Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Top Gear UK Season 23 discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,521 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

ive already posted this in the nsx thread, but here's a link to it here also...

https://vimeo.com/173302081

https://vimeo.com/173302081

password is gtrheritage

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,521 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

best news ever

http://www.autoblog....gear-departure/

Chris Evans' tumultuous run at the head of Top Gear is over. The radio host announced this morning, via Twitter, that he was stepping down less than 24 hours after the final episode of season 23 aired.
From the minute the BBC announced Evans as the replacement for ousted host Jeremy Clarkson, controversy swirled around Top Gear. It's difficult to scrape together what went wrong first, but that's only because nothing went right. From the word "go," there were problems. Reports of diva-like behavior behind-the-scenes, stories about frosty relationships with co-hosts, and rampant rumors that Evans regularly berated coworkers. One source went as far as saying the new host was behaving worse than Jeremy Clarkson.

-Stepping down from Top Gear. Gave it my best shot but sometimes that's not enough. The team are beyond brilliant, I wish them all the best.
— Chris Evans (@achrisevans) July 4, 2016

Even without the repeated controversies, Evans faced an uphill battle in the hearts and minds of Top Gear's fans. Comparisons to Jeremy Clarkson were inevitable, and when the show hit the air, Evans didn't stack up. Fans used to Clarkson's mannerisms, love of hyperbole, and on-point driving impressions got a shouty and exuberant host for several episodes before Evans settled down on camera. But Evans made several cracks about the old Top Gear as early as his first episode. Not only was he not what fans wanted, he decided to mock a version of the show that was still near and dear to most of his audience. That's no way to ingratiate yourself to fans.
Faced with plunging viewership figures, Evans was in a precarious position. He was expected to have a meeting later this month with BBC executives about his role on the show and behind-the-scenes behavior, but it looks like things didn't even get that far. We don't know if the BBC swung the axe, if Evans made the decision on his own, or what role Matt LeBlanc's alleged threat played, but despite the show's many problems this season, the only emotion we have over this story is sadness.
Evans finally hit his stride in season 23's final episode. Look for our review of episode six later today, but rest easy knowing that if you tune in tonight, you'll see a more tolerable and controlled Chris Evans. We'd like to see what Evans could have pulled off given more time, but it's worth noting the parallel here – when Jeremy Clarkson and Andy Wilman relaunched Top Gear in 2002, its original cast was Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and Jason Dawe. It wasn't until season two that James May joined up. With that in mind, we're even more excited about Top Gear's 24th season.

-Full steam ahead then with Radio 2, CarFest, Children In Need, 500 Words and whatever else we can dream up in the future.
— Chris Evans (@achrisevans) July 4, 2016

i dont get the many tweets praising Evans on TG, are these people are mental, fanboys?

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-36704528

• 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

Downey

Downey

Stage 2 Member

• 242 posts
  • Joined 24-February 15
  • LocationPipeline

http://www.radiotime...just-one-series

Slow n Stock BE

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,521 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
http://www.motortren...rris-gets-show/

Chris Harris gets his own show on BBC America.
  • 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,521 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

in other news not grand tour, yesterdays Top gear episode...

the guest was great and worked very well with the hosts.

What a woman Sabine is. i really enjoyed that segment a lot.

the volvo segment was great too lol.

MCGTRNISMO

MCGTRNISMO

Stage 3 Member

• 354 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14

yeah I actually really like this season 3 episodes in. they got the chemistry right with the 3 of them just matt chris and rory. new set is good and tone is  is more to the point this year too as it relies on its strengths like harris stlye review segments and mixes in just enough staged hijinx.  

I honestly like it better than grand tour.  that show started off fine but every interaction between the 3 of them feels forced now and some of the reoccurring segments got old really quick . the mike skinner part was the worst for me.  as I got closer to the end of the season I just didnt ever care anymore. it sort of lost that organic feel 

Edited by MCGTRNISMO, 22 March 2017 - 08:59 PM.

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,521 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

Todays episode

Ford GT with Matt - take my money. that thing is epic.

i hope they make a lot more of those or variants/upgrades of it.

rest of the show was great too.

it feels much better now. much much better than last season. its very different from top gear of past, but its next gen top gear now. i still enjoy grand tourer and all of the past top gear seasons.

Nosferatu

Nosferatu

Stage 1 Member

• 140 posts
  • Joined 13-March 16
  • LocationAhead of You :)

Agreed the show is enjoyable.  

They need less of the "guest star" and more Stig ripping these cars around the test track.  No Chiron on the test track?  No Ford GT on the test track?  WTF?

Otherwise show is enjoyable.  I like Chris Harris and Rory Reid.  Both are fun.  I don't miss the old guys much at this point at all.  

2014 Nissan GT-R :D 
Mods: FBO + Litchfield Suspension + Greddy Tranmission Cooler + AMS Race Intercooler + ETS 4" Titanium Exhaust + AP Racing Jhook rotors + Flex fuel kit + FORE Innovative + ECUTek Phase 5 + HRE 3 piece forged wheels with Titanium hardware
Best 60': 1.534 (R888 32psi)
Best ET: 10.247 Best MPH: 135.13

Other Rides:
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 - Manual - STOCK  B) 
2010 Chevrolet Corvette Supercharged - SOLD!!! - 650 RWHP (10.62 @ 136 MPH)  :angry: 

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,790 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I don't know if crave the new top gear as much as the old, but like the reshuffled cast much better and when Sabine is on!

also just watched the reviews the MB AMG GTR...fast!

• ian.r and thehelix112 like this

In7anity!!

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,521 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

So i saw on Extra Gear episode 6, Chris Harris drove a Nissan GT-R Nismo. Did they get a laptime for it? i dunno if i missed or forgot about it, or it just didnt happen yet?

• thehelix112 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users