Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM ELITE Turbo System WINS TX2K!!!

* * * * * 1 votes tx2k elite tsm topspeedmotorsports quarter mile

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,072 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

While I am aware that it was a couple weeks ago I couldn’t not announce the victory at TX2K 2016 for our ELITE Turbos!   I apologize for the lack of timely announcement, we have been crazy here trying to get everything caught up on that was behind from the Texas rush but I’m happy to say we are back on track and running smoother than ever :)

I must give a huge congratulations to our good friend and local customer Erik for utilizing our ELETE turbos to not only win TX2K 2016 but also run a crazy impressive 8.68 @167 on a radial tire none the less!  If that same pass would have been on a slick with a proper 60’ it would have been a low low 8.50 pass!!!

Erik did an outstanding job learning the tire and the car as this was his very first competition with it.  He for sure impressed me with the lights, keeping his cool all the way into the finals.  I know from last year that isn’t an easy thing to do so I’m very proud of him!   Erik is  not only a local customer but also a Nissan technician that does 95% of his own work! We are honored to have him as a customer since he knows quality, is well informed as to what he wants and chose our product to get the job done!   I guess it paid off for all of us :)

I have to say after now over a year of testing the ELITE turbo system with combination after combination it feels amazing to actually start seeing the results.  The road of testing a product properly is NOT a short one nor for the faint of heart I have learned!  If you want to provide your industry and customers with well tested maximized product it takes both passion and finances to withstand the ever growing temptation to release a product prematurely just to start recouping R&D.  However in following the planned path, doing it what I would call the RIGHT way there is such a massive reward!  Being just weeks away from product on the shelf I’m very excited for the future of this year and our TSM Turbo Systems!!!!

So Congratulations to Erik!  Thank you to him and Andres as well as my whole team for the support, and thank you to Rob from RobTuned for being the man behind the keyboard making the car consistent even tho the conditions for consistency were far from optimal.

IMG_4288_zpssrfaojww.jpg

IMG_5436_zpstcl8c3i2.jpg

IMG_5565_zpsuqfoagni.jpg

IMG_5583_zpsk2bohg8t.jpg

IMG_5594_zpsfoebnbdu.jpg

• Tim, ian.r and 7racer like this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

Jimefam

Jimefam

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 18-February 13
Yeah erik did a great job he really really ran the car alot the whole event (roll race passes and drag passes) and it just kept getting faster and faster. His quickest and fastest pass of the entire event was his last one. Very impressive to go 8.68@167 with a 1.58 60'!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,233 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Jesus.  That is hammering!  Is that the elite or the elite plus?

houstonT

houstonT

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

Agree with Jime.....that car ran a TON of passes, well built and reliable and FAF (fast as fu__)

Peter

• Tim likes this

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,072 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Jesus.  That is hammering!  Is that the elite or the elite plus?

ELITE

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,233 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

God damn.

Awesome.

gtr2

gtr2

Stock

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 02-August 15

why don't you move that thing into gtr 3 were it belongs you must be proud to beat up on the guys in  gtr 2 class come run with us gtr 3 were you belong   that said good pass          

gtr2

gtr2

Stock

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 02-August 15

we need to get some parity in the classes  maybe  a mph -+ break out ,or by ET and assign   classes like  TI.  this is no fault of you, Peter .I do not care but the sponsor I talked to and the racers do get discouraged as the lower classes are week end racers.   it is  getting worse by the year but we will be there next year, nothing is fair in love and war  right ? 

Edited by gtr2, 04 April 2016 - 04:33 PM.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,233 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
So good he said it twice.

Ramius83

Ramius83

Stock

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 20-October 14
  • LocationCumming, GA

why don't you move that thing into gtr 3 were it belongs you must be proud to beat up on the guys in gtr 2 class come run with us gtr 3 were you belong that said good pass

Funny, I'm on stock manifold, which is the class I'm supposed to be in. <confused>
And there was another 8.6xx capable car in my class as well, but he broke his rear diff. So why aren't you hating on them too?
  • CasualObserver likes this

Jimefam

Jimefam

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 18-February 13
Lol this is the guy who was telling peter to keep it on radials that he was about that radial life etc etc and how your such a drag racer you dont care about the rules now crying to peter to make the big bad elites go away. Just be glad no elite pluses made it out this year. Erik i told you to double enter class 2 and 3 man lol then you would have really had this guy going nuts.

Ramius83

Ramius83

Stock

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 20-October 14
  • LocationCumming, GA
Lol. I wanted to double enter into Class 3 as well on the Sunday qualifiers after very strong runs on Saturday. But was advised to stay, focus, and win one class, than to lose both.

Jimefam

Jimefam

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 18-February 13
Screenshot_2016-04-04-18-37-04_zpsylfsvz

Stock manifold record pretx2k was 8.48 guess you should have built it accordingly!! ;) cicio stop building such badass shit man they trying to catch up and your just out there putting tenths on the field.

Edited by Jimefam, 04 April 2016 - 04:43 PM.

gtr2

gtr2

Stock

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 02-August 15
come on man your smarter than that you know what I am saying . no hating here good run if he ran gtr 3 it would have been a different outcome . As far as the tires GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT sponsors made that call not be but a good call , Peter can chime in on that to verify .At this point it is history

Jimefam

Jimefam

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 18-February 13
Why would he run class 3? He is not even close to running the stock manifold record and class two is a stock manifold class. Everyone should come to tx2k expecting to see records set in their class and to have to race against that level of competition. And if he would have run both class 2 and 3 would have had a decent shot in class 3. Not too many of those cars were in the 8.60s either.

godzila2009

godzila2009

Stage 4 Member

• 938 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

Peter needs to get the classes by weight and turbo size.

audioenvy

audioenvy

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 879 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12

we need to get some parity in the classes  maybe  a mph -+ break out ,or by ET and assign   classes like  TI.  this is no fault of you, Peter .I do not care but the sponsor I talked to and the racers do get discouraged as the lower classes are week end racers.   it is  getting worse by the year but we will be there next year, nothing is fair in love and war  right ? 

Were you there this year? 

Classes 2-4 were all very close in terms of winning ET and the reason is that so damn many cars broke. I got a lot of "you just don't know how to set up a car" shit when I broke a rear diff a while back but after TX2K16 it looks like I'm in pretty damn good company now. I'll be on slicks regardless of class and all y'all tough guys who are now whining about equity can suck my balls.

• Tim, 7racer, Evolunchbox and 1 other like this

audioenvy

audioenvy

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 879 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12

ETA: Congrats to Erik, Andres, Rob, and the entire TSM crew on the win.

Edited by audioenvy, 04 April 2016 - 10:19 PM.

Justin@TSM

Justin@TSM

Stock

• Vendors
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 04-June 14
Funny stuff lol

Technician @ Topspeed Motorsports

7.86 @ 176
1.25 60ft

Forward Facing Super 99 Subaru STI : 901/697 @ 48psi

**my comments do not reflect the opinions of TSM**

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,615 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
When will these turbos be released? Interested in learning more

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tx2k, elite, tsm, topspeedmotorsports, quarter mile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users