Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Changster's #2 and (hopefully) final build

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Changster - was curious why you didn't just add ice to the A2W versus going back to A2A with meth? Are you spraying the surface of the A2A or into the actual IC?

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,232 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

Changster - was curious why you didn't just add ice to the A2W versus going back to A2A with meth? Are you spraying the surface of the A2A or into the actual IC?

My custom A2W didn't perform well. Of course I had added ice to test/datalog. IATs still hit 85 degrees Celsius early 6th gear even with ice. Ice is also inconvenient. I had to have my friend with a Range Rover carry 200 pounds of ice in two coolers for me just to make 6-8 pulls.

It can also be because the overall efficiency of my intake system. My filters sit inside my engine bay and the initial IAT is 50 degrees C when ambient is 30.

So I'm getting 4" intakes routed outside the engine bay and the biggest A2A. Basically a traditional setup. I'm spraying water only, fogging to the face of the IC. Not inside the charge pipes for now. My tuner has done 1/2 mi cars with this setup and have seen datalogs of what the spray does to IATs. That's basically how I use my car on the street too - I like making pulls 0-190mph or so.
  • 7racer likes this

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ancalagon, jc_nz