Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RB Caliper Kit w/ZR1 Rotors

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Warren-RB

Warren-RB

Stage 4 Member

• 504 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

We have released a more affordable CCM brake kit with ZR1 rotors:

http://www.racingbra.../gtr-crp-02.htm

This kit is now available for pre-order*, it will have the same exact contents as CCM-X brake kit except ZR1 discs will be used.

We have designed the rear rotor with an offset to clear the backing plate, so this kit will be a direct and 100% bolt on installation, no trimming to rear backing

Rear Rotor Kit:

Rear%20Kit%20Non%20OE%20offset_zpslaqinu

Check this complete plug and play CCM brake kit and compare the price to Stillen/AP ST rotor kit, or other ZR1 rotor kits

if you have been researching and waiting for your dreaming CCM rotor or brake kit, this is it.

*PM or contact us (714-871-6392) for a special offer during pre-order period.

www.RacingBrake.com

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

Wow, $16k for a full bolt-on kit including uprated calipers and CCM rotors...  still expensive, but less than 1/2 the price of the Alcon CCX kit....

I'm going to be super-tempted to go to these CCM rotors once my current iron RB ones are done.

• 7racer likes this
2014 NISSAN GT-R
Racing Brake - HKS - GotBoost Performance - AMS

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,979 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Drumroll.....

Wait for it....

Looking it over carefully.

Warren is working with me.....

Shawn

• Tim and 7racer like this

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

One challenge is choice of pads for CCM rotors.  The premium choice seems to be Endless W007 for track or W008 for street which is big bucks $$$.  The ZR1 pads have a reputation to be not up to track use.  Will Racing Brake be developing a CCM-compatible pad?

2014 NISSAN GT-R

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

Here is Alcon's CCX kit...  nice for sure, but $35,000 !!!!!!!

http://www.speedfors...kit-p-2470.html

Endless W007 front and rear pads...  $785 each per pair!

http://speedfreaksus...brake-pads.html

http://speedfreaksus...brake-pads.html

Give us a low-priced CCM pad option Warren!!!

• Tim likes this
2014 NISSAN GT-R

Warren-RB

Warren-RB

Stage 4 Member

• 504 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

It's indeed we have been working on a brake pad solution dedicated for CCM rotors, two compounds are being developed; Street and track while Ron (werks) has been diligently testing our proto type compounds with feedback on his ZR1.

I will be receiving a new formulation/process pad samples this week, and they will be tested by Ron (ZR1), 7racer (ST), and Shawn (ZR1) until an ideal and more affordable compound can be finalized.

Thank you for your patience.

• icarus, 7racer and thehelix112 like this
www.RacingBrake.com

Warren-RB

Warren-RB

Stage 4 Member

• 504 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

Here are some pictures showing how RB/ZR1 rotor fits with Ferrari F430 OE caliper and pad, with a better fitment than OE set up.

IMG_3323_zpsxtnh7smv.jpg

Detail view of how OE pad lines up with the rotor hat/hardware

IMG_3324_zpsij4lvdhi.jpg

Rotor has perfect alignment with Ferrari OE caliper in height and centering, In fact it's better than OE.

IMG_3325_zpsbk5msxuz.jpg

• Tim likes this
www.RacingBrake.com

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

It's indeed we have been working on a brake pad solution dedicated for CCM rotors, two compounds are being developed; Street and track while Ron (werks) has been diligently testing our proto type compounds with feedback on his ZR1.

I will be receiving a new formulation/process pad samples this week, and they will be tested by Ron (ZR1), 7racer (ST), and Shawn (ZR1) until an ideal and more affordable compound can be finalized.

Thank you for your patience.

Truly awesome news!  I have been waiting for a long time for CCM offerings to come down in price, and really appreciate all the R&D Racing Brake is putting into this!

• K-MAN and 7racer like this
2014 NISSAN GT-R

K-MAN

K-MAN

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 344 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

This is tempting to get as well. I road race monthly and sometimes 2X a month. UGH!

• 7racer likes this

Warren-RB

Warren-RB

Stage 4 Member

• 504 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

Both RB/ST and RB/ZR1 kits have their own validity deserve your consideration:

RB/ST kit - Higher in buying cost but discs are re-furbishable at a reasonable cost (~$400-$450 per rotor)

RB/ZR1 kit - More affordable to own, but discs are disposable and also lower to replace.

We don't just make and sell the kits, our service extends to on-going and future maintenance, including brake pads, rotor upgrade / replacement or hardware renew/update etc.

http://www.racingbra...akes-s/7196.htm

Thank you.

• Tim and 7racer like this
www.RacingBrake.com

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

come on everyone!!! Come drink the cool aid!!! :P

lol

but in all seriousness...love the ZR1 and can't wait to punish the ST.  There is a member day this weekend at MSR and plan to shake the car down before COTA next weekend

• Tim likes this

In7anity!!

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 882 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I have 3 words:

Need More Cooling!

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,979 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I have 3 words:

Need More Cooling!

I have three words:

We know dude.

Love u anyway.

Shawn

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

I have 3 words:

Need More Cooling!

How are the Kansai ducts working out for you guys?  Have you considered routing hose from the ducts to the rotor like god7illa, elf_cruiser, 7racer?

There is your cooling!!!

2014 NISSAN GT-R

Warren-RB

Warren-RB

Stage 4 Member

• 504 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

Wow, $16k for a full bolt-on kit including uprated calipers and CCM rotors...  still expensive, but less than 1/2 the price of the Alcon CCX kit....

I'm going to be super-tempted to go to these CCM rotors once my current iron RB ones are done.

Why You Should, Or Shouldn’t, Upgrade to Carbon Ceramic Brake

Cost of Carbon Ceramic Brakes

http://www.carid.com...z2MAVQ"]FerrariF430 2005-2009, GT-R Series Cross Drilled Brake Kit by Brembo®. 6-Piston Monobloc Caliper, Size: 380mm (14.96") x 34mm (1.34"), 2-Piece Rotor[/URL].

Originally $23,874.00 - $25,674.00
$19,099.20 - $20,539.20 - Front Axle Only

Ferrari F430 Complete CCM, Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit, Red, New, P/N 70001147

US $23,500.00 - Car Kit

• Tim likes this
www.RacingBrake.com

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 882 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

How are the Kansai ducts working out for you guys?  Have you considered routing hose from the ducts to the rotor like god7illa, elf_cruiser, 7racer?

There is your cooling!!!

Kansai ducts are quite an improvement. Definitely add one or two days to pad life, meaning less changes at the track, and of course less cost. Braking confidence is also improved due to firmer pedal and less fade. I am using mine along with the Stillen fans. No ducting to the rotor though. Just air deflectors mounted on sway bar. Ideal set would be to take the rectangular outlet from the Kansai ducts on the undertray rear to a round hose and into the rotor centre. My new Corvette has a really nice front and rear cooling setup for the brakes.

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,979 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Kansai ducts are quite an improvement. Definitely add one or two days to pad life, meaning less changes at the track, and of course less cost. Braking confidence is also improved due to firmer pedal and less fade. I am using mine along with the Stillen fans. No ducting to the rotor though. Just air deflectors mounted on sway bar. Ideal set would be to take the rectangular outlet from the Kansai ducts on the undertray rear to a round hose and into the rotor centre. My new Corvette has a really nice front and rear cooling setup for the brakes.

Agree on the approach on the Kansai ducts.  Anyone here good at fabrication?

Shame the Corvette didn't have the same setup for the engine and transmission.

Shawn

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 882 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Agree on the approach on the Kansai ducts.  Anyone here good at fabrication?

Shame the Corvette didn't have the same setup for the engine and transmission.

Shawn

You know I'm working on that Corvette stuff! Parts have started arriving. More on order.

Edited by descartesfool, 21 February 2015 - 02:44 PM.

• 7racer and shawnhayes like this

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13
descartesfool, agree on cooling. ZR1 kit drops 56 lbs off the car so that will help keep the brakes cool too! ;-)
2014 NISSAN GT-R

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 882 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

descartesfool, agree on cooling. ZR1 kit drops 56 lbs off the car so that will help keep the brakes cool too! ;-)

That is an amazing weight loss. 56 lbs off of unsprung weight makes it even better. Combined with light wheels and tires, the car should follow the bumps and dips on track really, really well. I just can't stomach the price. That's why I bought a Corvette Z51, only cost me a little  over 3 of those brake kits. 

Edited by descartesfool, 22 February 2015 - 07:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users