Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Doug@WGP

doug wgp weapons grade performance usm turbo build

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Skyline

Skyline

Stock

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

POPULAR

Just want to give a quick vendor review of Doug at Weapons Grade Performance.

I recently got my car back from Doug who completed a USM turbo upgrade for me. See the write-up of the build here...

http://www.gtrherita...o-build-at-wgp/

As noted in the build review, Doug did a great job of building and tuning the car. I am very happy with the overall outcome of this build, and Doug exceed all my expectations during the whole process.

The car runs excellent and the initial tune is great. It idles and drives perfect, and Doug wants to do datalogs to ensure that every thing continues running great.

He kept in constant communication throughout the whole build process. He answered all my questions and accommodated all my requests. He is extremely knowledgeable about cars and the GT-R specifically. With me being a mechanical engineer for 20 years and cars being my passion for even longer, I can confidently say I know the GT-R really well. From initially talking with him, I was actually (pleasantly) surprised by how much Doug knew about the platform and modifications to these cars. This was a major reason I chose him to do my build.

One of the things that really stood out was his passion for these cars and providing great customer service. Over the years, I've met and talked to a lot of people who's job it is to work on cars. Most I'm sure do a good job. And I've have my good and bad experiences, too. (I don't give good reviews lightly at this point, you need to earn it) But talking and meeting Doug, you can tell that this is more than a job for him. He's passionate about his work. This is what makes the difference between getting decent work done, and have a great build experience.

I would not hesitate to recommend him for any work, from simple bolt-ons to tuning to complete builds.  If I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to do a full engine and transmission build in the future, I have no doubt he will be doing it.

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 3 others like this
2011 GT-R Premium, Black/Black

Engine/Transmission:
USM Turbos | Boost Logic FMIC | Boost Logic 3" Turbo Inlet Pipes | GotBoost 3" Wrinkle Black Intakes | GotBoost 3" IC Piping Kit | Tial BOVs | GotBoost Catch Can Kit | AMS Down Pipes | HKS Catless Resonated Midpipe | HKS Legamax Exhaust | ID 1300cc Injectors | DW 330 Fuel Pumps | Visconti Flex Fuel Kit | Visconti Fuel Pump Hardwire Kit | Visconti Fuel Pressure Fail Safe | Visconti SD Conversion Kit | Koyo Race Radiator | GReddy Transmission Cooler & Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir | Cobb AP V2 | WPG Custom Dyno Tune

Suspension/Brakes:
KW Sleeve Kit | Stillen Front & Rear Sway Bars | Stillen Stainless Brake Lines | DBA Brake Rotors | Cobalt Friction XR1 Brake Pads | APR Wheel Studs

Wheels/Tires:
20" 3-Piece iForged Aeros | 285/35-20 BGF Rivals

Exterior/Accessories:
Stillen Front Spoiler | Custom Fixed Rear Tow Hook | JDM Clear Front Side Markers | Tinted Rear Side Markers | Tinted Windows | Laser Interceptor Quad System | Rear View Camera w/ Grid Lines | DVD Bypass

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,796 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

:clappinghands:  :clappinghands:  :clappinghands:

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Thanks for the review!
  • Tim likes this

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner / MoTec Calibrator
-Mainline Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 21B Ozick Dr, Durham, CT   West Coast Location 16726 146th St SE, Monroe, WA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: doug, wgp, weapons, grade, performance, usm, turbo, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users