Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM Alpha16 goes 212mph @ WannaGoFAST

- - - - - wgf tsm ams alpha wannagofast topspeed half mile tsm engines robtuned

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 997 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

As they say better late than never on this TSM event coverage.  :)

I have personally been a little backed up with coming out of WGF and trying to get cars ready for FL2K just a couple weeks away. 

I will keep this somewhat short and to the point which is not usually my style but I’m sure you guys will forgive me at some point.

So last weekend was the standing half mile event WannaGoFAST in Clayton, GA at the beautiful Heavens Landing Airfield.   We went up to the event with 4 GT-Rs making over 1200hp and a hand full of cars making 800+

The weekends goal for the lower HP cars was simply for everyone to be supported and have as much fun with getting as many runs as they could.  I believe we met and exceeded that goal!  I had a couple customers telling me how much fun they were having getting to lap there cars in the 170-185mph range.  We had a ProEight car, one Pro1K, an Alpha9, I think an ETS30R car and a few bolt on GT-Rs all running both days!  Each on of them got to beat on their cars over and over and drive them home without issue which always makes for a good time. 

As for the higher HP cars with us:

-Shop Alpha16
-Chicago Motorcars Alpha16
-Unabomber's Alpha12
-Achenator’s Alpha12

So as a recurring theme the TSM goals for the weekend

#1. Win!!!
#2. Everyone Goes 200mph
#3. Be safe, have fun and keep the cars in one piece

I feel like those are pretty sound goals to just keep as a theme for all half miles from here on out. 

So Saturday morning we opened the day with a pass from the TSM 4.4ltr Alpha16 vs. Unabombers Alpha12.  Both cars off the trailer opened up the competition for the day.  Unabombers car being it’s very first half mile event after his rebuilt (I’ll be posting a thread about that soon) we let it eat on mejium boost.  He crossed the line at 195mph first pass.  The shop Alpha16 we let eat a little harder since she was a veteran… she has been on the same setup doing half miles for over a year now so she knows what she is doing :)   The TSM 4.4 A16 doing work at 4500ish DA ripped off a 207mph first pass!   That pass was good enough to stand as the fastest Sponsor car for the entire day long! 
I wanna make sure and say congrats to the privateer there with the UGR Lamborghini ripping off and AWESOME 218mph pass.  He was named fastest of the day on Saturday and well deserved.   He however had issues on Sunday and had to retire the car to the trailer after a lower 200mph pass.  

Sunday Morning we opened the same way however the air was nice and chilly so I told Rob our in house tuner from RobTuned to lean on the TSM 4.4 just a little harder than normal so we could see if we could crack 210 even given the elevation!   I must say the shop car rolled out harder than I have ever felt it pull!  By 3rd gear I was yelling in my helmet go baby go!!!  I looked in the mirror and was pulling considerably harder than the morning before on Brian… ole girl was doing work and loving every second of it!   Tearing across the finish line I knew it was fast.. like fast fast!  Unfortunately when I got to the speed tent I was informed that even tho they had tested the speed traps right before my run (100mph pull in a minivan :D) that a wonderful spider hand spun a web on the lens and my time wasn’t recorded.   Kinda a bummer as I knew the car had never gone that fast but I also wasn’t worried about her backing it up!   We waited an hour to let the car cool and even the the temperature / DA had risen considerably we gave it another shot!  The backup pull felt amazing as well… I could tell just because of the air being a bit thinner it wasn’t quite laying down what it did the first pass but good lord it still felt mean as hell!!! Around to the timing booth I drove to meet my WGF buddy Jon waiting for me with my slip… he had a sad look shaking his head like I didn’t go fast… then handed me the slip and got all smiles… 212MPH!!!  Heck yeah!!!  Fastest The TSM 4.4 Alpha16 had ever gone in the standing half and a new GT-R record at the GA WGF Event!!!       After look at the logs the first pass was for sure a little faster but 212 was fast enough to take our personal best even given the elevation as well as win the event overall!!! 

Well Parin the driver of the Chicago Motorcars Alpha16 made a few passes in the car though the day.  His car is also a TSM 4.4 Engine with a ShepTrans.  He beat on her for a good portion of the day making his fastest pass of 204mph!!!  Just to give you guys an idea that car is absolutely full weight plus some.  It has stock seats, stock body panels and full stock interior!  That is the same car that took second this year at the Buschur shootout!  If you are interested in that story you can read it here http://www.gtrherita...-shootout-2015/ Parin does a great job wheeling that car at speeds over 200mph and even tho he has tons of other cars he continues to tell me the TSM Alpha16 GT-R is his absolute favorite car he owns.   Given his list of cars that is a amazing compliment!!!  Looking forward to see that car continue to lay down the numbers at the up coming FL2K and TX WGF events!

This was Unabombers first half mile back after having an accident in his 09 GT-R a few months ago.  We made some fresh magic happen on a brand new 2015 in short order and got him back in the driver seat to give this brand new car the beating that only he could give :)   Anyone that knows Brian can attest to that and agree with me whole heartedly I’m sure.   In typical Unabomber fashion he ran the car over and over all weekend without so much as a hickup!  The car went high 195 to 202 pass after pass even given the high elevation and raising DA!  That is saying a lot for an Alpha12 with limited turbo breath at elevation for sure!  We are super proud of his 4.4 TSM Engine that continues to lay down the times at event after event.   His car still holds the Alpha12 half mile record with a 206.99 in Ocala in January.  Here is a link to that story if you are interested. http://www.gtrherita...0-x4-the-story/ The whole weekend Brian and his wife hung out with us in our cabin as usual and Brian was able to just without issue run his 200+mph car at his leisure!  What an awesome feeling as a shop owner to have a customer get to just enjoy his car like that!  One of the things I love the most about Brian… he is the first one at the track, with the biggest smile on his face, beats the crap out of the car and goes home with a bigger smile.  :)  

Last but not even close to least, mIany of you know and love the Achenator!  This man has been doing events with us for a couple years!  In May i believe it was he brought his family up to the Clayton WGF event and had a blast with the whole family.  We have been at a few half miles with this car in the quest for 200mph but we were all pretty set and determined this was the weekend it was going to happen.  His car is a standard off the shelf Alpha12 with the re-routed dumps, 3” downpipes and 3” intakes powered by a TSM 4.1 Engine driven by a ShepTrans.   In May we ran the car in a little hotter weather and were able to run a 197mph consistently but it was time to crack that 200 barrier.  So after a few passes making sure everything was on point we turned up the boost a little and pulled a few tricks out…. We all watched and cheered as Achenator ripped through the beams at 200.89mph!!!   I think I jumped 4ft off the ground LOL!!!  Congratulations man!!! Great job wheeling the car and thank you as always for the support!!!

One more thing happened this past weekend that is definitely worth mentioning to me.  Unabomber and I have a mutual friend that many of you that come to events know.  His name is Chris! Chris has a TT Mustang that he has worked on for quite some time to get all put together and running strong!  He has done much of the work himself and simply has put tons and tons and tons of love into this car.  Well during the September WGF Chris hit the goal he has been shooting for and struggling to get for all this time!  183mph in a RWD stick shift Mustang!!!!!!!   Holy Crap!!  We are all so proud of him! He has been a great friend and support to TopSpeed and from all of us here we just want to say congrats man!!! You worked hard for it and it paid off!  Good job!

I wanna make sure and thank our in house tuner Rob Harper of RobTuned for being trackside with us the entire weekend and supporting all the customers at the highest level!  His tuning and strategy when it comes to putting usable power to the ground to actually go fast is amazing!  I have worked with a lot of tuners over the years and Rob is amount the elite!!!  

So all in all just a great weekend, customers with huge smiles on their faces, Four GT-Rs over 200mph and not only a personal best for the TSM shop car but the Fastest GT-R ever to run the Heavens Landing event ever!  As always I wanna thank the staff from WannaGoFAST for putting on yet another impeccable event!  I absolutely love going to their events!  Blake and Layla the owners are simply awesome friends as well as true enthusiasts.  They do an amazing job at making sure everyone is having fun and is as safe as possible.  The whole staff are very dedicated and all just a huge group of car people that love the participants and it really shows!  Thanks again and I can’t wait tell TX!

Enjoy the two videos we put together as well as the few pictures I was able to round up! 

Thank you guys so much as always for the support!  Look for hopefully more awesomeness coming in a couple weeks at FL2K!!!

DSC_4182_zpsbhhcmcwd.jpg

DSC_3606_zpsmrfezksf.jpg

DSC_3833_zpsectt61np.jpg

DSC_4266_zpsciyqt888.jpg

DSC_3605_zpsj66po44c.jpg

DSC_4012_zpsuyblafpa.jpg

DSC_4172_zps044eolmm.jpg

DSC_4542_zpsqzpsuzef.jpg

DSC_4531_zpsxs5jwsk8.jpg

DSC_4501_zps8xmnhk4b.jpg

DSC_4395_zpsu0qu9x3r.jpg

www.topspeedmotorsports.com

• Tim, Skyliner, 7racer and 4 others like this

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.37 & 198

-Fastest Customer @ 7.52@192

-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 225.9 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 219.5 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 218.3 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

god7illa

god7illa

Stage 2 Member

• 278 posts
  • Joined 17-January 14
  • LocationOttawa, Canada
Wow that was fast! That's 341 in Canadian!

2009 Gun Metallic
Power:     2012 Turbo Inlets (ported by Dave@GotBoost),  Cobb catted Y-pipe,  GotBoost's 3" Intake,   Magnus tune: ~525 whp, ~550 wtq

Handling: Stillen front/rear sways,   '14 Track Ed struts/springs,  DBA LCAs,  ARP lugs,   Alcon/Carbotech brakes
Aero:        Stillen Front Splitter and Side Skirts,   Difflow 5 element rear diffuser
Convenience: 2014 MFD/NAV/Audio (legertas upgrade) w. front and rear cameras

Mr. Ess Hertz front/centre speaker/amp upgrade,   JL Audio SX600/1 + 2x8" Subs (my own "kit")
                       CarKitCompany RRR Memory Box

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,600 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Life goals. 

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 466 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
I thought this was going to be short?.. JK :D

Congrats guys, what an awesome achievement!

Sorry I missed this one, I have to plan better to make it to the next one for sure!

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

Carmiwrx

Carmiwrx

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
  • LocationClarkesville, GA
Very cool, I stopped by your shop and I think you might've been preparing for this event. Awesome facility you have there!
RIP: C. O, E. H., C.S-K.

I popped my motor after 4yrs and 8k miles which all of them were hard miles like a dude fucking his first piece of pussy after doing 5yrs in the joint. -Tim S.

GTR heritage - come get some!

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,110 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

What great weekend for everybody,You guys laid it down !!!

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,714 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

Superb photos!

Skyliner

Skyliner

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,770 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

Wow that was fast! That's 341 in Canadian!

Km/h ain't Canadian bro.... It's European!

Posted Image

god7illa

god7illa

Stage 2 Member

• 278 posts
  • Joined 17-January 14
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Km/h ain't Canadian bro.... It's European!

Uh, yeah - while we've been using Metric (inc. km/h) since the early 70's (and I was in school then so you can roughly extrapolate my age if you care),  I'm well aware that the Metric system is not a CDN invention.    ;)

I didn't think I would have to explain that my comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

• Tim and Skyliner like this

2009 Gun Metallic
Power:     2012 Turbo Inlets (ported by Dave@GotBoost),  Cobb catted Y-pipe,  GotBoost's 3" Intake,   Magnus tune: ~525 whp, ~550 wtq

Handling: Stillen front/rear sways,   '14 Track Ed struts/springs,  DBA LCAs,  ARP lugs,   Alcon/Carbotech brakes
Aero:        Stillen Front Splitter and Side Skirts,   Difflow 5 element rear diffuser
Convenience: 2014 MFD/NAV/Audio (legertas upgrade) w. front and rear cameras

Mr. Ess Hertz front/centre speaker/amp upgrade,   JL Audio SX600/1 + 2x8" Subs (my own "kit")
                       CarKitCompany RRR Memory Box

Jimefam

Jimefam

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 18-February 13
Was really impressed with how every one of your cars performed specially given the altitude. Would have loved to see what the shop car did on that first pass Sunday but I guess we will save the 215 pass for January ;)
  • Tim likes this

ALPHA Performance

ALPHA Performance

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,702 posts
  • Joined 18-December 12

FANTASTIC work gentleman!!!!!!

We are honored to be a part of your accomplishments and proud that you continue to choose our products :)

Ty Curtin

ty@amsperformance.com 

World's First Nissan R35 GT-R in the 9's, 8's 7's AND THE 6's!!!!!!!

AlphaG - 6.93 @ 196 mph

Alpha Q - 7.05 @ 209  | Alpha Omega - 7.48 @ 193 | Alpha X (CMC) 7.61 @ 189 | Alpha X (DriveWire) 7.62 @ 190 | Alpha X (Curtis) 7.66 @ 187 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wgf, tsm, ams, alpha, wannagofast, topspeed, half mile, tsm engines, robtuned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users