Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cquartz for plastic metal...wheel coating

- - - - - cquartz dlux carpro wheel coating

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,544 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

POPULAR

On a recommendation from aaar35, he mentioned to coat my new wheels with cquartz.

A quick google found it at my favorite online store for ordering detailing stuff.

cquartz_Dlux_Kit_2__37346.1405463501.780.780.jpg

http://www.autogeek....uartz-dlux.html

http://www.carpro-us...aceted_search=0

it seems to be a silica based sealant.  After I put it on my new ADV1s I gave a go with my Finspeeds.

I just got the replacement wheel for the one I bent and notice how the finished looked a bit more dull on my older set.

When you apply the sealant, the finish returns and it seems you get an even more slippery surface!

Definitely something to think about for those getting new rims or new rims that are going to see track duty.  I think coating the barrel like aaar35 recommended helps a lot.

I did notice that on applying it does dry and if you go back over it will be a bit "tacky" and make a white film, so would suggest coating as quick as possible in a thin layer to the wheel.

• Tim, icarus, choerizo and 2 others like this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,544 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

however, no expert in this, and there might be better products that people like prophizee might recommend.

In7anity!!

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,714 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

I did the same on my forgelines... optiseal or opticoat (can't remember). After tracking them, had ZERO clag build up and was 1000x easier to clean. Well worth doing especially on new wheels.

• 7racer likes this

K-MAN

K-MAN

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 344 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

I have used this as well as Gtechnic, on my wheels. Both work well, however i track a ton, so it burns off after a while. I coated my car as well when i first got it and is still on in spots today. Over 2 years ago.

• 7racer likes this

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

I used this on my new wheels and the exterior plastic trim. I am wondering if anyone has used it on the CF diffuser on the rear of the car?

2016 Premium Cobb Stage 3; Cobb Downpipes, Cobb Y-Pipe, NISMO Ti Exhaust, Cobb 3" Intakes, ID1050X Injectors.

240Z TwinTurbo

240Z TwinTurbo

Stage 2.5 Member

• 259 posts
  • Joined 06-February 14
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

I just did 2 coatings of Cquartz on my hood and will be doing the rest of the car as well.  The regular Cquartz (not UK brand) is what you need for warmer climates so do your research on which one to buy.  First coat is very easy, but second coat took patience after drying to get it evened out.  Waited 24hrs and applied "CURE" and it looks great.  I did a lot of research on the coatings and bang for the buck this stuff should work well on your car and including rims.  For rims, you need to clean with IronX and also clay bar before coating.  Also, clean the rims completely with solution of 30% IPA so you have a good clean bonding surface for the coating.

Edited by 240Z TwinTurbo, 04 June 2018 - 04:11 PM.

• Tim and 7racer like this

2006 EVO IX (573hp/439tq)

2009 GTR Premium

Built RB26 with no home (everything is for sale...lots of stuff)

Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX35r Topmount Experiment
Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX3576r, Curt Brown 10:1 2L, R2's, 110octane, 573hp/439tq

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,714 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

pics?

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 3 Member

• 336 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
Going to try Gyeon Rim on my wheels. Will report back.
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

Formidable

Formidable

Stage 3 Member

• 388 posts
  • Joined 24-December 15
I have ceramic pro on my Advans. Clean up is super slick. Water beads off and the wheels stay clean for months, (granted I also have CCM brakes).

I think the coaters charged $50/wheel including barrels. Well worth it in my opinion.
  • 7racer likes this
2014 Premium | TSM Built Motor & Elite Plus 1124 AWHP | WGP Assembled & Tune | Shep 1K | Racing Brake | AMS | Unobtainium | Advan GT | Overtake | Varis | DCTMS | BRIDE | https://instagram.com/formidable_gtr

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,110 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Thanks for the info guys
  • Formidable likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 3 Member

• 336 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
Gyeon Rim ceramic coating works awesome.

Super easy to apply.

Brake dust blows right off my wheels with some wheel cleaner and a pressure washer. Water beads instantly afterwards. Makes keeping wheels clean a breeze.

Next question is how long this coating will last.
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,600 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

I use CQuartz on a few of my cars. Complete exterior/interior coating. 

CQuartz lasts 1-2 years if applied properly and cared for. You can use CarPro 'Reload' if the coating starts to lose it's hydrophobic effect. Otherwise it's pretty damn tough.

This stuff makes a night and day difference when cleaning your ride's!

• 7racer and socalaviator like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cquartz, dlux, carpro, wheel coating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users