Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Streaming Bluetooth audio on 2009-2010 GT-R's!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

tjlazer

tjlazer

Stock

• Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 19-November 14
  • LocationTacoma, WA USA

Thought I would share how I got Bluetooth audio working on my CBA!  

First off you will need to install the OEM Nissan iPod 30-pin adaptor kit.  It did not come as standard, it was a dealer add on option.  Once you install it, you can proceed with this guide.

It was found that a few Bluetooth A2DP wireless iPod connectors work with Nissan's 30-pin iPod connector.  But most did not.  One model would work but did not display track names, playlists etc, it just would play the song and you had to control it from your phone.  Another unit. The Viseeo Tune2air WMA1000 worked much better as an actual iPod connected.  You can see the track names, playlists, and control it from the steering wheel or stereo.  But there was a glitch, in that it took 2-10 minutes for the unit it initialize on powerup!  Annoying.  I lived with this for most of 2014 until I discovered a way to get it to work without any additional power wires to power it up:

With the Tune2Air WMA1000 and the Cable Jive dock Xtender it works perfectly. Powers up right away, and you can see the tracks, change tracks, playlists, etc!  I got the 2 foot version, they have a 6 foot but not sure if that works as well.  (Note there is also a Xtender Basic cable, I don't think that one will work...)

Tune2Air WMA1000:

http://www.amazon.co...une2air WMA1000

Cable Jive dock Xtender:

http://www.amazon.co...le jive xtender

Attached Images

• Tune2air.jpg
  • Cable Jive.jpg

Edited by tjlazer, 14 April 2015 - 11:00 AM.

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha
Let me see if I understand... if you just use the OEM ipod cable plugged directly into the Tune2Air it takes a long time to boot, but if you use the OEM cable -> Cable Jive Xtender -> Tune2Air then it works and turns on right away?
-Jeff

LTHL VNM

LTHL VNM

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 399 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
  • LocationPlano, TX.

link to said products?

T1 Race Development GT1R

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,740 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

Any photos of your setup?

I'm probably still a ways from upgrading to legertas' DBA console but would like to utilize an upgraded A2DP interface.

• achenator likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I think I still have my cable jive extender somewhere...currently using the tune2air in my VW...

In7anity!!

tjlazer

tjlazer

Stock

• Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 19-November 14
  • LocationTacoma, WA USA

Let me see if I understand... if you just use the OEM ipod cable plugged directly into the Tune2Air it takes a long time to boot, but if you use the OEM cable -> Cable Jive Xtender -> Tune2Air then it works and turns on right away?

Yes!  It's weird, but it solved the problem!  Powers up right away now with the Cable Jive Xtender 2 foot cable...

Edited by tjlazer, 18 February 2015 - 06:36 PM.

tjlazer

tjlazer

Stock

• Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 19-November 14
  • LocationTacoma, WA USA

Bought both on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B00B52LLJ6

http://www.amazon.co...le jive xtender

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha
So I wonder if it's just a charging/power issue. I know some have reported that this device allowed their ipods or phones to charge when the OEM ipod cable alone wouldn't:

http://www.amazon.co...he ipod adapter

If that essentially does what the Xtender does it could explain why the difference. Without proper power it may have to start and restart several times or something... just speculation of course.
-Jeff

LTHL VNM

LTHL VNM

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 399 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
  • LocationPlano, TX.

so you install both of these and connect to the iPod in the glovebox, then you're also able to stream audio over bluetooth from your cellphone?

T1 Race Development GT1R

tjlazer

tjlazer

Stock

• Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 19-November 14
  • LocationTacoma, WA USA

Yep.  Works just like it does on the new cars.  You can do your music, Pandora, YouTube, etc.

LTHL VNM

LTHL VNM

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 399 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
  • LocationPlano, TX.

oh awesome! I'm a big podcast listener so this is just what I need

T1 Race Development GT1R

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,740 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX
Confirmed working with the tune2air and cablejive extender. Streamed my phone's playlist, waze navigation, and pandora all work. Steering wheel controls work for advancing songs and MFD shows current song.

elp_jc

elp_jc

Stage 3 Member

• 361 posts
  • Joined 07-May 14
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Yep.  Works just like it does on the new cars.  You can do your music, Pandora, YouTube, etc.

So my 2015 has that? Hmmm. Need to read the manual again.

And another question: I need WiFi to be able to hear Pandora and such on my Bose Bluetooth headphones, so how can you listen to that in your car? Maybe paying to download some playlists to your phone? I'm sorry for the stupid questions, but now that I have leukemia and have to undergo chemo, I just got involved in music thru my phone, to make it less painful. Thanks gang.

2015 white/black GT-R Premium. MODS: JDM clear front markers, radiator screens, HKS resonated MP, BlendMount V1 mount w/MirrorTap, 3M window tint, rear/front debadge, full LEDs (except turn-signals), AutoTecknic matte black paddles, OEM car cover, Gold-Plug magnetic oil drain plug, 370Z jack and rod, Stop'nGo flat tire repair kit, Dynaplug compressor, Rays steel chrome lug/locknut set, Hawk HPS brake pads, SecondSkin insulation under rear seats and trunk.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

So my 2015 has that? Hmmm. Need to read the manual again.

And another question: I need WiFi to be able to hear Pandora and such on my Bose Bluetooth headphones, so how can you listen to that in your car? Maybe paying to download some playlists to your phone? I'm sorry for the stupid questions, but now that I have leukemia and have to undergo chemo, I just got involved in music thru my phone, to make it less painful. Thanks gang.

if you have your phone and you have pandora playing the "stream" via bluetooth goes to the bluetooth speaker...which is basically your car.

In7anity!!

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,086 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13
Nifty, but if you have the flow, strongly suggest you consider legertas kit.

Love the new iPod integration.

Shawn
  • jima likes this

jima

jima

Stage 4 Member

• 1,133 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
  • LocationSouth Florida

Nifty, but if you have the flow, strongly suggest you consider legertas kit.

Love the new iPod integration.

Shawn

Yup legertas kit is the way to go 

buis02

buis02

Stock

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 24-March 15
  • LocationS. California

Wow that's pretty cool. Jima can you explain what Legertas kit is... sorry I'm a newb to the forum and GTR's

jima

jima

Stage 4 Member

• 1,133 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
  • LocationSouth Florida

Wow that's pretty cool. Jima can you explain what Legertas kit is... sorry I'm a newb to the forum and GTR's

All info is here

http://www.gtrherita...io-upgrade-kit/

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

That's his username.  He sells kits:

http://www.gtrherita...it/?hl=legertas

-Jeff

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

Jinx ;)

-Jeff