Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Awdtt's build thread

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,094 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

I have a C&C'd aluminum FP manifold with replacable Aeromotive filter holding double Walbro 450 high pressure pumps.  I'm probably wrong, but I'm not sure how much the brush/brushless would do in a 20- 25-minute road course session.  Meanwhile we are burning up the trans by boiling the oil, going that hard for that long with the exhaust heat being the culprit. I think the biggest improvement on that end of the car is deflecting heat from the exhaust away from the tank and the trans.

• 7racer and thehelix112 like this
2015 BE Frankenmotor

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,478 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Seven would know specifically for track but they run considerably cooler.
  • elf_cruiser and awdtt like this
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,690 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I have a C&C'd aluminum FP manifold with replacable Aeromotive filter holding double Walbro 450 high pressure pumps.  I'm probably wrong, but I'm not sure how much the brush/brushless would do in a 20- 25-minute road course session.  Meanwhile we are burning up the trans by boiling the oil, going that hard for that long with the exhaust heat being the culprit. I think the biggest improvement on that end of the car is deflecting heat from the exhaust away from the tank and the trans.

the brushless seems to do pretty well.  Haven't had any temp issues yet but will be pushing it a bit more.  I haven't taking it 10/10th yet though so take it with a grain of salt.  We do have the AMS fuel cooling system installed but that only clicks in on lower RPM, so typically in between sessions.

about trans temps.  I was SUPER worried about that, thats why on the 1st iteration we installed a laminova system.  What we found out was that my trans was super cool but it started to overwhelm the coolant system with borderline high temps.

We uninstalled it and will be added a separate cooling system for the trans with the exchanged in the back and a nana duct to put air back there.

• Tim, thehelix112, droptopp and 1 other like this

In7anity!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users