Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2-4 weeks turned into 8 weeks and counting

- - - - - build power whp

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,638 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Should do the NI69 with hubs, but most shops are sold out

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Hows car?    Mine finally got motor in and now on startup oil sensor is reading 290* So now have to see if can change it without pulling motor.

What axels kit do we order for the car? With hubs or without?

Thanks

We got hot them... Mine has motor in I think ready to check it over and then fire her up and see whats what then get it tuned and out the door praise the lord!

We got the stubs shep said ten minute job and worth getting done

Edited by OuLikeBlueGTRs, 08 September 2015 - 04:37 PM.

• Tim likes this

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Probably since it got pinned I'd write my experience my car had 21 or 22k miles on it when this post was started and I'd not comeback except to thank Rob Harper, and a few of the guys who helped me out, and John Shepherd for all the great email exchanges we had.

I drove it another 24k miles after this post, did brakes, went through a set of clutches, upgraded them to the 9 plates, and drove those

My GTR experience between 6k miles when bought and 44k miles was a broken stock driveshaft from the R888s which John recommended going smaller, and a CV bolt backed out on me after around 17k miles of built use with ETS 3076R GTX ball bearing turbos. SO the tow was more than the cost of the bolt. 

AMAZING experience with the platform in my opinion.

What I ended up learning and I try to preach to everyone make sure you know what the shop is doing, don't just trust cause someones nice, or your buddy that something is being done correctly. 

I honestly think without Rob Harper my car would have had so so many problems that were avoided by someone who really knew what they were doing in controlling and protecting how the car was operating...

I learned after the new owner purchased the vehicle that

1.  As much as the shop preached not wanting to use SBD parts, and what a deal I was getting on a Greddy exhaust that I paid around 2k for just a rear section and my car was entirely running with that crap mid pipe... Fine in my opinion for when I was bolt ons and buying parts on my own. Not fine when the shop preached using non-SBD parts.

2. Valve cover gasket was leaking and while the car was being upgraded to nine plate clutches this was left to sit. For such an easy job and the kind of customer I am that would pay such a small price to fix a leak and clean the car off. Totally unacceptable

3. Stock headbolts were left in when my invoices have ARP head bolts... Again not massive like me paying 13k for an  ETS kit and getting one from SBD, but just little bits of milking all over. 

4. Charged for a 4 bar but had a 3bar

5. A few other minor things

And for all the time I spend privately being vocal for people who have done me right, and want to see their platform for success grow, I felt like I was simply used to exploit my $, to make a few bucks, which this post was from September of 2015. If a few $,$$$ tallied up, and a 1 time big build was worth turning me off as a customer, thats fine.  And it just means its not a consideration for my R8 build, or when GTR prices fall a tad more hopefully this summer... Meanwhile guys like Rob Harper I continue to really want to work with on future projects.  

The car ran up until the 600 mile drive it took home to its new owner, and while he had to deal with a few things I was totally unaware of or were misrepresented buried in invoices, I believe he's enjoying the car, and still made out on the overall deal. And got the car retuned with others who meet  his communication style.

The shop isn't listed simply because most of this was 2 years ago, he doesn't get enough GTR traffic [just me and a bolt on guy, who I believe now goes somewhere else] where I feel it was my duty to speak up, nor have I spoke to the shop post sale, as I was finding more and more out about my car. Again I don't like to rehash things from years ago, and I'm beyond grateful to Rob, Shep, ETS's quality, Fore, T1 with my catch can, and Injector Dynamics for how amazing the quality of their parts are that likely helped me avoid a catastrophic situation form someone who likely didn't value my business or his work as much as claimed. 

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 1 other like this

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

To be totally impartial I should probably write that after a few adjustments with the car, and fixing a few leaks, and other things that were neglected and not disclosed to me when I was the owner.

The new owner ran multiple 190 passes, with a best of 192.3 in the half mile and a 9.18@155 with radials which I'm still hoping he throws slicks on it so I can see what my girl does in its best possible 1/4 form... For a car that I drove from around 6k miles in November 2014 to its sale date with 43800 miles.. And another couple thousand by the new owner since he got it.

Even with all the minor beefs I listed above, the car I owned never ceases to amaze me. 

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 1 other like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,627 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
That's a nice update and sounds like the new owner is enjoying the car
  • OuLikeBlueGTRs likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

That's a nice update and sounds like the new owner is enjoying the car

I'm happy for the new owner, and my baby in general, that while he seemed to have some initial issues, and real fears finding stuff wrong with the car that neither one of us would have known about without a lift and tech help. That the cars been running hard and strong since he bought it in Feb. 

I just lucked out on the car from the start from 5k hard stock miles, to stock motor with the 710/650 mustang dyno numbers running that hard for 16k miles, and again on this build, where things were kinda rigged up and misrepresented that I didn't have some of the problems like the guys here.

He's gonna stay on top of it so I know just like me while it'll get pushed hard, its going to be loved, warmed up each time out [I always let it warm to 150/150 before doing anything above 3k-4k RPMS, I've since transitioned that practice to the R8 lol], and it'll be looked over often like I'd tried to do.

Edited by OuLikeBlueGTRs, 11 May 2017 - 08:48 AM.

• Tim likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: build, power, whp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users