Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DSC / Tractive electronic shocks / controller.

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

NSMO

NSMO

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 05-May 16
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Just looking at the DSC setup but for my use(hard street/touring and a couple of track outings a year) I don't need to spend hours going over the data or testing different settings. What I really want is some baseline maps/modes that I just use all the time. Do they come with some files like this or are you on your own from the get go?

2012 R35 650wk@4 wheels

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,803 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

Just looking at the DSC setup but for my use(hard street/touring and a couple of track outings a year) I don't need to spend hours going over the data or testing different settings. What I really want is some baseline maps/modes that I just use all the time. Do they come with some files like this or are you on your own from the get go?

Works out of box for OEM suspension.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,613 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Mine just got here. Installation coming soon!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,613 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
92d183f52d3237ea76c9996352abe161.jpg
  • NSMO likes this

NSMO

NSMO

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 05-May 16
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

How did they go?

2012 R35 650wk@4 wheels

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,613 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Got them installed: http://www.gtrherita...build/?p=147239

Only taken them on a single drive so far through a local canyon as when I got back saw I'd ripped a CV boot reinstalling them.  Almost finished replacing that.  So caveat, limited seat time on the new setup, second caveat, I'm not the world's best driver.

They were pretty great.  The range of adjustability is much more than stock.  On the comfort setting the car wafts and bounces down the road like a barge.  In R mode I was hard pushed to upset the chassis at all.  The canyon has some nice variation in turns, camber, elevation changes blah blah, and one particular section that would constantly upset the car previously, it's a tight left then dips, up a small blind crest that is immediately into a tight right harder the car was suuuuper stable.  I braked very late for the left and previously had to wait for the car to kinda spring back to get around the right hander, not this time.  Chassis stayed way flatter (both laterally and longitudinally) and was a _lot_ more confidence inspiring.

Hopefully headed back to track soon to see how they do on circuit, but some way more serious track rats than I speak highly of them too.

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users