Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Need tire/tool trailer....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,546 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

gonna need more than just two holders!

That's only enough fuel for one session!

ha!  It's a PITA to haul all that E85, that's why with the new build to run 1000hp on pump makes it easier.

The fuel holders are to add some E85 for detonation prevention and also E98 or VP for drag days.

• Tim likes this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,118 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
http://www.leroyengi...ng.com/grid.php

I'll be getting one of these so I can step up to proper rubber (at some point).

Thoughts?

Dave

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,546 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Thoughts?

Dave

that looks perfect!!!  I wish I saw that before I got mine!

I like the shocks on the wheels and the way they mount.  Don't you have a bendpak?  I wonder if that fits easily

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,900 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Thoughts?

Dave

Damn dude, they’re more expensive than a flatbed you could put the whole car on !!
Just swap to slicks at home and drive to/from the track on em :)
  • thehelix112 likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,118 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
No bendpak, just a normal jack. Was thinking I'd probably get it with fuel canister mounts to take e98 to the track when the car runs on that. Tool box can just go in the boot.

Elf, really? I haven't done much research to be honest, but I am pretty space constrained, so being able to stand this up in the garage will be important. And not needing a tow car etc etc.

Also I'm not sure driving 4hrs on the highway is what I wanna be doing on like, hoosiers right?

Dave

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,546 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Damn dude, they’re more expensive than a flatbed you could put the whole car on !!
Just swap to slicks at home and drive to/from the track on em :)

flatbeds are cheaper?

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,900 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

No bendpak, just a normal jack. Was thinking I'd probably get it with fuel canister mounts to take e98 to the track when the car runs on that. Tool box can just go in the boot.

Elf, really? I haven't done much research to be honest, but I am pretty space constrained, so being able to stand this up in the garage will be important. And not needing a tow car etc etc.

Also I'm not sure driving 4hrs on the highway is what I wanna be doing on like, hoosiers right?

Dave

I paid $1800 for my car hauler awhile back. But yes, then you need a big truck to pull it and a place to store it (and the truck, haha!)

As for the road trip on HooHoo’s I think it would be OK but then the risk is that if you cord one at the track now you’re stuck trying to limp home 2 hours away :/
I didn’t realize you were that far from the track, sorry man!

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,118 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

I paid $1800 for my car hauler awhile back. But yes, then you need a big truck to pull it and a place to store it (and the truck, haha!)

As for the road trip on HooHoo’s I think it would be OK but then the risk is that if you cord one at the track now you’re stuck trying to limp home 2 hours away :/
I didn’t realize you were that far from the track, sorry man!

All good man. I appreciate the perspective. Might try to find one of these second hand or something. Would make a good Xmas present as a kit though, maybe I'll accidentally msg it to my wife...

Dave
  • 7racer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users