Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Top Gear UK Season 23 discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

So what do you guys think of the new Top Gear?

i just got done watching ep1. going to watch ep2 soon.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,937 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

wondered when the thread would show up...

so far eh.  episode 2 was better...but why no Sabine Smitz and Chris Harris!!!

• ian.r likes this

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,644 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Chris Harris is on a spinoff show called Extra Gear. I haven't watched that one yet.

I agree ep2 was better than ep1 but not as good as the original cast. All in all at least it's some kind of car show with good music and cinematography, way better than nothing at all. I think everyone would love this show if there had never been a Clarkson version.
  • 7racer likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

Chris Harris is on a spinoff show called Extra Gear. I haven't watched that one yet.

i didnt know that, thanks!

here's ep1 that im starting to watch now. low quality versions

found ep2 also

found this too

Ben

Ben

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13

So what do you guys think of the new Top Gear?

i just got done watching ep1. going to watch ep2 soon.

i wanna Mclaren 675LT

• ian.r and 7racer like this

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 1 Member

• 140 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationKansas

Episode 1 seemed like a lot of forced funny bits as well as no real chemistry between the cast. I have about ten minutes left in the second episode right now. I'm not a fan, the cars are good but they only covered the F1 Long Tail for all about 55 seconds. What total garbage that was. Gives me something to have on in the background when I'm editing photos. 

All in all I think they are trying to hard. Also not a fan of the dirt portion on the track for the guests. Oh well, least they didn't make the Stig talk.

• ian.r likes this

IG - NoCrustGTR

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

Thoughts on Ep3? Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz are my favorite so far.

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 1 Member

• 140 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationKansas

I'm still not sold on the cast.

Though I enjoyed the shorter presenter segments. I doubt I will enjoy their long episodes like the original Top Gear specials whenever they try those.

Ken Block was a nice touch. Though would have been nice to see the F12 tdf go around the track. Even if Ferrari said no Jeremy Clarkson would have called them out on it, but these guys didn't mention it. Yet they begged for the P1 to go around their track. 

Kevin Hart was a good choice as the star in the middle section.

It seems like they are still trying to feel each other out as a cast. But the car content is good.

IG - NoCrustGTR

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,644 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
^ agreed. I think each episode is getting a little better, or maybe it's just growing on me. But either way it's a lot better than having no car shows at all...

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
I'll say one thing... Chris Evins needs to go. I can't watch one review of his. he is just not a premium reviewer. Chris Harris tho, way better reviewer and entertainment.
  • 7racer likes this

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 717 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

People not liking shouty man Chris Evans: http://jalopnik.com/...dium=socialflow

• 7racer likes this

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

that's good news. Rory is alright much better host/entertainment... but less knowledgeable and less mature (not less mature in the sense that Jeremy is tho).

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

so... any ep 4 impressions? 

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,726 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
If I wanna skip the bullshit and just see Harris, how do i do that?
  • ian.r and elf_cruiser like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,937 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I stopped watching

• Dan_585 likes this

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,644 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

If I wanna skip the bullshit and just see Harris, how do i do that?

Youtube
And I agree completely

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

Ep 5? getting better? the Evans review on the Rolls with Matt was actually decent because he's passionate for the car, being that its his. Matt did well too. i enjoyed the skit. Whenever Evans interacts with people tho, its a different story.

In the news...

https://www.thesun.c...s-star-leblanc/

I have to say i see it as Matt does. Evans is just uncomfortable most of the time with everyone else. sure they say the rest of the cast are not meshing well either, but nothing some team building can help.  if the bbc continue with Evans instead of Matt, the cast may eventually get along with time, or they will never get along and then the ratings will plummet. maybe they will keep them both and compromise some how. Matt would be the idea guy between the two, he just needs to act a bit more like the salesmen he was in ep5 with convincing the baseball teams the newer one was better. he should also always wear a suit just like in this ep too, as it fits him well, and would solidify him as the lead.

Looks like Evans is reacting pretty badly to the cast probably because of his poor reviews.

• thetastelingers likes this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
another article.
http://www.telegraph...anning-to-quit/

I'll have to watch the new absolutely fabulous movie they mentioned. the TV series was excellent.

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
in other news top gear USA cancelled. I haven't watched more than 4 episodes of that crap. surprised it didn't happen sooner.

http://www.roadandtr...tory-cancelled/
  • 7racer and thetastelingers like this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

any thoughts on Ep 6? the acura accord, i mean NSX is being reviewed by Chris Harris. i wonder how much this group is tied to advertising vs reality.

ill be watching it some time today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users