Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

wannaGOFAST - Florida 1/2 Mile Shootout - January 23-24th, 2016

- - - - - wannagofast airport runway drag racing roll racing half mile 1/2 mile topspeed motorsports ocala florida

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Downey

Downey

Stage 2 Member

• 243 posts
  • Joined 24-February 15
  • LocationPipeline
UGR Black 220. UGR Orange 224.

Slow n Stock BE

Downey

Downey

Stage 2 Member

• 243 posts
  • Joined 24-February 15
  • LocationPipeline
Sheriff out on strip chasing after a Viper...must have taken his afternoon donuts.

Slow n Stock BE

Downey

Downey

Stage 2 Member

• 243 posts
  • Joined 24-February 15
  • LocationPipeline
Unless I missed something Bomber had the fastest GTR pass this weekend
  • 7racer likes this

Slow n Stock BE

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
congratulations to everyone! in attendance!!

what's the HP differences between bombers gtr and those ugr setups?

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,110 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

POPULAR

congratulations to everyone! in attendance!!
what's the HP differences between bombers gtr and those ugr setups?

The bombers Gtr is a A16 making 1600whp and the the UGR cars were well above that.
Gidi's new car is a X with the same package as the green Huracan and some extras so let figure 2200-2400
The bomber did good props to everybody that ran in that shit yesterday

OT they need to do something with that surface.as it just flat out sucked
  • ian.r, UnaBomber, 7racer and 2 others like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 609 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14

The bombers Gtr is a A16 making 1600whp and the the UGR cars were well above that.
Gidi's new car is a X with the same package as the green Huracan and some extras so let figure 2200-2400
The bomber did good props to everybody that ran in that shit yesterday
OT they need to do something with that surface.as it just flat out sucked

The track was much better today, however yesterday forget about it, it was cold and tires were hard.
  • Tim and 7racer like this

Justin@TSM

Justin@TSM

Stock

• Vendors
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 04-June 14

213 a little slow for a A16 not ?

Well the record is 216 which was just recent set at the Texas 1/2 mile so I would say no 

• Tim, 7racer and Downey like this

Technician @ Topspeed Motorsports

7.86 @ 176
1.25 60ft

Forward Facing Super 99 Subaru STI : 901/697 @ 48psi

**my comments do not reflect the opinions of TSM**

PianoProdigy

PianoProdigy

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 486 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

I wasn't there to see the condition of the runway, though I have no reason to doubt the descriptions.  I'm also no aviation expert, but I would think that the requirements for what a plane needs to reliably takeoff and land from an asphalt runway would have virtually nothing in common with trying to claw for traction in a vehicle with motorized wheels (as opposed to wheels rolling along due to the thrust of the plane's engine(s)).

As far as doing something about it, I can't see WannaGoFast renting the runway out once or twice a year making any viable difference in financially justifying Jumbolair doing any kind of repaving.  At 150 cars times $400 for a 2-day pass, that's $60,000.  I assume there are additional funds raised by WannaGoFast through sponsorships and of course attendance.  Not sure what they pay to rent the runway, but I can't imagine it's anything close to $60,000.

The runway is 7,550 x 210 ft per Wikipedia, that's almost 1.6 million square feet.  The cost to repave asphalt for residential surfaces per a Google search on the low end is around $2 square foot.  Even assuming it was 25% of the cost for a huge commercial project, that's still $400,000.  Can't see how Jumbolair would care enough to make that happen.

• Tim likes this

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12
  • LocationHilton Head Island, SC

well I have no idea about all that but 216 sure ain't 233 like the lambos.. what would T1 do ?

My a16 sure as hell isnt 2200whp like lambos

T1 shop car is multiple hundreds of whp more than mine and in no way does it ever see the street
  • Sense, Downey and tlilly like this

TSM Built 2015 

4.4 Billet block, ETS Pro1900 Turbos 
19xx whp/13xx wtq

213mph Half Mile, 7.64@184, 1.23 60 foot

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

2.8, PTE6766, ProEFI 8xx whp

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 609 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14

POPULAR

I agree with unabomber. If you could see how many runs the Lambos aborted and how they were pushed through the pits, followed by fire extinguishers etc you would understand.

For his car to go 213 and hold together really is remarkable. None of those Lambos are street driven cars as they were raced at the event. Dog boxes, ice tanks etc, they are very fast, but they are not some perfect best of both worlds platform.
  • Tim, ian.r, UnaBomber and 3 others like this

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

POPULAR

I agree with unabomber. If you could see how many runs the Lambos aborted and how they were pushed through the pits, followed by fire extinguishers etc you would understand.

For his car to go 213 and hold together really is remarkable. None of those Lambos are street driven cars as they were raced at the event. Dog boxes, ice tanks etc, they are very fast, but they are not some perfect best of both worlds platform.

plus you gotta be a little bit crazy to run those lambos out to 230

the way boost hit for me in 3rd and 4th gear was enough to scare the ever living shit out of me, i cant even imagine 500+ more whp

Edited by UnaBomber, 25 January 2016 - 08:16 AM.

• Tim, Sense, jima and 2 others like this

TSM Built 2015 

19xx whp/13xx wtq

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

jima

jima

Stage 4 Member

• 1,129 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
  • LocationSouth Florida

plus you gotta be a little bit crazy to run those lambos out to 230

the way boost hit for me in 3rd and 4th gear was enough to scare the ever living shit out of me, i cant even imagine 500+ more whp

I hear ya loud and clear, people don't understand how ridiculous it is once the boost hits on the high gears, not to mention the runway in Ocala has the elevation change towards the end as you are coming in to max speed, quite a feeling to say the least.

Congrats on the run Bud, it was nice seeing you this weekend.

• UnaBomber likes this

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

I hear ya loud and clear, people don't understand how ridiculous it is once the boost hits on the high gears, not to mention the runway in Ocala has the elevation change towards the end as you are coming in to max speed, quite a feeling to say the least.

Congrats on the run Bud, it was nice seeing you this weekend.

thanks buddy you too.  Car looked and ran great

TSM Built 2015 

19xx whp/13xx wtq

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

I couldn't even imagine how hard a A16 pulls on kill, and always remember these lambos are basically useless from a dig, just look how slowly they engage the clutch.. traffic is gonna be fun like that lol

Real thing is how often are you gonna drive your A16 on the streets and really make 15-20 wot pulls form x-6th gear  in a row?

yup gonna be rather occasionally.

I know there is no such thing as a problem free or perfect build, but I'd really like to see what exact whp level is 100% safe as stock. because stock is damn safe :)  that I know

nothing safe when you run it hard.  Everything including stock has its limits

• achenator likes this

TSM Built 2015 

19xx whp/13xx wtq

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha
Nice job Brian! It's tough to keep Sense impressed but being within 1% of the world record on your first outing says plenty to me :)
  • Tim, UnaBomber, jima and 1 other like this
-Jeff

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 1,078 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

This was my first 1/2 mile event.  I went as a spectator (actually got in with Jimmy as a Spray it Racing sponsor).  Lots of impressive cars.  GT-Rs all all levels were well-represented.  Hats of to Brian who I never got to meet (but got to stick my ear up to that badassed 4.4 exhaust note at idle).  Man, that car runs fine!  Jimmy's getting there too.  We all had a blast even when it was cold.  We cooked lunch on a Weber grill, which kept us warm(er).  Track sucked Day 1 but Day 2 was gorgeous turbo weather.  All in all, it was quite a spectacular event.

One clip of Jimmy's 191 run.

• Tim and jima like this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha
You southern guys are hilarious. If we get a 40 degree day in January up here you see people out jogging in shorts and celebrating.
  • cjmatt likes this
-Jeff

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,110 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Jeff I bet even your ass would of said Saturday was cold. So to us southerners it mas well been the Arctic
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 609 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14
I'm frommillinois and I thought it was cold sat morning, standing around out there didn't help.

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

A couple or few blown motors from what I hear. Man, racing is rough on the wallet.   

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wannagofast, airport, runway, drag racing, roll racing, half mile, 1/2 mile, topspeed motorsports, ocala, florida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users