Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Buschur Racing's GTR busts 1000 whp on stock turbofolds

- - - - - buschur racing sir cobb flex fuel bfic

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

POPULAR

I am FINALLY motivated, thank God.  Last year I was hitting it pretty hard with the car.  Over the winter we bought  piece of property that is very remote and I've spent most of my free time there this year working on getting it to a livable condition.  

Over the winter my GTR was taken apart after the 8.60@164.8 mph run last fall on a set of Xona Rotor Reds, stock turbo fold turbos.

While it was apart we did a fresh 3.8 liter short block, freshened up the BR ported cylinder heads, swapped the 264 cams to 272's, added our billet front differential housing and then I contact Bill at SIR to see if we could work together on some turbos.  The Xona Rotor Reds certainly served me well but I wanted something "different".  Bill agreed, I sent the turbo to him and he took my new Xona Rotor Reds apart, used the cast compressor cover and built some new 58mm inducer bore turbos for me.  

When the spring came and I drove the car it felt excellent, first pull on the street the car shut down a STFT had exceeded 120%.  I threw 30% more fuel to the VE table and gave it another hit, it pulled, I checked, everything looked good, called it a day.  I drove the car to dinner, ice cream stands and a few cruise in car shows.  I never dyno'd it.  I was busy with other projects.........

The car was set on 0% WGDC.  

We took the car to the Shootout, I kicked myself in the ass all weekend as nothing seemed to go well.  Pushed too hard in the corners on the autocross course, braking sucked from some other mods I had done, then the drag strip came up and it was RWD, then we lost a solenoid in the trans and I was fed up.  Jack and Kevin from Jacks Transmissions pulled my car into their trailer, dropped the valve body, repaired the solenoid, re-assembled it and I was ready for Friday.....NO CHARGE I might add and it had nothing to do with either of them, great company and guys to work with.

Next day, still RWD, seemed to be having an AWD controller issue.  FINALLY the last pass, with some programming from John Visconti to help me out, it hooked, bogged down and ran an 8.95 at 163.x mph.  

Flash forward, I got busy again, not that interested in running it, then started to think, "winter is coming, probably should do something to boost sales before the long cold slow down for winter."

Last Friday we returned to the track.  Still running 0% WGDC, which was giving me right at 30.xx psi.  First pass we clicked off a 8.491 at only 161.xx mph.  I wasn't too pleased.  I got greedy and started messing with the car and it was crowded, so I was making way too many changes at once and I know better.  So the 8.49 was the best pass of the night, I did accomplish getting my NHRA license testing all done though.

We got the car in here, swapped the street tires back and got it on the dyno today.  

First pull at 30 psi was 930 whp.  Best pull ever was about 910 at 33 psi previously on the old set up.  The VE table stayed perfect so it was a matter of a few extremely small timing adjustments and working the WGC table.

In the end, at 35.xx psi of boost, the car put down an incredible 1044 whp and 768 ft lbs.  I pulled the car to 8200 where it is still climbing at nearly a 45 degree angle!

I'm excited to get back out to the track now.  The car is up over 100 whp from where it was last week.  My goal has been 8.20's at 170 mph and with these numbers if I can get it down the track decent it should be more than achievable.  

Below are a few dyno sheets to show the progress of this project.

1st sheet is the current power level VS stock, 11.1 @ 122

2nd sheet is the current power level VS our BR140 kit which ran 10.1 @132

3rd sheet is the current power level VS the Xona Rotor Reds that ran 8.60 at 164.8

4th is the current power level by itself.   With 100 LESS HP than this chart shows it ran 8.491 at 161.

Attached Images

• IMG_3758.JPG
  • IMG_3759.JPG
  • IMG_3760.JPG
  • IMG_3761.JPG

• Tim, gtr34, Evolunchbox and 4 others like this
www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.
BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.
Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Turn your head sideways, they weren't like that when I posted them! haha

• awdtt likes this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,757 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Damm Davis Nice work ..hope you get your 8:20

• Buschur Racing likes this

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

• Tim, Evolunchbox, Dan_585 and 1 other like this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Evolunchbox

Evolunchbox

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 19-June 13
  • LocationPittsburgh

Nice job, brother! Praying for nice weather Friday and I'll be over with my car. Let's go make some passes!

• gtr34 and Buschur Racing like this

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Nice job, brother! Praying for nice weather Friday and I'll be over with my car. Let's go make some passes!

I'll get the car washed up and be ready!

• Evolunchbox likes this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,910 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

In the end, at 35.xx psi of boost, the car put down an incredible 1044 whp and 768 ft lbs.

I'm a little dizzy from holding my head sideways while analyzing all those graphs, but I think you are selling yourself a bit short. The video shows 1058 whp and 775 wtq.
-Jeff

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

Very cool.  

The Dynos look great.  Guess my +100hp estimate was a bit conservative! 

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Very cool.

The Dynos look great. Guess my +100hp estimate was a bit conservative!

Estimate was low! These are still gaining power with more boost too. Also power is still climbing hard at 8200.. I think this ole GTR may just run decent!
  • Evolunchbox likes this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OMG RB 26

OMG RB 26

Stage 4 Member

• 781 posts
  • Joined 07-May 14
  • LocationPeoria, IL

nice work!

2009 GTR - Self Built 3.8, Elite Plus, Self Built Trans (1K equivalent) E85  etc

1/4 Mile - 8.8@164mph

1/2 Mile - 201mph

nnas

nnas

Stage 1 Member

• 113 posts
  • Joined 21-March 16

that Vr38 starts to sound so exotic when it goes over 7000 rpms

GTR272

GTR272

Stock

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 13-August 15

What fuel system?

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

What fuel system?

The car has a twin 485 pump kit I built and intended to market, just haven't got around to it yet, stock lines, BR fuel rails, BR flex fuel kit and BR2150's.
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

VR_power

VR_power

Stage 4 Member

• 1,044 posts
  • Joined 05-January 15
1k on the BR dyno is going to move. That thing always seemed to read low figures compared to the times your car has done.

I see you managed a 1.2 60' is that still on 17" wheels? You have that launch dialed in great

Edited by VR_power, 30 September 2016 - 08:00 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buschur racing, sir, cobb, flex fuel, bfic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users