Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dave's slow, stealthy, Black Edition, HPDE-oriented build

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
627 replies to this topic

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,018 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
So I've since picked up a used RB/Zr1 kit from Shawn. True story, the rotors were abused initially by 7racer, so I'm pretty sure that means I can say I have parts on my car from a 1200hp gtr?

Work gotten spastic. And not necessarily in a good way, so free time is super limited. I could put the kit on as is, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing a track day in it, so I'm going to get a couple of replacement front rotors and then install the whole shebang.

Excited!

The calipers are beefy as all fuck too. Excited for my first real mod to the car! It's gunna put improved brake ducting higher on the list I think...

Dave 8514a4464daf62d2e877ac320073bff8.jpg
  • Tim, 7racer and shawnhayes like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,824 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Sweet! Congrats man!
  • shawnhayes likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,474 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15
Hell yea! Nice pick up
  • shawnhayes likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,380 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

POPULAR

So I've since picked up a used RB/Zr1 kit from Shawn. True story, the rotors were abused initially by 7racer, so I'm pretty sure that means I can say I have parts on my car from a 1200hp gtr?

Work gotten spastic. And not necessarily in a good way, so free time is super limited. I could put the kit on as is, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing a track day in it, so I'm going to get a couple of replacement front rotors and then install the whole shebang.

Excited!

The calipers are beefy as all fuck too. Excited for my first real mod to the car! It's gunna put improved brake ducting higher on the list I think...

Dave 8514a4464daf62d2e877ac320073bff8.jpg

that's awesome!  good to see them go to good use!

I LOVED them!

when you first brake with them you will go "whoa"

• Tim, thehelix112, shawnhayes and 2 others like this

In7anity!!

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 804 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

They look in a pretty good shape, I would if possible have them rebuilt by a local or RB to elongate their life. Brake ducting could definitely be useful too, just sucks its hard to implement properly on the GTR.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,018 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

They look in a pretty good shape, I would if possible have them rebuilt by a local or RB to elongate their life. Brake ducting could definitely be useful too, just sucks its hard to implement properly on the GTR.

Those are the rears.

The fronts are much more worn. Just gunna replace them. Don't wanna be second guessing shit at speed. ;-)
  • 7racer and BAZ007 like this

Decz11

Decz11

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 27-April 18

nice car dave, 

lots of track use she gets i see  :D

• thehelix112 likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112