Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Mobil-1 0w-40

* * * * - 2 votes oil

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,990 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

that's a pretty big difference.  

In7anity!!

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,684 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

New FS is a superb street oil, and if kept cool, should be a great GT-R oil.

HOWEVER, lets say you go, oh, I don't know, Circuit of the Americas? Maybe?

A 16% drop at high temp (which I see all the time) is SIGNIFICANT.  I MAY give this oil a try after I exhaust my supply of Redline 0W-40, but I don't have an accessory oil cooler (like my good friend, descartesfool).  The prior formulas didn't fare as well with my heavy hot track use.

Shawn

Kevin_E

Kevin_E

Stock

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 02-November 15
  • LocationAZ/GA

A 16% drop at high temp (which I see all the time) is SIGNIFICANT.  I MAY give this oil a try after I exhaust my supply of Redline 0W-40, but I don't have an accessory oil cooler (like my good friend, descartesfool).  The prior formulas didn't fare as well with my heavy hot track use.

Shawn

Definitely keep us posted. I still have some miles to go with the blend I tried out. Curious to see how the report plays out with this sample. 

Kevin

Sleepyrx

Sleepyrx

Stock

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 25-April 16

A 16% drop at high temp (which I see all the time) is SIGNIFICANT. I MAY give this oil a try after I exhaust my supply of Redline 0W-40, but I don't have an accessory oil cooler (like my good friend, descartesfool). The prior formulas didn't fare as well with my heavy hot track use.

Shawn

I'm really interested to see how it turns out. I still have 7 jugs + 4 quarts (and an open quart), after just doing my 2nd oil change since the discontinuation, recently.

If it turns out to be significantly better for the engine, I might just have to swap over to the FS, way sooner than expected. Although it would have been about 4yrs, before I ran out of the "old formulation" and started FS. It's cheap enough, that even if I couldn't swap it with someone, I'd still switch to FS when the next oil change came around.
  • 7racer likes this

twinturbogodzilla

twinturbogodzilla

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 18-September 17

2017 owners manual still says Mobil 1 0-40w .

"Mobil 1 (0W-40) (100% synthetic) is the factory fill oil. The VR38 engine with its plasma-sprayed bores was developed using this oil. NISSAN cannot ensure proper engine operation and durability if other 0W-40 synthetic oil is used. If Mobil 1 (0W- 40) is not available, Mobil 1 (10W- 40) (100% synthetic) may be used; however, some performance loss may be noticed."

• choerizo likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users