Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nismo GT-R The new Nismo Announcement

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

latest update:

nissan-gt-r-nismo_1600x0w.jpg

Here are the latest spy prototypes of the nismo R35 / 2015 GT-R brought to you first by GT-R Heritage ;)

gtr1.jpg

gtr2.jpg

So, ive been too busy, but here is some info on the new nismo announcements. There is more to come from Nismo, just wait and see.

This image was sent to us by a fan. its an artist rendition at a Japanese magazine that is said to closely resemble to the 2015 GT-R Redesign. you can see the similarities with the below prototypes. The article also confirms there are rumors (doesnt confirm that there will be lol) of revise tires, suspension and lighter and better performing brake system, 7 Speed Transmission for better gas millage, a better 0-100km/h by at least .1 sec and also a target time of 7:15 on the ring

new gtr1.jpg

New Global Headquarters in Yokohama heralds new era for Nismo
Nismo to create a range of affordable performance Nissan models from small cars to flagship sports cars
Juke Nismo is the first, followed by new 370Z Nismo
New GT-R Nismo, the ultimate Nissan performance road car, announced
Nissan's global motorsport program to be managed by Nismo

YOKOHAMA, Japan (Feb. 26, 2013) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today kicked off a new era for Nismo, confirming it as Nissan's exclusive global performance road car and motorsport brand and officially opening the new Nismo global headquarters and development center in Yokohama, Japan.

Nismo is already well-known to motorsports and performance car enthusiasts in Japan and to millions of global gaming enthusiasts. Now, Nismo is poised for accelerated global impact, enhancing Nissan's reputation for innovation and excitement with a new line-up of sporty Nissan road cars.

In a special ceremony today, Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn declared the new headquarters open and explained how Nismo will play a more prominent role for the company's performance car and motorsport activities.

"Nismo will bring new excitement to the Nissan portfolio with a broader range of affordable and innovative performance models for more markets and more people," said Mr. Ghosn. "Whether it's a small car or a sports car, if it's wearing the Nismo badge it offers something special - quality, functionality, and efficiency, with Nismo's distinctive styling, sporty handling and dynamic performance capabilities."

The first new Nissan road car to get the Nismo treatment, the Juke Nismo, is already on sale in Europe and Japan and launches in the U.S. in the second quarter of this year.

A new version of the 370Z Nismo for European markets is the next Nismo road car, which made its world debut earlier this month and builds on the platform of Nissan's most popular and accessible sports car.

Nissan is promising a rapid pace of introduction of even more Nismo models, at least one model every year during the Nissan Power88 period, encompassing the breadth of the Nissan road car range. This will include the flagship of Nissan's performance and technology, the GT-R.

"It would be unthinkable for us to develop a range of Nismo road cars without including the GT-R," said Mr. Ghosn. "The standard road car is a global supercar and the GT-R's performance on track reflects the passion and talents of the Nismo team. The GT-R Nismo will be special and I can't wait to drive it."

New home for NISMO

Nissan has invested in an entirely new facility for Nismo's operations, redeveloping a former production site to give it the resources for expanding beyond motorsport engineering and expert involvement in NISMO road cars Nissan will be developing.

The new headquarters facility allows the Nismo team to be co-located in one place, bringing together the functional areas for Nismo's key activities and technical and competition expertise under one roof.

The 180-strong team is now located inside Nissan's Powertrain Engineering complex. The workshop, engine shop, rooms for fabrication, grinding and carbon composite processes are consolidated into the same floor space along with the parts warehouse. A new larger showroom allows up to eight vehicles to be displayed, while the retail area is now almost twice the size of the previous store in the Omori factory.

"This is a great move for Nismo as we can now shift gears to operate more efficiently and expand the brand globally," explained Nismo President, Shoichi Miyatani.

"Nismo is a key element in Nissan's future global road car and motorsports strategy and we will quickly establish it as Nissan's exclusive performance brand," added Mr. Miyatani. "This is the first time that all of our team has been located together, and the entire facility will become a hothouse of passion and performance."

The NISMO spirit

At the heart of each new Nismo road car will be a consistent DNA focused on delivering quality, functionality, and efficiency in every day driving with Nismo's distinctive styling, sporty handling and dynamic performance capabilities.

Nissan's new range of Nismo performance road cars will be built on the same production lines as their standard counterparts, which combined with inspiration taken from decades of racing and tuning expertise means that the Nismo brand ensures fully integrated performance enhancements.

Every modification Nismo makes to a road car will be functional and targeted to improve on-road performance and presence.

The spirit of Nismo relies on its proud motorsport heritage and a maverick engineering philosophy. This spirit will be reflected in every new Nismo model with efficient performance, accessible and advanced technology, and bold, smart design, all of which embody Nissan's philosophy of innovation that excites.

Connecting the virtual with the real

Nismo is known around the world by millions through the virtual world of driving simulation games. In fact, the first opportunity to drive a Nissan Juke Nismo was provided virtually, through the game Asphalt 7: Heat.

Now, at the same time as Nismo is moving from race track to road, it is also moving from the virtual world to the real world as, for the first time in many markets around the world, a range of affordable Nismo-badged cars will be available from Nissan dealers.

"For many would-be Nismo customers, one of the very few occasions to experience a Nismo performance road car has been through a game like Sony Computer Entertainment's Gran Turismo® series," said Simon Sproule, Nissan's corporate vice president for Marketing and Communications. "Now we can bring them into the family of Nissan owners with an exciting, real Nismo car created by a dedicated and experienced team that is fully linked to the digital world and well aware of what these new customers are looking for in a performance road car."

Performance for the road and track

The spirit and inspiration for Nismo started with a group of maverick Nissan engineers almost fifty years ago. In their efforts to boost car sales through racing success, they shoehorned a powerful engine into an ordinary Nissan saloon to create the first of a legendary line of sporty road cars with the Nissan Skyline 2000GT.

What came next was a run of highly successful competition and performance road cars in Japan, culminating in the birth of Nismo itself in 1984.

With the digital generation, Nissan realised the power of the Nismo legend by working with game creators to create both real and virtual stars and expose a whole generation to the potential for tuning and winning in these cars. Last year alone, over 500 million virtual miles were driven in Nissan vehicles on Gran Turismo®5 for PlayStation®3.

Now, as Nismo accelerates to become a global performance car brand specializing in delivering affordable, exciting and innovative performance versions of Nissan cars, the lessons learned from almost half a century of racing can be applied consistently to give drivers a surprising and rewarding ownership experience.

NISMO Expands Role in Motorsport

Nismo's new charter will also impact Nissan's future motorsport activities, where it is expected to boldly enhance Nissan's reputation for excitement and innovation.

Nismo is taking on global responsibility for managing Nissan's motorsport program which includes top level competition in every region of the world.

"Nissan's continued commitment to a variety of motorsports programs around the world from the Altima in the Australian V8 Supercars to Super GT in Japan, but we also intend to surprise people by exploring advanced forms of motorsport," explained Mr. Miyatani. "Our experience a spirit of pushing the boundaries even further helps us to raise awareness of Nismo around the world, but more importantly it means we can transfer the lessons we learn into tangible benefits for our customers, whether for Nismo road cars, race cars or tuning parts."

nismo GT-R info

• Next NISMO road car will be higher performance version of Nissan’s iconic flagship sports car – the GT-R NISMO – joins JUKE NISMO and 370Z NISMO

• Extensive experience with GT-R race cars will inspire NISMO to create the ultimate GT-R for the road

YOKOHAMA, Japan (February 26, 2013) – NISMO is about to work its magic on the famed Nissan GT-R as the flagship of a new range of performance models. 

Nissan Motor Co., Ltd announced today that NISMO, its dedicated global performance road car and motorsports arm, is developing a new, higher-powered road version of the iconic Nissan GT-R.

The GT-R NISMO will be the third NISMO-badged model to emerge from Nissan’s performance-oriented brand as part of a strategy to add a range of exciting, innovative performance models across the Nissan range.

NISMO, with a new global headquarters near Yokohama, Japan officially opening today, already has deep experience in developing and preparing the Nissan GT-R for the racetrack. That expertise will go into creating GT-R NISMO.

“It would be unthinkable for us to develop a range of NISMO road cars without including the GT-R,” said Nissan President and Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn. “The standard road car is a global supercar and the GT-R’s performance on track reflects the passion and talents of the NISMO team. The GT-R NISMO will be special and I can’t wait to drive it.”

Already a legendary name to millions of video gamers and motorsports fans around the world thanks to Sony’s Gran Turismo® video racing series and Skyline’s on-track success since 1969, it’s no wonder that, together with acclaim for its road-going versions from leading automotive publications, the GT-R has achieved cult status.

The NISMO team’s intimate knowledge comes from their involvement in racing the GT-R and is a good precursor to the development of the new NISMO road car which will be based on the 2014 GT-R.

“We know that enthusiasts around the world will be itching to know more about the forthcoming GT-R NISMO,” said NISMO President Shoichi Miyatani. “It’s too early to share any details yet, but fans can be certain we’ll be applying all of our motorsport expertise to creating a GT-R NISMO worthy of the name.”

The production 2014 model year Nissan GT-R has received evolutionary design and engineering enhancements based around feedback from competing in last year’s 24-Hours Nürburgring, and its success in Super GT and Global GT series. 

As a result, the vehicle's overall performance has been dramatically increased, high-speed stability improved and ride quality vastly more refined.

In development now, the new GT-R NISMO will sit at the top of the new Nissan NISMO range of performance vehicles, and be available alongside the standard model in Nissan’s specialized GT-R dealerships next year.

Technical specifications and performance figures will be released closer to launch.

• BCpuller likes this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
They're also running Garage 56 at Le Mans with an electric car, and they are trying to bring that technology to LMP1.

http://www.endurance...ocus-16101.html

GTRDREAM

GTRDREAM

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12
  • LocationFort Lauderdale
very cool I'm curious what they will do with the GT-R. From what I saw on the Nismo 370Z it looked exactly like the 09 Nismo Z.
2009 Titanium GT-R

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 691 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13
  • LocationPortland OR

I am familiar with the Nismo name, but not many specifics about how "potent" their tuning is, versus the standard non-Nismo models.  I remember a friend who once had a 350Z with Nismo suspension say that it wasn't that great.  Is the 370Z Nismo significantly better than the Sport version?  I know there is a slight power bump, but does the suspension perform much better?  Or are the most significant changes the bodykit and interior?

I ask because I'm very curious what they will do with the GT-R.  If it's mostly cosmetic changes, then this falls more into a marketing strategy than a performance one.  I'm not a hater...  just hoping they truly apply some performance enhancements.

2009 TITANIUM

"Anyone who tells me a good car is one that is light with high power to weight ratio is an amateur."  - Kazutoshi Mizuno

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
aftermarket will find more gains. ill talk more on it later. please discuss in the mean time

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 691 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13
  • LocationPortland OR

aftermarket will find more gains. ill talk more on it later. please discuss in the mean time

Yes, it will.  But I like staying stock, there is a purity to that, I have always gravitated towards.  When I pass a full-blown racecar at the track and the driver comes and finds my car afterwards and learns later that it was a bone stock car...  well, I like that.  And staying within warranty is always a plus.

Performance enhancements I wish for -

"High boost" button on steering wheel.  Similar to Spec-V but more potent.  Up the PSI to 14 or 15, good for 50hp for 10 seconds or something like that.  Put some practical limit on the number of times you can use within a certain amount of time, to prevent overstress/overheating.  I would guess this would let them retain their standard boost gas mileage rating, emissions specs, and keep everything under warranty because it is limited in use but still offer useable power in certain conditions, like being on a straight at the racetrack.

Suspension tuning - offer premium, uprated components slanted more towards performance.  Bigger range of adjustment (camber) for racetrack alignment settings.

Seats - the Spec-V seats are awesome, but bring down the price.

Wheels - offer a 10-inch or 10.5 inch front wheel size option.

Factory roll bar

Allow VDC-off without voiding warranty.

2009 TITANIUM

"Anyone who tells me a good car is one that is light with high power to weight ratio is an amateur."  - Kazutoshi Mizuno

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
warranty is good! lets also remember there was suppose to be a nismo and nismo rs version. then the 2013 gt3 gtr with its up rated engine internal. and will the nismo version replace the track pack.

also there are rumors of some sort of electronic kers or overboost like in spec-v.
new suspension aswell from the info gathered from kw suspension dyno.

max hp of gtr in 2018 is suppose to be 600hp. well see a gain next year and possibly a gain over that for a nismo version but if the main goal is still 600hp at 2018 they will be small gains.

with spec-v turbo over 600hp can be realized. also kers of some type can also be integrated for more power (which I've heard rumors of).

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
I've also heard better brakes and drivetrain cooling. which were suppose to come out this year but delayed due to nismo brand coming next year... hence the lack luster track pack this year... just a limited edition basically, a place holder until next and to test the waters of sales.

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

more pictures!

also the standard r35 is for the street. the nismo gt-r will be for track. http://www.carview.c.../news/1/181110/

Attached Images

• imgres192243_10_r.jpg
  • imgres192243_8_r.jpg
  • imgres192243_5_r.jpg
  • imgres192243_2_r.jpg
  • imgres192243_12_r.jpg
  • imgres192243_11_r.jpg
  • imgres192243_6_r.jpg
  • imgres192243_7_r.jpg
  • imgres192243_3_r.jpg

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

TSURUMI, Japan – Nissan Motor Company's NISMO arm began a new era yesterday, unveiling its global headquarters and enhanced performance-car and motorsports roles.

Building on NISMO versions of the Juke and 370Z, the brand will launch at least one new model a year during Nissan's current midterm business plan, including a new take on the flagship GT-R, said Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn.

"It's already a superior car, in terms of performance cars, but the GT-R NISMO is going to be the lion of the jungle," he said. "It's going to be really on top of everything we've offered so far. I'm very excited to see it coming to the market."

The special GT-R will be available within 12 months, he added, while on the track, NISMO will take on global responsibility for managing Nissan's motorsport program.

That includes top-level competition in every region from Australia's V8 Supercars to Super GT in Japan.

From 2014, NISMO will return to the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours race with a new car now under development.

Creating NISMO's new home in Yokohama involved redeveloping a former production site and giving it resources to go beyond the brand's historical strengths, said NISMO President Shoichi Miyatani.

"This is going to be the center hub of activities in future," he said.

For road cars, NISMO promises that every modification will be functional and targeted at improving on-road performance, from small models to the halo GT-R NISMO.

http://nissannews.co...smo-s-next-gear

Tim

Tim

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,237 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationSunny FLA

I dig that Bathroom...My wife would kill me.

WARNING: You are entering a Redneck area
You may encounter American flags Armed Citizens
The Lords Prayer and Country music
Alls Welcome

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

me too Tim!!!!!!!

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/105711

more on Nissan to build all-electric Le Mans car for 2014

http://www.nissan-mo...2013/13003.html

more here on motorsports perspective.

in english here http://www.nissan-mo...2013/13003.html

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

artist render of what the artists thinks the lemans car will look like

http://www.worldcarf...le-mans-in-2014

217281215558396876.jpg

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

http://www.thetrutha...isses-so-badly/

lots of pics and info!

hmmm, i wonder what this is? 

Attached Images

• 003 (2).jpg

tyndago

tyndago

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13

My take on what we might see with the Nismo R35 GT-R.   

http://www.2009gtr.c...n-for-2015.html

OGT+Nismo+R35+GT3+GTR.jpg

420mm+rotors.JPG

Nurburgring+GT-R+MY+2012_22-09-2011_7.JP

http://www.2009gtr.c...n-for-2015.html

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
good write up Sean!
i noticed dunlop slicks in some pics... maybe a future optional tire.

tyndago

tyndago

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13

good write up Sean!
i noticed dunlop slicks in some pics... maybe a future optional tire.

There are probably some things missing out of there.  I am looking forward to how the Nismo does. I think we will see some unique things, stuff you can't just "get" aftermarket. 

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 691 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13
  • LocationPortland OR

My take on what we might see with the Nismo R35 GT-R.  

420mm+rotors.JPG

Those are some giant hats on those rotors.  I've seen some aftermarket brake kits where the rotor size is increased, but the caliper/pad size is not.  For example, the AP 390mm rotors with a spacer for 09-11 GT-R's.  Is there a downside to not having the pad touch the full face of the rotor?  On the pic you provided, I wonder why the hat is so large and the caliper is so small.  I would think a very large pad/caliper along with a very large rotor surface area would be preferrable for dissipating heat...(?)

2009 TITANIUM

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,427 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
center lock and brake cooling to the center hub.

sports

sports

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 457 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

Correspond to what "Ian" said to his above post. Heat dissipation on Larger Rotor better vs smaller Rotor.

Answer your question why larger rotor/hat but small caliper..

Reason being is similar to Mechanical leverage. Try turning over a nut with a 1 foot bar; then a 5 foot bar. With equal pressure and contact area of the rotor farther away from the hub will exert greater force on the car, therefore you don't really need bigger caliper.

rotor.gif

B. would better option to dissipate heat and stopping power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users