Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9.4 first pass ever

- - - - - ets shep t1 rob robtuned gtr enkie pf01

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

POPULAR

So just wanted to give a little update and shot out to Rob-tuning, John Shep who has given me so much confidence in using the car, Grant Zartman at House of Power builder, dyno operator everything lol, Mike at ETS for putting up with my million questions... Today I had the chance to get out to the dragstrip last minute. Literally got the last pass of the day in on last call, probably 3rd or 4th before the final few cars... Can't wait to start revising maps, dialing it in, really getting to work on the car, very excited for it. And definitely confidence inspiring to see it run so damn well.

Had:
leaky stock BOV so Tial ones are on the way
Street FMIC
stock intercooler piping
stock heads
stock throttle bodies
1st drag map file *rob corrected this was actually intended for street not prepped track* no revisions yet, 

Turbos at 23 confirmed by Rob

12241407_951276478280810_816518999007155

Edited by OuLikeBlueGTRs, 17 November 2015 - 03:02 PM.

• ian.r, 7racer, choerizo and 3 others like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,264 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Congrats man! That's awesome. What boost?
  • OuLikeBlueGTRs likes this

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,625 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Nice! Congrats! Using BOTL?

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

Nice work!  Very solid showing for the first time out.  Let us know more details on the full combo (tires, fuel, etc).  Also, get some Gojo on that finger, good god lol

-Jeff

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,456 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Thats a hell of a pass and with that 60ft ..nice man

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Thats a hell of a pass and with that 60ft ..nice man

Yes we were literally hand releasing air trying to get the tires ready switched the map at the line. it was a panic frantic show to run that time with everything that was going on, and on its first tire I'm just so pleased 

Nice work!  Very solid showing for the first time out.  Let us know more details on the full combo (tires, fuel, etc).  Also, get some Gojo on that finger, good god lol

E85 meter read at e76 when we popped the hood. Full power for the map is at e70 from what I understand  full tank of gas although this picture has none before I filled up lmao 

th_12208802_951188991622892_576055313155

Nice! Congrats! Using BOTL?

NO boost off the line, just a 4k soft launch again first time ever no map revisions nothing just first one out.

Congrats man! That's awesome. What boost?

26psi was when it was all set. I've got another flex map for 29psi but I don't think the power is coming on specifically for drag racing  Thats all we managed to get her turned up too so far. 

*EDIT* 23psi Mild BOTL

Edited by OuLikeBlueGTRs, 17 November 2015 - 11:26 AM.

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Forgot tire profile was 305/45/18 with enkie PF01 NTo5R in the rear and 305/45/18 Nt555R in the front constantly scraping lol

• HiBoost likes this

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

• Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,456 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

That was a drama free pass

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

RobTuned

RobTuned

Stock

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 09-September 15
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

Congrats Kyle, the car runs great! I didn't realize that this was on the low boost drag map (which was setup for street digs more so than a prepped track) with very mild BOTL.

There's a significant power difference between that map (23psi) and your high map which is 28psi. 

• Tim, 7racer and OuLikeBlueGTRs like this

Specializing in Remote and Travel tuning

In House Tuner at TopSpeed Motorsports

Other Tuning Locations Here

-Quickest R35 GT-R on a Radial Tire 7.997@174

-World's Quickest Alpha 16 GT-R 7.86@176

-First MoTec Equipped R35 in the 7's 7.997@174

-World's Quickest Nismo GT-R (EcuTek) 9.72@138

Posted Image

boosted-m

boosted-m

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationNY NJ PA

Congrats Kyle, the car runs great! I didn't realize that this was on the low boost drag map (which was setup for street digs more so than a prepped track) with very mild BOTL.

There's a significant power difference between that map (23psi) and your high map which is 28psi. 

Rob, How often do you make it up to Prime Motoring in NJ?

'12 GTR built
1050whp & 800tq on E85 -

Engine/Trans: WGP built 10:1 CR block | Headgames pocket port heads with Tomei 272/272 
| ETS GTX3076R turbo kit | Driven Innov Race FMIC, 3" IC piping & CAI's | Shep ONE-k trans | Fore Innov Walbro Triple Pump Hanger, Rails, FPR | ID1700cc | 60mm WG welded to 90mm midpipe | EcuTek w/ GotBoost Flex Fuel Cable, DIY FPR sensor | and more!!

Suspension: KW Sleeve Kit 
| SPL Front Upper Control Arms & Rear Camber Links |

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Oh wow I've been telling people it was 26 

Yeah thats the map we tried Rob I'll adjust and update wow shocked it was even lower

• Tim likes this

boosted-m

boosted-m

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationNY NJ PA
Outlikeblue - I think we have very similar setups?

'12 GTR built
1050whp & 800tq on E85 -

Engine/Trans: WGP built 10:1 CR block | Headgames pocket port heads with Tomei 272/272 
| ETS GTX3076R turbo kit | Driven Innov Race FMIC, 3" IC piping & CAI's | Shep ONE-k trans | Fore Innov Walbro Triple Pump Hanger, Rails, FPR | ID1700cc | 60mm WG welded to 90mm midpipe | EcuTek w/ GotBoost Flex Fuel Cable, DIY FPR sensor | and more!!

Suspension: KW Sleeve Kit 
| SPL Front Upper Control Arms & Rear Camber Links |

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Outlikeblue - I think we have very similar setups?

you have more work on the engine and FMIC and I've got a beefier trans lol but yes very similar. 

I just don't even know what to do now hearing it was at 23psi with leaking BOVs lol like weight reduction, more boost, more dialed in, slicks, just like the options are insane to try.. Heck try them all! I'm just in a fog too much to do and try to shave time off.

One thing if it was on kill and only had one option to try but this... I mean there is so much lol

Edited by OuLikeBlueGTRs, 17 November 2015 - 12:38 PM.

GTR272

GTR272

Stock

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 13-August 15

Forgot tire profile was 305/45/18 with enkie PF01 NTo5R in the rear and 305/45/18 Nt555R in the front constantly scraping lol

I have same rims and I run 285 in front and no scraping

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ets, shep, t1, rob, robtuned, gtr, enkie, pf01

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users