Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Damn it! 199.29 mph, the crappy recap of the weekend

- - - - - wannagofast buschur racing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

I love to learn things......I don't love learning them in the middle of trying to race however!

This weekend was quite a learning experience.  We took the GTR to the French Lick, Indiana WannaGOFAST​ 1/2 mile event.  I've ran two other 1/2 mile events before.  One in Nick's full bolt on GTR running 166.54 mph and then in my car last year in Georgia running 192.xx mph on the Xona Rotor​ Reds.

We took the car as it sits pictured here (with the exception of no slicks) the car ran 8.33@168.68 mph and then I drove it all over the place all week.  Full interior, full exhaust with muffler, local grocery store E80 in the tank. For this event I put the FFT 18" rear wheels with Nitto NT05R tires and the fronts were FFT 19" with Michelin Pilot Sports, same as I have been driving it around on the streets.  That was the first HUGE mistake, the car was literally all over the place in 1st, 2nd and then the first part of 3rd gear, zero traction. 

The weather conditions/elevation had to be exceptional, my boost is dead on here at all times, it was dialed in at 35.xx psi and doesn't ever need touched.  After two aborted runs I noticed the knock I was seeing was from the boost being nearly 39 psi and running off the last column in my timing map which was for 35 psi on E80.

I ended up taking all the boost out of 1st gear, cutting the WGDC by an additional 10%, dropping the air pressure way down in the tires and turning the traction control off completely so I could just pedal the car to try to get a clean pass.  After all that screwing around I ended up with a best pass of 199.29 mph, that pass I only lifted a total of 6 times to keep the car straight. 

For anyone making this type of power in a GTR, I'd HIGHLY recommend running nothing but a bad ass drag radial front and rear on the car.  That's how I had the car in Georgia and could actually launch it, rather than roll it out, back pedal to keep it straight and fight it the entire way.

I wanted one 200 mph run and this was going to be the end of the 1/2 mile stuff for me........well 199.29 isn't 200 and I'll be going back.  I won't speculate how fast it would have went....you call can do that.

With the 35 psi of boost and ambient temps around 75 degrees on my 199 mph pass, the air intake temps with our BFIC started at 102F and ended at 142 F.  That's damn incredible.

We are also running our four port Pro Billet Catch can on the car.  I forgot to check it after two drag events and the week of driving the car, so before the first run we drained it, I had a 16 oz coffee cup we drained it into, I had about 3/4" of oil in it.  So the can is doing the job, no oil vapor on the filter and it's keeping the intercooler and pipes clean.

Definitely looking forward to going back to another 1/2 mile event with the right tires on the car to see what it will actually do.  It was pretty stupid of me to be honest.

There are a few pics of the car this weekend and the MPH slip.  Also a short video clip to show  you guys how hard it was to keep the car straight in 1-3.  In the video here I nearly clipped the large green cones that had set up in the centerline and had to lift again to get the car straight enough to continue, this was a 198 mph run.

Attached Images

• IMG_3902.JPG
  • IMG_3903.JPG
  • FullSizeRender.jpg

• Tim, 7racer and VR_power like this
www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.
BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.
Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Charlie

Charlie

Stage 1 Member

• 154 posts
  • Joined 19-March 15
  • LocationIndianapolis

I was there also,saw your car!

At least you didn't push it past the green cones trying to reach 200mph!

I went down Sunday morning to get a few pics of that drop off and ravine the black Alpha12 car from Forged went into.

He's lucky to be alive,glad he's Ok

I only ran 159mph in the black brushed Alpha7 car.  :(

Couldn't  break 160

• Buschur Racing likes this

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

I was there also,saw your car!

At least you didn't push it past the green cones trying to reach 200mph!

I went down Sunday morning to get a few pics of that drop off and ravine the black Alpha12 car from Forged went into.

He's lucky to be alive,glad he's Ok

I only ran 159mph in the black brushed Alpha7 car.  :(

Couldn't  break 160

Yeah he wrecked right after we left Saturday, I had met him a few hours earlier, really nice guy.  I'm glad he's OK too!

• Charlie likes this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

POPULAR

you went faster than Riggs on your stock frame turbos :)

• Tim, Doug@WGP, KrieGTR and 2 others like this

VR_power

VR_power

Stage 4 Member

• 1,039 posts
  • Joined 05-January 15

I love to learn things......I don't love learning them in the middle of trying to race however!

This weekend was quite a learning experience. We took the GTR to the French Lick, Indiana WannaGOFAST​ 1/2 mile event. I've ran two other 1/2 mile events before. One in Nick's full bolt on GTR running 166.54 mph and then in my car last year in Georgia running 192.xx mph on the Xona Rotor​ Reds.

We took the car as it sits pictured here (with the exception of no slicks) the car ran 8.33@168.68 mph and then I drove it all over the place all week. Full interior, full exhaust with muffler, local grocery store E80 in the tank. For this event I put the FFT 18" rear wheels with Nitto NT05R tires and the fronts were FFT 19" with Michelin Pilot Sports, same as I have been driving it around on the streets. That was the first HUGE mistake, the car was literally all over the place in 1st, 2nd and then the first part of 3rd gear, zero traction.

The weather conditions/elevation had to be exceptional, my boost is dead on here at all times, it was dialed in at 35.xx psi and doesn't ever need touched. After two aborted runs I noticed the knock I was seeing was from the boost being nearly 39 psi and running off the last column in my timing map which was for 35 psi on E80.

I ended up taking all the boost out of 1st gear, cutting the WGDC by an additional 10%, dropping the air pressure way down in the tires and turning the traction control off completely so I could just pedal the car to try to get a clean pass. After all that screwing around I ended up with a best pass of 199.29 mph, that pass I only lifted a total of 6 times to keep the car straight.

For anyone making this type of power in a GTR, I'd HIGHLY recommend running nothing but a bad ass drag radial front and rear on the car. That's how I had the car in Georgia and could actually launch it, rather than roll it out, back pedal to keep it straight and fight it the entire way.

I wanted one 200 mph run and this was going to be the end of the 1/2 mile stuff for me........well 199.29 isn't 200 and I'll be going back. I won't speculate how fast it would have went....you call can do that.

With the 35 psi of boost and ambient temps around 75 degrees on my 199 mph pass, the air intake temps with our BFIC started at 102F and ended at 142 F. That's damn incredible.

We are also running our four port Pro Billet Catch can on the car. I forgot to check it after two drag events and the week of driving the car, so before the first run we drained it, I had a 16 oz coffee cup we drained it into, I had about 3/4" of oil in it. So the can is doing the job, no oil vapor on the filter and it's keeping the intercooler and pipes clean.

Definitely looking forward to going back to another 1/2 mile event with the right tires on the car to see what it will actually do. It was pretty stupid of me to be honest.

There are a few pics of the car this weekend and the MPH slip. Also a short video clip to show you guys how hard it was to keep the car straight in 1-3. In the video here I nearly clipped the large green cones that had set up in the centerline and had to lift again to get the car straight enough to continue, this was a 198 mph run.

https://www.youtube....h?v=POt7wdQk2sQ

Soooo close...200mph for sure when you iron out those little issues.

cjmatt

cjmatt

Stage 4 Member

• 462 posts
  • Joined 29-January 14
  • LocationDetroit
Dam n, should've taped off the grill and went for it

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio
Just looked at the logs again of my 199 pass. I fucked up the trans map. Shifted at 5600 into 4th, 6900 into 5th and 7200 into 6th.......
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

wspy

wspy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13
  • LocationJamaica WI

^ and therin lays the 0.71mph needed eh.... ;)

• Buschur Racing likes this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,819 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

^ and therin lays the 0.71mph needed eh.... ;)

Either that or maybe the new tow hook eyebolts weighed down the car ;). #trolling #notserious #closeenough #fast

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner / MoTec Calibrator
-Mainline Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 21B Ozick Dr, Durham, CT   West Coast Location 16726 146th St SE, Monroe, WA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wannagofast, buschur racing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users