Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2010 SP Engineering Godzilla+ 1875hp 14k miles - FSBO NEW PRICE

gtr spe syvecs godzilla cranberry

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,110 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

The new price should get you some bites on the car.

• droptopp likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

Stock

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 13-July 16
  • LocationSouthern WI
I'd consider parting it out as well if anyone has any interest in the Godzilla turbos, Syvecs System, fuel system, intake, even the 4.1 short block I suppose. Let's talk.

Guido

Guido

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

I think it's a mistake to part this car out.  This is the type of car that you buy that is complete (less the parts you have mentioned).  If you start taking away parts, then a lot of people will lose interest.  This is a pretty complete car, and one of the fastest in the country.  The number of buyers is small, but I think you will have less if you start selling parts off the car.

But, let's see what everyone else says.

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

Stock

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 13-July 16
  • LocationSouthern WI
I agree. Just thought I'd put it out there.

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 3 Member

• 315 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

Best way to sell this car is fix it.  Replace the head gaskets.  Replace the Syvecs.  Complete the exhaust.  Video some dyno time and a few track runs.  You need to build interest and show this is a solid car to pull a good price.  This is either one of the fastest GT-Rs out there or a money pit - people just don't know and are valuing it accordingly. 

Also, I don't see this advertised on GTRLIFE or the private Facebook markets.  You are really limiting your potential buyers.

Edited by MMC Racing, 10 August 2016 - 07:05 AM.

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium
Linney Tuning, SD Kit, EFR Turbos, AWD Controller, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails | Ecutek BT | ID1700x injectors | SBD Intakes

Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace | Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can

AMS built short block

2016 Mustang GT
Procharger Stage 2 | nGauge | Lund Tuning | Long Tube Headers

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
why replace the syvecs? its one of the best ECU on the market next to motec. I wouldn't downgrade that. you can have extra sensors if it doesn't already have them to save your ass when it detects issues plus the advanced traction control etc.

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 3 Member

• 315 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

why replace the syvecs? its one of the best ECU on the market next to motec. I wouldn't downgrade that. you can have extra sensors if it doesn't already have them to save your ass when it detects issues plus the advanced traction control etc.

He said an important piece was missing.  I meant make it whole again.

• Dv8 likes this

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium
Linney Tuning, SD Kit, EFR Turbos, AWD Controller, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails | Ecutek BT | ID1700x injectors | SBD Intakes

Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace | Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can

AMS built short block

2016 Mustang GT
Procharger Stage 2 | nGauge | Lund Tuning | Long Tube Headers

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

Stock

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 13-July 16
  • LocationSouthern WI
Much appreciated feedback guys, thank you. That sounds like the way I will go.

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,277 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Warning : if you fix it and drive it, you want to sell it ;)
  • fnsh1st likes this
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei
Yeah nobody would want to buy a broken pos.

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

Guido

Guido

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

I missed the head gasket issue.  I agree, fix it and then sell it.  Unless you want a 1875 RWP car to drive. :)

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei
And fix it at a good reputable shop
  • Boostin Performance likes this

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

Dv8

Dv8

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 14-March 13

I also agree. Fix and sell. You jumped on a rare find and deserve the profits of such. No different than flipping a house with or without work done. You already seem to be ahead of the game.

Good luck.

~Dv8

• Tim likes this

4/28/18 8.81 @163MPH 

Changes Coming| NHRA Licenced GTR 8.5

alexo515

alexo515

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 23-October 13

I think you messed up by jumping the gun on the advertising.  I would have had this checked out and fixed whatever was wrong with it before even mentioning that you had it. 

Kim@Forged

Kim@Forged

Stock

• Vendors
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 09-June 16

I think you messed up by jumping the gun on the advertising.  I would have had this checked out and fixed whatever was wrong with it before even mentioning that you had it. 

I agree he should fix it before offering for sale. But, I think the transparency will work in his favor. 

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 3 Member

• 336 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Certainly no fault of the car.  The previous owner just made a poor career choice.

Good luck with the sale.  Great car built by a reputable shop.  I would have to agree.  Spend a small sum to bring it into working order and sell it in a running condition.

Yeah I looked him up.  I have no sympathy for drug dealers- he deserves every day of that sentence.  Lucky for you you were able tp pick up a gem.

RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,110 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

I would make sure to add a sensor that will trip the syvecs if it has another head gasket issue,just good insurance.

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

Stock

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 13-July 16
  • LocationSouthern WI
Thanks Tim, that makes sense.
  • Tim likes this

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

GranberryGodzilla4Sale

Stock

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 13-July 16
  • LocationSouthern WI
$95k
  • Tim likes this

oneighty

oneighty

Stage 3 Member

• 309 posts
  • Joined 27-November 15
  • LocationHTX

Interested in a trade on a similar car as is (2010 SS Alpha 7 + cash)? Car is and runs flawless.

But I do agree with what others are saying, generally speaking. At the least I'd have a quote from a reputable shop on what it would cost to get it back to 100%. And then either sell it like that, and let the owner take the risk, or do it yourself, test it, beat on it, set some times, and list the results. They you've gone from a gamble to I don't know, $140k+ type car. It will still be a tough sell cause the market is small but if you find the right buyer, they'll appreciate it.

2010 Super Silver Premium - Alpha 7
AMS tuned // M2K built // ID // ETS // HKS // Gotboost // SiR // Vivid // Volk // Vossen // Michelin // ReverseLogic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gtr, spe, syvecs, godzilla, cranberry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users