Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tesla 100kw Super Ludicrous

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,169 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York
They just keep pushing the envelope !! 7 can you get an upgrade

10 second X would be insane !!!

Tesla's new 100kWH battery makes Ludicrous Mode even more ludicrous

With a number of new upgrades announced today, Tesla's Model S is now the third-fastest car in the world, going from 0 to 60 MPH in just 2.5 seconds. That's only just slower than the Ferrari LaFerrari and the Porsche 918 Spyder — both million-dollar hypercars. The Model X goes faster too, from 0-60MPH in 2.9 seconds, down from 3.2 seconds.

The added speed is thanks to a long-rumored 100kWh battery option, available for order today in its Model S and Model X cars. The new battery, which includes an additional 10kWh of storage over the previous top-of-the-line model, will deliver 315 miles of EPA-estimated range in the Model S P100D version, up from 294 miles when equipped with the 90kWh battery, and an increase of around seven percent. The Model X P100D rates 289 miles, up from 250 miles. The battery will only be available in the performance, all-wheel-drive model with the Ludicrous Mode option.
  • Tim, 7racer, bpauto and 1 other like this
Cicio Performance billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, Zenith R turbos, Cicio wet sump oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid, down pipe, race FMIC, STM titanium axle back, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears, DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : more AMS motors than anyone I know - Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

bpauto

bpauto

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 570 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13

We've been hearing chatter from our friends inside Tesla for awhile now, so it's great to hear that their finally releasing the 100D. I still think electric / alternative energy cars are the future, which should be interesting as more sports cars progress in that direction (like the next GT-R).

gtrrforumsignature.jpg

213.745.6954 | sales@gt-rr.com                                                   
Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Do Luck, Varis, TOMMYKAIRA / Rowen, Voltex, JUN, ESPRIT, Top Racing, ZELE + More!

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

I read somewhere that newer delivered P90D cars were already clocking faster 0-60 times, possibly due to Tesla including the 100kwh battery without saying anything?

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner / MoTec Calibrator
-Mainline Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 21B Ozick Dr, Durham, CT   West Coast Location 16726 146th St SE, Monroe, WA

bpauto

bpauto

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 570 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13

I read somewhere that newer delivered P90D cars were already clocking faster 0-60 times, possibly due to Tesla including the 100kwh battery without saying anything?

Probably software changes, since the 100kWh battery packs are a $20K upgrade for current P90D owners (completely new battery pack, as opposed to the packs in the 85/90kWh cars).

• Doug@WGP likes this

gtrrforumsignature.jpg

Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Do Luck, Varis, TOMMYKAIRA / Rowen, Voltex, JUN, ESPRIT, Top Racing, ZELE + More!

PianoProdigy

PianoProdigy

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 489 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
Yeah, it seems insane to consider a $20k upgrade but my X was already $150k, what's another $20k, lol? The additional range would be a benefit for road trips. I'll probably wait until others upgrade and until the autosteer 2.0 upgrades come out and whether my car can be retrofit.
  • Tim, 7racer, bpauto and 1 other like this

ATL_GT-R

ATL_GT-R

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 702 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

It's cool but I would argue that there are a ton of cars for $150-170k that would make me much happier and serve the same purpose.

Raptor

D90
600LT
-------------------------
TSM l '10 Alpha12
'14 Midnight Opal

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
I would wait until the batteries degrade a bit more and the price of the upgrade goes down. then upgrade. but if you got the cash to spend then go for it.

just read about this this morning and it's pretty cool. 2.5-2.6 sec to 60 is gtr fast!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Yeah, it seems insane to consider a $20k upgrade but my X was already $150k, what's another $20k, lol? The additional range would be a benefit for road trips. I'll probably wait until others upgrade and until the autosteer 2.0 upgrades come out and whether my car can be retrofit.

I'm going to upgrade! LOL then upgrade when autopilot 2.0 comes out.

• bpauto likes this

In7anity!!

Crissy

Crissy

Stage 2 Member

• 245 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15

It's good to be 7!  

I do enjoy reading and seeing the fun you have though, makes me smile.     :)

• 7racer likes this

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,911 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOzarks

Makes me wonder what the other limits of the platform might be.  We know battery tech will keep advancing, but how close are we to hitting other issues when continuing to give it more and more juice?  At what point will the armatures overheat or the axles snap or the wiring melt or ??  Not really expecting concrete answers but surely (hopefully) there's got to be more to the future of car modding than just waiting for a better battery to be invented ;)

-Jeff

bpauto

bpauto

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 570 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13

Makes me wonder what the other limits of the platform might be.  We know battery tech will keep advancing, but how close are we to hitting other issues when continuing to give it more and more juice?  At what point will the armatures overheat or the axles snap or the wiring melt or ??  Not really expecting concrete answers but surely (hopefully) there's got to be more to the future of car modding than just waiting for a better battery to be invented ;)

Tesla essentially operates under the Japanese principle of Kaizen; they're constantly making revisions to their technology and production processes. Through our Tesla-focused business Unplugged Performance, we've gotten our hands on xxxx Model S cars and when you work on them, you can see firsthand, all the miniscule changes that they're constantly coming up with to incrementally improve the cars.

• HiBoost and Evolunchbox like this

gtrrforumsignature.jpg

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,066 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
I'm waiting for them to make the electric motors into the hubs. The center would be stationary and the housing would spin. Attach wheel to housing and voila - no more drivetrain parts...
  • 7racer likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 569 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

I'm waiting for them to make the electric motors into the hubs. The center would be stationary and the housing would spin. Attach wheel to housing and voila - no more drivetrain parts...

High unsprung and rotating mass, though.
  • elf_cruiser and nnas like this

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

nnas

nnas

Stage 1 Member

• 113 posts
  • Joined 21-March 16

As much as I dont like it, electric motors are clearly the future, I wonder if the next gen GTR will spawn a electrical tuning 

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
its suppose to. it will likely use the electric motors in an evolution of the already super heavy DBA chassis. the rumor is that the electric motors will be used for performance rather than fuel savings, so I assume it will be used for launch control.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,625 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA

Does anyone else sense a missed opporunity in that they didn't call the mode "plaid"?

Dave

bpauto

bpauto

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 570 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13

Does anyone else sense a missed opporunity in that they didn't call the mode "plaid"?

Dave

I'm honestly surprised that they didn't, especially given that's what they were going for with "Insane" and "Ludicrous" modes.

gtrrforumsignature.jpg

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
I'm actually hoping they did t use it because there will be something faster!!!

In7anity!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users