Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DSC / Tractive electronic shocks / controller.

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Tractive Suspension

Tractive Suspension

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 10-April 16

POPULAR

Thanks that helped a lot. 7racer has the HVT option 3 which allows him to make changes on the fly which is nice for us amateurs trying to dial the car in on the fly.

Do you have any cars in the US running option 2 yet? Would love to hear some feedback from users on this. If not I am sure we could get a few folks here with different years (CBA Vs DBA) to try it out.

Yes, I know that this remote control comes in handy. The downside is that the "HVT" option "only" makes use of an integrated 3 axis axelerometer and "only" has 5 levels. "Only" meaning this is already so much more than stock (continuous damping control, front and rear axis seperately adjustable, roll and pitch-dive assistance, much larger damping range which can be used dynamically).  "Only" also meaning it is less than the possible inputs DSC control module uses or can use.

Option 2? I leave that question to the DSC sport staff. We have plenty of customers of option 1 and option 3, which is logical because that is how we started with nissan GTR about 3 yrs ago. Most of those customers are outside USA though. but that maybe also answers the question on maturity of the shock tehnology. I think our first Nissan GTR sets date from about 2,5-3 yrs ago and there must be around 100 sets driving around in different countries under different labels. The valve technology is on the market since 2011 and still quite innovative, but it certainly is not an adventurous Enterprise ;-)  And the DSC sport control box has also been tested in nissan GTR by DSC sport (see post from Tom Chan) . As shock absorber developer and manufacturing company we actively promote option 2 and 4 because that is the way to go: using all the data your car has anyway and now just is not being used to its full extent to control the shocks. Option 2 is already a large leap in functionality, option 4 is for when you as driver feel you reach the limitations of the stock shocks because the stock shocks are not fast or stable enough. Within Option 4 there is RT and RTX, but I hope that is all clear now.

Tom

• Tim, 7racer, Tata and 2 others like this

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,662 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Thanks! I definitely would like to try option 2
  • choerizo likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
Love this thread. Great info!!!

Hey Tractive. There is a LARGE group of hardcore 1000hp-1700hp drag racers and the problem is the suspension tends to be pretty specialized. HVT mention long ago about a drag set up. Would that be necessary with option 2-4?
  • Tim and mikelmarion like this

In7anity!!

Tata

Tata

Stock

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 04-April 15
  • LocationEastern Europe
Hi,

Any update on this subject?

There is no info on Tractive www about this GT-R shocks???

Are they purchasable? How? When?
What about warranty? Are they rebuildable like Ohlins?

Who sells the DSC Sport controller and TTX coilovers set ? Tractive or DSC Sport?

Thanks anyone for update !

Edited by Tata, 14 August 2016 - 09:06 PM.

• 7racer likes this

Tractive Suspension

Tractive Suspension

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 10-April 16

Hello Tata,

A lot of questions in one post ;-)

We are not selling directly. We developed the kit together with DSCsport. Shock absorbers, springs, top mounts and control units are all in stock at DSCsport.  I ll have you contacted by DSCsport. 

The shock absorbers are of course completely serviceable. Aluminium light weight body, ride height adjustable, with or without additional reservoir with or without compression adjusters.

Tom Glazemakers

• ian.r, 7racer, thehelix112 and 1 other like this

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei
Any updates on this Ehyman? Did you get it installed?

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,584 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA

Any updates on this Ehyman? Did you get it installed?

http://www.gtrherita...-goodies/page-2

He's been running then for a while i think.

I'm also keen to hear updates though!

Dave
  • changster likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,584 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Another question for the tractive and dsc folks, can the gtr dampers come with a front lift setup? Activated say by a quick double up press on the suspension toggle and automatically lowering when the speed goes over say 10mph?

Dave

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Another question for the tractive and dsc folks, can the gtr dampers come with a front lift setup? Activated say by a quick double up press on the suspension toggle and automatically lowering when the speed goes over say 10mph?

Dave

no, the tractive essentially changes the valving but can't lower or raise the car.  There was a post on the tractive site where you can add the lifts to it that would do that...but I don't think you can make it speed dependent, unless it's in software that Ehyman has.

In7anity!!

Tractive Suspension

Tractive Suspension

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 10-April 16

Hello all,

No, at this moment we do not supply a lift kit for the Nissan GTR. In cooperation with DSCsport we do supply an automatic active lift kit with the requested functionality and controlled by the DSCsport control module (above certain speed automatic lowering etc). This has been devoped for all applications with Tractive inverted struts. Helas the Nissan GTR does not have inverted struts as shock absorber principle.

Technically it would be possible to develop a unit that can do this function, controlled by the DSCsport module. This is at this moment not yet planned. Such a unit could be applied to the Tractive front shock absorbers as an upgrade.

Maybe the right time and place to inform you all that next week DSCsport and Tractive Suspension will have a booth at the AutoSport International show in Birmingham during the trade days 12th and 13th january for trade visitors. If visiting one of these days and interested, please visit our booth E1084. Let me know on info@tractivesuspension.com. Thank you.

Best regards

Tom Glazemakers

Tractive Suspension

• thehelix112 likes this

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13

DSC Sport just released the lift kit on Tractive coilovers for the Porsche. I'll bet they can do it for the GTR too. They released it at PRI.

Tractive Suspension

Tractive Suspension

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 10-April 16

Hello

DSC Sport just released the lift kit on Tractive coilovers for the Porsche. I'll bet they can do it for the GTR too. They released it at PRI.

That is exactly what I meant. It was released at PRI show. It works on all inverted strut type of shocks. But helas not (yet) on Nissan GTR type of shocks.

See link below to check how an inverted strut looks like.

https://www.facebook...7528937/?type=3

Tom

• changster and thehelix112 like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,584 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Hello all,

No, at this moment we do not supply a lift kit for the Nissan GTR. In cooperation with DSCsport we do supply an automatic active lift kit with the requested functionality and controlled by the DSCsport control module (above certain speed automatic lowering etc). This has been devoped for all applications with Tractive inverted struts. Helas the Nissan GTR does not have inverted struts as shock absorber principle.

Technically it would be possible to develop a unit that can do this function, controlled by the DSCsport module. This is at this moment not yet planned. Such a unit could be applied to the Tractive front shock absorbers as an upgrade.

Maybe the right time and place to inform you all that next week DSCsport and Tractive Suspension will have a booth at the AutoSport International show in Birmingham during the trade days 12th and 13th january for trade visitors. If visiting one of these days and interested, please visit our booth E1084. Let me know on info@tractivesuspension.com. Thank you.

Best regards

Tom Glazemakers

Tractive Suspension

Thanks for the quick reply Tom.  I'd missed that the Porsche units are inverted, makes sense.

When you say could be applied as an upgrade... do you mean that if I bought the dampers right now I could send them back and have them upgraded with a front lift kit if/when one became available?  Or would it be a case of buy a whole new pair of fronts?

Thanks,

Dave

• fnsh1st likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,584 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Still wondering Tom. Will email you.

Dave

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,584 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Heard back from Tom:

Hello Dave,

We do not have anything ready yet. But whatever we develop, will fit on our shocks, and our shocks only.

For 99% sure it will be possible to retrofit. So you could start using our shocks and than later implement the lift kit.

It will be compatible with the DSCsport control unit just like the lift system for the porsches functions.

Be aware this has not yet been planned.

Best regards

Tom

Van: David Andrews [mailto:david.andrews112@gmail.com] 
Verzonden: maandag 17 april 2017 20:15
Aan: Info@tractivesuspension.com
Onderwerp: Nissan GT-R Front lift kit add-on

Hey tom, 

We had a discussion in this thread about a front lift kit for the Nissan GT-R tractive dampers. 

http://www.gtrherita...s-/-controller.

You mentioned that if a kit were developed it could be an add-on. I am wondering if that is something that could be added to any existing pair of dampers (by you I presume), or if it'd require purchasing a whole new pair. 

Many thanks, 

Dave 
  • 7racer and Tata like this

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 835 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

I am having Umbrella Auto Design kit installed on my Tractive RT shocks, will report once I try them how smooth they work!

• thehelix112 and choerizo like this

NSMO

NSMO

Stock

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 05-May 16
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
Are these set and forget enough for someone is driving mostly street(hard driving on windy roads), track day a couple times a year and maybe a trip to the strip once.
They seem pretty awesome and I don't have the time or expertise to tune them so hoping the factory map(s) would be enough.

Tim

Edited by NSMO, 23 April 2017 - 11:22 PM.

• thehelix112 likes this

R33 GTR 414kw@4 wheels

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13

Are these set and forget enough for someone is driving mostly street(hard driving on windy roads), track day a couple times a year and maybe a trip to the strip once.
They seem pretty awesome and I don't have the time or expertise to tune them so hoping the factory map(s) would be enough.

Tim

For sure. That's how 99.9% of Porsche owners use the DSC.

• NSMO likes this

NSMO

NSMO

Stock

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 05-May 16
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
Great to hear :) thank you!

R33 GTR 414kw@4 wheels

drk

drk

Stage 1 Member

• 115 posts
  • Joined 06-January 14

POPULAR

just ordered the RTX  and CONROLLER should be on the car in about 2 weeks. Will be at Indie Motorsports end of month. I have lots of time on this track so I'll be able to evaluate this system. Unfortunately (not) new AP racing front radical calipers are also being installed which could cause some confusion about which one is contributing and to what degree to the epic improvement in lap times I expect (for 16k installed)

• ian.r, changster, 7racer and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users