Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM Recap of WannaGOFAST Ocala FL

- - - - - unabomber 213 alpha16 tsm 4.4 tsm elite 197 wannagofast airstrip

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,115 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

What an awesome weekend for the TSM team and customers at WannaGOFAST this past weekend in Ocala FL!!!  

The entire weekend was pretty cold but we made the best of it for sure!!!  I made sure to load up the heaters from the shop along with the cars when we left TopSpeed so we had a nice big crowd at the trailer huddled around the warmth LOL. As you can imagine, people's fingers and toes weren’t the only things that suffered a little during the weekend…. you guessed it, the tires and track were cold cold cold!   Never the less we pressed through and I believe had a great showing and awesome time both days. 

We had a handful of cars running with a variety of different setups.  We had a couple stock engine FBO cars, as well as 2 stock engine cars with prototype TSM ELITE turbos on them. The two belles of the ball for us were for sure Unabomber’s 4.4 Alpha16 and our local friend/customer with his fully built TSM ELITE turbo car that was making its real world number debut!   For those of you that are curious about the TSM shop car we honestly just didn’t have time to get her ready.  We are changing up a couple things for the season and had too many customers cars taking priority to focus on getting her ready.   So she will come out to play at TX2K with a couple small new goodies. 

This is the first event Unabomber has been able to actually run his car with the new setup.  The car was at FL2K but snapped an axle on the first pass.  Since then he has been enjoying the car 3-4 times a week on the street map anticipating getting to run the car at a little higher power. Saturday was the colder of the two days so we knew it was going to be the most challenging.  Our tuner, Rob@RobTuned, was on site as always with just the solution the customer needed to safely and efficiently lay power to the ground.  Rob had spent the past couple days writing a traction control program that would keep the tire under the car from 0-100mph when it released and TQ limiting took over.   That system needed very minor tweaks to make it extremely efficient! 

With that part taken care of by Rob, the TSM crew had a few “track gremlins” to deal with!  On the first pass we got a call from Unabomber at the end of the track: “The car won’t start,” he tells me.  I asked, “Did it make any horrible noises or anything?” LOL. He assured me the pass was very clean the Motec just closed the throttles before the trap and shut the car off.   After a nice relaxing tow back to the pit area the boys dug in quickly finding out that a tiny fuel pump fuse had blown causing the car to lose fuel pressure.   Well in Rob’s map he has safety setup so that if the Motec sees low fuel pressure it shuts things down… for obvious reasons! Long story short, we replaced the fuse and then got faced with the same issue the next pass. Usually when something odd like that happens more than once it’s pretty safe to say you can point to the fuel pump itself starting to go out and draw more voltage than the fuse can handle. Well… swapping fuel pumps in a Fore Innovations Triple Pump trackside isn’t a 10 minute job, but the team dove right in!  We had to source a few tools that we didn’t bring but she was going to be ready to run Sunday morning. 

Meanwhile, the TSM ELITE car had pretty much come out the gate swinging! The customer, being a friend of mine, let me jump in the car Saturday after he made a couple passes trying to get used to the car. His car didn’t have an AWD box in it with the ability to keep the car from going into limp mode when it spins too much, so it was a handful to peddle through to say the least. With his car being on Cobb there was only so much Rob could do to pull the power back in the lower gears, and the cold airstrip just wasn’t hooking it.  I was able to get in the car and by the second pass had her figured out enough to get her wheeled down the track. 

So… true story my butt dyno is a little off these days after running the shop A16, I knew the car felt good but when I came around to get the time slip Ray from WGF says to me… “only 3mph from 200, awesome job!” I looked down in shock... the little guy had just run 197.1 MPH!!!! I honestly expected that our new turbos would run 190+ in the half given the power band but 197 was just amazing!  I can not wait to get these things to the drag strip and see what they will do!

So back to the Alpha16, Sunday morning came around and the weather had for sure broken a little, giving us just a touch of sun and warmer temperatures. My technicians Justin and Rob finished up the fuel pump install with the light of the morning, so the car was ready to run for Brian (Unabomber). 36psi was the opener, Rob dialed the traction control in that he had setup from the data the day before and the car laid down an impressive 208mph at just 36psi of boost! After reviewing the log, Rob was happy with what he saw so he asked me where I wanted it from there… “40psi," I said... let’s crack 210. Keep in mind the fastest GT-R of the event up to this point was a the Switzer 80mm front mount turbo car that ran 209mph. We wanted to take the top GT-R Spot! 

So down the runway the car ripped on the 40psi setting. I am super proud of my friend Brian as he wheeled the car through the torque hit at 100mph like a champ! I will tell you from experience that when one of our 4.4 A16s gets unleashed by my tuner Rob at around 100mph you better hold on because it is quite the ride! I’m sure Brian can attest to that.   He handled it like a champ though, kept his foot buried to the boards like I told him, and drove it to a 213mph pass!!! YES!! That is the fastest any TSM GT-R has gone in the half to date! We were all very excited! I was standing on the back of a truck bed in the parking lot trying to see the pass while my whole team were jumping up and down in our pit area! 

Well I was ready to turn her up! Honestly, I wanted to take the A16 record that had been set in TX by the guys over at T1 in Ben’s car (friendly rivalry). Unfortunately, after looking at the log, Rob informed us that the car was out of fuel injector and wouldn’t take anymore. We run a 12 injector setup powered by the Motec M1 with Injector Dynamics 1300 primary and 1700 secondary but that just wasn’t enough to flow what the car needed on E98. Instead of rushing to perform surgery trackside with upgrading the injectors, Brian decided he was more than happy with the way the car had performed and it was time to start the 4 hour journey home with his wife. 

All in all, what an awesome weekend! Blake and Layla of WannaGOFAST, along with their staff, put on an awesome event as always! Everything is very well run and as orderly as it can be with a few thousand crazy race fans and a few hundred crazier racers :)  

My team, as always, I just can’t thank these guys enough! The dynamic of the TSM squad has evolved over the years to be something I am so very proud of! This team always has the backs of our customers and myself, and in turn I try to do the same for them. Thank you to the guys that make us a success daily!   Both customers and employees alike, going to the track with these guys is an honor!

Enjoy a couple pictures!  Video coming soon!!!

FullSizeRender%203_zpszqodafxl.jpg

IMG_3251_zpsfldoxiuq.jpg

FullSizeRender%202_zpswgtjfcbr.jpg

DSC_6294_zpsjjkyxogi.jpg

DSC_6291_zpsdadxe4os.jpg

DSC_6275_zpsrfehshx8.jpg

DSC_6253_zpsdjkkdccd.jpg

DSC_6207_zpsxpy3h3ph.jpg

DSC_6201_zpsojnkdwno.jpg

DSC_6079_zps1bcj9hek.jpg

DSC_6076_zpswr2rxm8z.jpg

• Tim, Doug3226, Carmiwrx and 6 others like this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.82@179
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

jima

jima

Stage 4 Member

• 1,133 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
  • LocationSouth Florida

It was nice to see the Crew (Cicio / Brian / Rob / Andres), very impressed with Brian's car and Erik's car they both ran quite well congrats to everyone involved and thanks for letting us hang out in the trailer to catch some heat def need to bring one of those heaters for next time haha.

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 569 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12
  • LocationHilton Head Island, SC

POPULAR

awesome write up as usual buddy.  Cant say enough about the car or how the TSM crew handled the adversity of the weekend.

I can honestly say I have never had so much damn fun wheeling a car in my life.  When the torque really comes in and the traction control shut off at 100 that was one hell of a wild ride.  Car spun hard but just stayed straight and kept me pinned to the seat.  What a rush.  Not to mention putting BUS LENGTHS on a UGR 2R.  WOWWWWWWWWWWW

I cant wait for texas to see what she really has in her.  

Overall I could not have asked for a better weekend.  Awesome time spent with my wife and friends, a fresh build that performed like a champ, a personal best, a shop best and a few trophies to add to the TSM Trophy case.

Thanks Cicio and all the guys at TSM for everything

• Tim, Doug3226, Carmiwrx and 3 others like this

TSM Built 2015 

4.4 Billet block, ETS Pro1900 Turbos 
19xx whp/13xx wtq

221mph Half Mile, 7.64@184, 1.23 60 foot

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

2.8, PTE6766, PPG Sequential. 8xx whp

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

When is the 'official' release of the TSM Elite turbos?

Congrats on the good weekend guys!

• RAIDTNK_GTR likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,665 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Man y'all did great this past weekend.Brians car was unreal and the new pro eights made a hell of a impression for its first outing :). A big ole thank you for the heaters too.

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,115 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

When is the 'official' release of the TSM Elite turbos?

Congrats on the good weekend guys!

2-3 weeks they will be on the shelf. 

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.82@179
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

Haynesqd

Haynesqd

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
  • LocationMadison, MS
Congrats to TSM and Brian. I would be lying if I said I wasn't asking for constant updates on speeds from Brian's car, lol!

Can't wait to meet up at 2K and have some fun. And I know what you mean when you hit 100mph. In my car it literally feels like I just hit a 200 shot of nitrous. 4th thru 6th gear literally feel insanely fast!!
  • Tim, UnaBomber and LTHL VNM like this

cjmatt

cjmatt

Stage 4 Member

• 462 posts
  • Joined 29-January 14
  • LocationDetroit

What causes the traction control to cut off at 100mph? is it just holding back the TQ til then, then putting everything down?

RobTuned

RobTuned

Stock

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 09-September 15
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

What causes the traction control to cut off at 100mph? is it just holding back the TQ til then, then putting everything down?

Because of the conditions at this track, roughly 100mph is where I was able to roll the power in and let it haze the tires. Below that, there was virtually no wheel spin. 

• Tim likes this

Specializing in Remote and Travel tuning

In House Tuner at TopSpeed Motorsports

Other Tuning Locations Here

-Quickest R35 GT-R on a Radial Tire 7.997@174

-World's Quickest Alpha 16 GT-R 7.86@176

-First MoTec Equipped R35 in the 7's 7.997@174

-World's Quickest Nismo GT-R (EcuTek) 9.72@138

Posted Image

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 569 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12
  • LocationHilton Head Island, SC

Because of the conditions at this track, roughly 100mph is where I was able to roll the power in and let it haze the tires. Below that, there was virtually no wheel spin. 

still cant believe i was able to get out so well on that track

even the gtrs with half the power were struggling for traction

The jump I got on the 2R lambo was amazing lol

TSM Built 2015 

4.4 Billet block, ETS Pro1900 Turbos 
19xx whp/13xx wtq

221mph Half Mile, 7.64@184, 1.23 60 foot

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

2.8, PTE6766, PPG Sequential. 8xx whp

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unabomber, 213, alpha16, tsm 4.4, tsm elite, 197, wannagofast, airstrip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users