I am FINALLY motivated, thank God. Last year I was hitting it pretty hard with the car. Over the winter we bought piece of property that is very remote and I've spent most of my free time there this year working on getting it to a livable condition.
Over the winter my GTR was taken apart after the email@example.com mph run last fall on a set of Xona Rotor Reds, stock turbo fold turbos.
While it was apart we did a fresh 3.8 liter short block, freshened up the BR ported cylinder heads, swapped the 264 cams to 272's, added our billet front differential housing and then I contact Bill at SIR to see if we could work together on some turbos. The Xona Rotor Reds certainly served me well but I wanted something "different". Bill agreed, I sent the turbo to him and he took my new Xona Rotor Reds apart, used the cast compressor cover and built some new 58mm inducer bore turbos for me.
When the spring came and I drove the car it felt excellent, first pull on the street the car shut down a STFT had exceeded 120%. I threw 30% more fuel to the VE table and gave it another hit, it pulled, I checked, everything looked good, called it a day. I drove the car to dinner, ice cream stands and a few cruise in car shows. I never dyno'd it. I was busy with other projects.........
The car was set on 0% WGDC.
We took the car to the Shootout, I kicked myself in the ass all weekend as nothing seemed to go well. Pushed too hard in the corners on the autocross course, braking sucked from some other mods I had done, then the drag strip came up and it was RWD, then we lost a solenoid in the trans and I was fed up. Jack and Kevin from Jacks Transmissions pulled my car into their trailer, dropped the valve body, repaired the solenoid, re-assembled it and I was ready for Friday.....NO CHARGE I might add and it had nothing to do with either of them, great company and guys to work with.
Next day, still RWD, seemed to be having an AWD controller issue. FINALLY the last pass, with some programming from John Visconti to help me out, it hooked, bogged down and ran an 8.95 at 163.x mph.
Flash forward, I got busy again, not that interested in running it, then started to think, "winter is coming, probably should do something to boost sales before the long cold slow down for winter."
Last Friday we returned to the track. Still running 0% WGDC, which was giving me right at 30.xx psi. First pass we clicked off a 8.491 at only 161.xx mph. I wasn't too pleased. I got greedy and started messing with the car and it was crowded, so I was making way too many changes at once and I know better. So the 8.49 was the best pass of the night, I did accomplish getting my NHRA license testing all done though.
We got the car in here, swapped the street tires back and got it on the dyno today.
First pull at 30 psi was 930 whp. Best pull ever was about 910 at 33 psi previously on the old set up. The VE table stayed perfect so it was a matter of a few extremely small timing adjustments and working the WGC table.
In the end, at 35.xx psi of boost, the car put down an incredible 1044 whp and 768 ft lbs. I pulled the car to 8200 where it is still climbing at nearly a 45 degree angle!
I'm excited to get back out to the track now. The car is up over 100 whp from where it was last week. My goal has been 8.20's at 170 mph and with these numbers if I can get it down the track decent it should be more than achievable.
Below are a few dyno sheets to show the progress of this project.
1st sheet is the current power level VS stock, 11.1 @ 122
2nd sheet is the current power level VS our BR140 kit which ran 10.1 @132
3rd sheet is the current power level VS the Xona Rotor Reds that ran 8.60 at 164.8
4th is the current power level by itself. With 100 LESS HP than this chart shows it ran 8.491 at 161.