Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dave's slow, stealthy, Black Edition, HPDE-oriented build

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
669 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,796 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Thanks Wes. I'm super excited.

Laguna is 2hrs away now instead of 6, Buttonwillow is 1.5hrs (so an hour closer). Willow springs, chuckwalla are further away, but Sonoma raceway and thunderhill are also closer, though still a hike!

Cannot wait to get some time to install the brakes and setup some front brake cooling and get out there again.

Dave

after making my man cave, I would say to try to build for more space than you think you need!!!  Congrats again!

• Tim, thehelix112 and droptopp like this

In7anity!!

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,664 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
#Truth
  • thehelix112 likes this

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 210 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14
Congrats on the move David! Hope to see you at the track more often
  • thehelix112 likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,324 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA

POPULAR

Thanks man. Super appreciate it. I'm underwater with house projects and an inability to properly balance work and life, but I am aiming for an Xmas present of getting out there again. I need a new set of rubber.. Probably 285 r888rs all around. Debating between that, or getting an n tune front lip to replace the damaged OEM one I have, and provide some more proper cooling I will need for the carbon brakes.

I did just give her an oil change, filter and a new battery though. So, baby steps.

Pics of the house as promised.

Dave 9c9b498fda9bea4d49c9cfac407a4138.jpg56e6f37b12f534c4240e4bb651ef572d.jpg4724ff4c9c67cc5220f421f269eace0a.jpg
  • Tim, 7racer, elf_cruiser and 2 others like this

wspy

wspy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13
  • LocationJamaica WI

No Fires near you I hope. 

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,664 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Love the house

• droptopp likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,324 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Yeah no fires. Got a generator in case pg&e does a Derp and shuts off our power anyway.

Thanks Tim!
  • Tim and droptopp like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,796 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

wow! she's gorgeous!  so much land!  how far away is the next closest person!  you look like you have a huge plot all to yourself!

In7anity!!

TrackFiend

TrackFiend

Stock

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 01-February 16
  • LocationLos Angeles

POPULAR

Congrats Dave, going from 1100sq ft. to 3.7 acres!! Beautiful area with some great driving roads as well.  Played some golf at Cypress Ridge on my last return trip from LS, great course.

I believe Jon Hume is in that general area also.

Sold the GT-R and picked up a 991.1 GT3, so we can continue our on track battles one day :beer2:

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 2 others like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,324 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Hey man!

Yeah it's really nice around here. Quite a chance from LA. I go back every week for a few days for work, always a bit shocking.

I'll reach out to Jon and see if he's local, that'd be excellent.

I've taken a bit of a break from track days with the saving for the house etc, but hope to get Bach out there once this winter. I need new tyres, and wanna level up and get out there on R888Rs, so now I need an extra 2 rear OEM BE wheels and a trailer setup. Doh.

Dave
  • Tim, 7racer and droptopp like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users