Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM Goes Deeper 7s & Wins FL2K 2015!!!

* * * * * 1 votes alpha16 ams tsm dragracing fl2k 7s sevens topspeed motorsports 4.4 sheptrans

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

So this past weekend the TSM Team and I rolled down to Bradenton FL for FL2K 2015!!!

If you guys haven’t been to this event you should really give it a shot.  There is a great mixture of imports and crazy domestics and it really is a great time.   This isn’t one of those events where you can underestimate the domestic guys!  These guys are drag racers!  Serious drag racers!  In order to beat them you have to keep a cool head and be as consistent as the day is long.  We all know that isn’t super easy to do with the GT-R.  Running pass after pass within a couple tenths isn’t something that is easy but that is what must be done when you are running against true drag racers.   The fastest time doesn’t win.. the guy who out drives, out smarts, and keeps his car together.. he wins!  

We went down Thursday evening to get some testing but rain changed our plan.  Then rain again Friday and Saturday morning which really sucked!  But we persevered and all hung in there even through the downpour.  The guys at Bradenton Motorsports Park and FL2K crew did a great job keeping the spirit up and the track ready to race on.  I can’t say enough about how hard they all worked and how much the other racers and I appreciated it! 

The event moved pretty quickly as soon as the rain cleared early Saturday afternoon which was nice!  We ran the first pass at a higher power level than we have ever run before and found the limit of our triple 485 fuel pumps in the Fore Innovations basket.  We will be addressing that issue now for sure as we have never run out of fuel pump before.   However after that we turned the car back down to lower 40s for boost making around 1600whp.  

We focused on the front half of the track getting better.  We worked on the shock settings and tire pressure combinations to make sure our front half numbers were where they needed to be.   Consistency in that area is 99% of winning at an event like this.  Putting a big number on the board or making tons of power is great but the car must do the same thing over and over and over to WIN!   I want to thank Ruben Pino who is a good friend of my machine shop owners for helping us with watching the car and turning knobs to keep the tire planted and the car as stable as it could be!  The changes we made together were very noticeable from both outside and inside…as the driver I can tell you for sure!  Thanks man!!!

If you guys watch the video it pretty much tells the story.  The car ran 6 times during the event.  First pass was when it hit fuel cut because it was simply making too much power.  This is pretty exciting to me because it means that once I add a fuel pump I will be set to turn her back up and go back to the track!!! **Evil Grin**  The second pass was an 8.0 while we were working on putting the power down at the track and learning what it would take on the front half.   After that Rob and the team had learned the track and 7s were ours for the rest of the event.

The semi finals and finals is where it got interesting.  Round after round of eliminations the 4.4 TSM Alpha16 was consistent over and over again!  Coming down to the last two rounds was where it got fun!  Trying to hang with a couple of true drag cars and drivers that do this every time they can get to the track is something that I only aspire to!  My reaction times and driving are ok but nothing like some of these guys.

I can’t thank my engine builder Joe Irwin of FastForward Race Engines enough!  He is at the line with me, keeping me focused and making sure I have nothing to think about but drive the damn car!  The man sets me up to win round after round!  I’m just told where to go, how to get there and when to do what… then all I do is slide my foot off the brake at the right time and hold the hell on!!!  ….Ok maybe there is a little more to it than that, but I could not do what I do with a  clear mind without him! 

In the semi finals my reaction time was on point with the other car… we left at almost exactly the same time, but I knew we had the car to drive around him… which is exactly what happened.  When I pulled around to get the slip I was still half celebrating the round win then turned the dome light on to look at the time… Holy crap!!! 7.86!!!!  Heck Yes…new personal best and new Alpha16 Record!!!  Not a bad way to take the win for sure!  I pulled back to the trailer going crazy cause the team weren’t able to see the time…. I jumped out “We did it. We did it!!! Quickest Alpha16 record reset!!!”  Lots of hugs and happiness!!!  Thankfully my media guy was changing the battery on his camera during that time… so no one saw us acting a fool. lol!!!

The finals came around and I was racing an absolutely beautiful 8.0 second Mustang!  This meant that I could not be sleeping at the line in order to hang with him or catch him as the cars capabilities were very similar.   I stayed as focused as I could rolling into the staging lights… focused on the lights dropping… Well evidently the intimidation of the "lime green-wheeled GT-R running 7s most the day" got to the gentleman in the other lane because he left just a bit early causing a red light!  I saw the light come on when we launched together but he stayed in it so I did too!  Even with the red light we were able to drive around him at the 1/8th mile and pull several cars on him before the finish line!  We WON!!!!

I could not be more proud of and happy with both my team and this car!  My guys have done an absolutely amazing job putting this thing together and foreseeing things before they happen!  Being consistent and winning events is not a simple thing!  Renting a track privately and having it prepped just for you is one thing. While it is awesome setting records, it is just an added accomplishment for these guys that we do it during events at tracks all over the country.  Not to mention I love, love the competition, comradery and excitement of lining up next to someone during competition!  It’s a huge rush!!!

I want to thank all of my sponsors and supporters!  We have a great team of people behind us and absolutely the best of the best parts bolted to the TSM Shop car because of our sponsors and the amazing relationships we have built with them!  Thank you to everyone that has added to both this car and invested in TSM!!! I pray it will continue to be a wise, quality investment for you all!

Special thanks to two companies/people!! (no order of importance :) )

Our in house tuner Rob of RobTuned!!!  His insight into what the car needs and will take is awesome! He is a joy to work with and without question can make a car put power to the ground with the best in the business!  I am very proud of what he has been able to accomplish given the tools to make power and go fast!

My awesome friends Joe and his wife Gina owners of Fast Forward Race Engines who are the heart and soul behind all of our GT-Rs!  They not only build the baddest ass GT-R engine in the entire industry, but also are a support at the race track that I never want to be without!  The 4.4 in my shop car and others in customer's cars have taken a beating like you wouldn’t believe!  The engine in the TSM Shop car has been in the car for event after event without refreshing… it just keeps taking a beating at crazy power levels and keeps going!  I can’t say enough about them as an addition to our team at all!

Well so far it has been a pretty awesome year for the 4.4 Alpha16 Shop car… 210+ countless times in the standing half with WannaGoFAST, Runner up @ TX2K, Winner @ Buschur Shootout, Winner @ FL2K, Quickest Alpha16/37r in the world over and over and over!!!

Can’t wait to see what 2016 holds for my team!

P.S.  This is my favorite video we have ever done… take the time to watch it if you can…. I think you will all enjoy every bit of it. 

Sequence%2001.Still005_zpsvovhflo9.png

1_zps9gzxpfzq.png

2_zpssowg35gf.png

• Tim, ALPHA Performance, ian.r and 7 others like this

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.594 & 189.51

-Fastest Customer @ 7.70@180

-Fastest Stock Frame Turbo GT-R In the World @ 8.14@170

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 206.4 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 218MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

ALPHA Performance

ALPHA Performance

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,700 posts
  • Joined 18-December 12

Great outing and fantastic video Cicio! You have an amazing team and have earned every bit of the success that has come your way.

Thank you as always for choosing us to be a part of it.

Eric

Ty Curtin

ty@amsperformance.com 

World's First Nissan R35 GT-R in the 9's, 8's 7's AND THE 6's!!!!!!!

AlphaG - 6.93 @ 196 mph

Alpha Q - 7.05 @ 209  | Alpha Omega - 7.48 @ 193 | Alpha X (CMC) 7.61 @ 189 | Alpha X (DriveWire) 7.62 @ 190 | Alpha X (Curtis) 7.66 @ 187 

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Man so bad ass in that weather as true Floridian it was hot as shit out there,but you guy's still managed to best your previous record. Sick Vid and hat you have on there

good catching up and getting to see everybody..you guys rocked it all weekend   :beer2:

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

MikeMAN987

MikeMAN987

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 11-May 14

That's insane Cicio....never expected the A16 setup to be pushed the way you guys have.  Nice work to the whole crew!!!!

Fleet History:

2011 Lamborghini LP570-4 Superleggera
2013 Audi S4
2015 BMW M4 - Sold
2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo - Sold
2013 BMW M5 - Sold
2015 Subaru WRX Sti - Sold
2014 GTR Black Edition BL1300x -1xxx whp/1xxx wtq
2009 GTR - FBO E85 - Sold
2006 E60 BMW M5 - Sold
2006 Evo 9 MR - Sold
2004 B6 Audi S4
2003 Evo 8 - Sold
1999 Audi A4 - Sold
1998 Honda Civic EX - Sold
1991 Dodge Spirit - Sold

​Support  your local Rappers...https://youtu.be/XVW...A831A39691B8EBD

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 1,036 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Man so bad ass in that weather as true Floridian it was hot as shit out there,but you guy's still managed to best your previous record. Sick Vid and hat you have on there

good catching up and getting to see everybody..you guys rocked it all weekend   :beer2:

I love the video.  It shows the impressive work by the entire TSM team.  The speedo/tach shot was great.  I had never seen the power band in that beast.  Plus, you end up with the ladies at the end :)   That's one happy ending!

• Tim likes this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,018 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Fuck yeah GTR Heritage cap in the winners circle!

Nice work Cicio! Congrats!

Dave
  • Tim, HiBoost and 7racer like this

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 560 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12
  • LocationHilton Head Island, SC

killing it as always brother

cant wait to get mine shookdown and learn how to drive it

TSM Built 2015 

4.4 Billet block, ETS Pro1900 Turbos 
19xx whp/13xx wtq

213mph Half Mile, 7.64@184, 1.23 60 foot

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

2.8, PTE6766, ProEFI 8xx whp

Xsuil

Xsuil

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13
Dem chicks do

rCfhnEM.jpg

Phase 1 : 

- Topspeed Motorsports 4.0 Engine .
- ETS HTA 3794 Turbo Kit .
- 1460 HP @ 38 PSI
- 1100 HP @ 25 PSI

Phase 2 :
- Topspeed Motorsports 4.1 Engine .
- ETS Little Hero Super99 Turbo Kit .
- 1500+ HP @ 40 PSI
- 1000  HP @ 21 PSI

Phase 3 : In Progress 
- T1 Race Development 3.8 Engine .

- DMS Custom Forward Facing Turbo Kit.

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

killing it as always brother

cant wait to get mine shookdown and learn how to drive it

Really a bummer that you broke the diff first pass but we will get it back to the track ASAP!

Thanks as always for all your support man!  You can see you jumping around like crazy in that video and it made me smile big time!!!

• Tim likes this

~Cicio

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 560 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

did I see a A16 badge on your car hahaha 

Great impressive Stuff Topspeed !!

yessir, its the same build as cicios now

• Tim, 7racer, LTHL VNM and 1 other like this

TSM Built 2015 

19xx whp/13xx wtq

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 560 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

Really a bummer that you broke the diff first pass but we will get it back to the track ASAP!

Thanks as always for all your support man!  You can see you jumping around like crazy in that video and it made me smile big time!!!

i almost knocked miller over i was so excited lol

• Tim and Sense like this

TSM Built 2015 

19xx whp/13xx wtq

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

Arkmae

Arkmae

Stage 4 Member

• 625 posts
  • Joined 16-July 14
  • LocationSydney, Australia

wow guys that is so badass! congrats!

ADM MY12 Nissan GT-R Ivory Pearl

Precision Automotive Racing PR12 3.8L -  TSM Elite Plus - Shep 1K - Motec - Boostlogic Manfold + Extra Rail - ID1050x / ID1700 12 Injector Setup - Fore Triple Pump

"I come from a land Down-Under"

Instagram: @arkmae

Elganja

Elganja

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 15-September 13
badass ... congrats!
***SOLD*** 2014 Pearl White Nissan GTR Black Edition (SBD1000 + FBO), Baker Performance Built, Ben Linney Tuned
--9.040@153.00mph on SBD1000's
--9.575 @ 141.43mph on e85 (Stock Turbo World Record Holder)
--10.025 @ 135.12mph on 93 Octane (Stock Turbo 93 Oct World Record Holder)
--2015 TX2K GTR Class 1 Champion

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,380 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

totally awesome!!!  Congrats guys!

road racing crowns, drag racing crowns...what's next!

In7anity!!

vegasgtr

vegasgtr

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 760 posts
  • Joined 12-December 12

congrats! car is taking a beating and keeps on ticking. Great driving!! car is a handful !

taking Kisco's Lunch money..

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Thanks guys!  Appreciate the kind words! 

vegas the car is so much fun to drive for me.  Like I get goosebumps watching the video cause I just wanna get back in the thing and turn it up more!!!  I'm lucky to have Joe my machine shop owner because he always lines me up in the groove perfectly or it would be even harder!  I got out of the grove one time on one of those high powered passes and it was like talking a woman into a threesome to get her to come back straight :) 

Her and I have a deal tho... I ask her to do something gently and nicely... and she doesn't kill me!   So pretty much just like any relationship I have ever been in. LOL!!!!

• Tim likes this

~Cicio

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

godzila2009

godzila2009

Stage 4 Member

• 932 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

lol

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 560 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

Thanks guys!  Appreciate the kind words! 

vegas the car is so much fun to drive for me.  Like I get goosebumps watching the video cause I just wanna get back in the thing and turn it up more!!!  I'm lucky to have Joe my machine shop owner because he always lines me up in the groove perfectly or it would be even harder!  I got out of the grove one time on one of those high powered passes and it was like talking a woman into a threesome to get her to come back straight :)

Her and I have a deal tho... I ask her to do something gently and nicely... and she doesn't kill me!   So pretty much just like any relationship I have ever been in. LOL!!!!

lol love it

TSM Built 2015 

19xx whp/13xx wtq

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha
I'm going to call the ASPCA on you for abusing all those ponies ;) Hats off to TSM, you guys have had an amazingly consistent year which is, IMO, always the hardest thing to do in racing.
-Jeff

RobTuned

RobTuned

Stock

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 09-September 15
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

totally awesome!!!  Congrats guys!

road racing crowns, drag racing crowns...what's next!

Don't forget about all the car show trophies Cicio has!  :P

I couldn't be more proud to be a part of this! 

• Tim and 7racer like this

Specializing in Remote and Travel tuning

In House Tuner at TopSpeed Motorsports

Other Tuning Locations Here

-Quickest R35 GT-R on a Radial Tire 7.997@174

-World's Quickest Alpha 16 GT-R 7.86@176

-First MoTec Equipped R35 in the 7's 7.997@174

-World's Quickest Nismo GT-R (EcuTek) 9.72@138

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alpha16, ams, tsm, dragracing, fl2k, 7s, sevens, topspeed motorsports, 4.4, sheptrans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users