Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Wannagofast 1/2 mile Ocala Recap

* * * * * 1 votes wannagofast sir stage4 billetdesign 1/2mile ocala recap shep one-k

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

jima

jima

Stage 4 Member

• 1,133 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
  • LocationSouth Florida

POPULAR

So now that I had a few days to settle in after the race, here is my short recap for the Wannagofast 1/2 mile event in Ocala.

About a week and a half before the event, this is how the car looked:

23997226704_8529247ab2_k.jpg

No engine, no trans nothing! by now you are probably thinking WTF didn't he just got an engine build + turbos? Well yes however since Mr. Audioenvy is now going in YOLO mode with his car I snagged his Stage 4 turbos, yea I know a lot of you knew or had an idea that was the case well is true, I now have the 1st set of the magic Stage 4 turbos in my car.

Fast forward a few days later, we get this care package from Shep.

24024746579_28f6e43873_k.jpg

Finally! Shep-oneK + a few more goodies inside to make it extra warm and fuzzy, I cannot thank Shep enough for putting a rush on this and getting the trans back to me JUST in time before the event, pretty awesome of him.

So Marco @ BilletDesign works extra hours to get this thing done, I mean he spent long nights to get the trans + turbos + GT1R oil pan installed and ready.. and voila just like that a few days before the event she is ready to head down to Bill for final tuning on the glorious Stage 4s

Can't get over how beautiful this is! Thanks Bill and Tony ! 

24543158591_3b20b70283_k.jpg

24599195346_8c1e3afa41_k.jpg

Back in we go! 

24543148331_3805e9a7b0_k.jpg

Meanwhile all of this was going on, I was out of town on a business trip in Dubai that just so happens that it takes me back through NYC, as some of you might know this was also the weekend where snowcalypse 2016 is about to kick off and my flight gets canceled! Of course I run around the airport and manage to find a flight that gets me in around 9PM in Florida, thankfully escaping the snow and making it home.

By the time I get in, Marco is putting the finishing touches on the tires, making sure they are properly balanced but as usual we encounter a few issues and we don't manage to get out of Fort Lauderdale until 1AM Saturday morning! Thankfully I had Bob (AWDTT) help me out and we drop 5 hours strait to Ocala... Thanks again bud for the awesome track support Bob! Couldn't have done it without you.

24284754459_6df0b0dfad_k.jpg

24025686813_9b737dc602_k.jpg

Saturday Morning: 

With 0 sleep and 0 seat time on the car.. we get to the track nice and early, we unloaded the car and go through Tech and off we go.. Man can I say about this car? UNREAL the power actually scared me a bit on 5 and 6th (again 0 seat time) so I backed off in the first few runs, def took me by surprise how fast it was.

24679122155_69fcfe92d1_k.jpg

23998415823_df424e9b4b_k.jpg

24050953814_8c819a9ac7_k.jpg

Unfortunately Bill couldn't make it to the track so I had to send him a few logs back and forth, we where fighting some fuel gremlins that didn't allow me to get that magic 200 mph, but we did manage a 190.8 mph on schmedium boost 

24570296231_994eabcd62_k.jpg

Video of my best two runs

So far I'm very happy with the results, I think the car did great for me having 0 seat time, 0 sleep and no Bill track side, I cannot wait to see what she does once we get the issues worked out.. HUGE thanks to Marco @ Billet Design, Bill @ Spray-it-Racing, AWDTT - Bob and last but not least Steve aka Audioenvy, Proud to be part of the SiR TEAM! 

• Tim, ian.r, 7racer and 5 others like this

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

24024746579_28f6e43873_k.jpg

Finally! Shep-oneK + a few more goodies inside to make it extra warm and fuzzy, I cannot thank Shep enough for putting a rush on this and getting the trans back to me JUST in time before the event, pretty awesome of him.

Those goodies must be Lambo parts? Fra-gee-lay, sounds Italian!

23998415823_df424e9b4b_k.jpg

Car looks so amazing. If Nissan offered this as an actual paint color I don't think they would have ever sold anything else!!

Congrats on getting to the next stage, we know that lack of trans condition has been holding you back for a while. Anxious to see what you and Bill can do with this thing this year :)
  • jima likes this
-Jeff

Crissy

Crissy

Stage 2 Member

• 235 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15

Wow, wow, wow!

Great story, great car, and great ride on so many levels. 

Thank you for sharing all the above. 

• jima likes this

jima

jima

Stage 4 Member

• 1,133 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
  • LocationSouth Florida

Those goodies must be Lambo parts? Fra-gee-lay, sounds Italian!

HAHA nah just extra capacity oil pan and the magic juice from New Zealand, nothing super fancy  :P

Car looks so amazing. If Nissan offered this as an actual paint color I don't think they would have ever sold anything else!!

Congrats on getting to the next stage, we know that lack of trans condition has been holding you back for a while. Anxious to see what you and Bill can do with this thing this year :)

Thanks! I do wish they had this as an OEM color, at least as a special edition would be awesome. I really cannot wait to see what we do either, 8s are def on my sight! 

Stuart@T1

Stuart@T1

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 872 posts
  • Joined 29-July 13

I really like that color. Very nice and congrats!

t1sig%20new_zpsrcxzxhwf.jpg

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,664 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Great write up and results.Olus you had to run in those conditions saturday to get some seat time..big props on that 1/

Are you going to the street car drags sunday?

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,095 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Good write-up Jim.   Yup, I thought we'd NEVER get out of Ft. Lauderdale.  It was probably better that we didn't sleep than if we got there at 3:30 and tried to sleep for 2 hours.  We would have felt like shit.

Edited by awdtt, 29 January 2016 - 10:42 AM.

• 7racer likes this
2015 BE Frankenmotor

jima

jima

Stage 4 Member

• 1,133 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
  • LocationSouth Florida

Great write up and results.Olus you had to run in those conditions saturday to get some seat time..big props on that 1/

Are you going to the street car drags sunday?

Thanks! Yea the conditions on Saturday where total shit! everyone was breaking down left and right! 

Not going this Sunday, don't really want to rush fixing the fuel for a race that is pretty crappy for the most part (crappy track prep, lots of car etc) I rather go to a test and tune once I'm ready lol. 

• Tim likes this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
what kind of power will these stage 4's put down?

gtr34

gtr34

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
  • LocationPa

Glad you didn't get stuck in the snow, it was wicked here.  Congrats on the runs.  Car looks great.  What psi were you running this weekend?  And what tires did you run?  Thats pretty wild that you and Unabomber said about how fast your cars are in 5th and 6th gear,  scary shit.

• jima likes this

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

The 191 pass was 28psi  

It went 183 at 21psi (gate pressure) 

Cant wait to get it out to PBIR and get a good run in!

• Tim, ian.r, KrieGTR and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wannagofast, sir, stage4, billetdesign, 1/2mile, ocala, recap, shep, one-k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users