulled the Motec data and reviewed it.  From the wheels speeds and 1.35 60’ time we could tell the track was going away, so we took a little bit out of the hit to see if we could better the pass at all.   Unfortunately the track was too far gone when we got back around to hook another solid front half but it was still enough to back up the seven with another 7.97@179

All in all we couldn’t have asked for a better weekend…. make sure and check out our other story from FL2K…..

TSM ELITE’S Taking the Stock Frame Record!!!  
Link:  
http://www.gtrherita...-record-827164/

I have to say a huge thanks to my guys!  I have such an amazing group of guys working for me and am so blessed!  They are not only talented but as passionate as they come to add to the mix.  I’m super proud of my brother for doing such a great job behind the wheel and trusting his older bro to build him a safe, trustworthy GT-R. 

Enjoy a couple pictures… feel free to ask any questions you may have about the setup or event.  

IMG_6510_zpspkr9dp6f.jpg

FullSizeRender-2_zpsxieuwa0g.jpg

1476122129541_zpsdo7suhc3.jpg

1476122348244_zpsrtl6zgbm.jpg

1476122275875_zpsojc6yxdj.jpg

1476122501975_zpsortyrona.jpg

1476122930156_zpsrdwk7egb.jpg

1476122983539_zpspg6cfmpe.jpg

• Tim, 7racer and ghostrider like this

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.37 & 198

-Fastest Customer @ 7.52@192

-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 225.9 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 219.5 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 218.3 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,095 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Happy for Brian he has been putting in work for a long time on multiple different builds and to have  7 sec street car is super bad ass

• Cicio@TSM and jima like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,110 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Fuck yeah. Congrats!

Remind us, what shocks are in this thing?

Dave

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Fuck yeah. Congrats!

Remind us, what shocks are in this thing?

Dave

Stock with KW Sleeves

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.37 & 198

-Fastest Customer @ 7.52@192

-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 225.9 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 219.5 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 218.3 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,110 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
So this thing could change wheels and hit the road course.

Not ideal obviously, but wow!

Dave

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: topspeed motorsports, sheptrans, motecm1, motec, fl2k, tsm engine, stroker, sevens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users