Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Ford GT

* * * * - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 884 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Ford GT wins the GTLM class at Daytona today, beating out the new mid-engine Porsche RSR followed by a Ferrari 488. Corvette misses the podium coming in 4th. There was a whole gaggle of Ford GT's running.

Dagys_2016_16732.jpg

http://sportscar365....-24-gtlm-crown/

And the AMG GT-S GT3 edition comes in on the podium in the GTD class, for its first time out to Daytona.

• Tim and 7racer like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Ford GT wins the GTLM class at Daytona today, beating out the new mid-engine Porsche RSR followed by a Ferrari 488. Corvette misses the podium coming in 4th. There was a whole gaggle of Ford GT's running.

Dagys_2016_16732.jpg

http://sportscar365....-24-gtlm-crown/

And the AMG GT-S GT3 edition comes in on the podium in the GTD class, for its first time out to Daytona.

the MB looked strong!

mentioned just needed fuel and brakes for a 24hr race....lacking a bit of top speed but that should be able to get fixed.

The Ford GT is giving me major wants...they looked great and strong.

• awdtt likes this

In7anity!!

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 1,062 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

the MB looked strong!

mentioned just needed fuel and brakes for a 24hr race....lacking a bit of top speed but that should be able to get fixed.

The Ford GT is giving me major wants...they looked great and strong.

Seriously, lack of top speed isn't a bad thing if your platform only needed fuel and brakes (and tires).  

2015 BE Frankenmotor

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

awww man.  I could totally go for this...but I need my AC in the Texas heat!!!

http://jalopnik.com/...ls-f-1792690961

• forty-two likes this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

fast

https://jalopnik.com...onal-1822294860

In7anity!!

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 884 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Bah, only 0.3 seconds faster than an AMG GT-R at VIR's Lightning Lap, and you basically can't buy one, and if you could, it would cost half a million or more. AMG is going to cost a ton less and be way more comfortable for trips to the track.

Really nice looking car though, there was a stunning black one with a pair of orange stripes at the Montreal Auto show, and one of the owners of my local Calabogie track has one in blue with stripes and it is being shown at our Museum of Science and Technology highlighting its Canadian origin as it is built by Multimatic in the Toronto area.

• 7racer and droptopp like this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 884 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Ford GT's unique suspension, which can drop the ride height and improve aero and CG height for less weight transfer and thus higher tire grip, and gets a stiffer spring rate to match, for both less roll and less aero sensitivity. Only car I know of that has those features.

Makes just changing the damper stiffness seem so mundane.

• HiBoost and 7racer like this

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

Damn Ford really jumped through a lot of hoops just to avoid spec'ing an Eibach Pro-Kit ;)

So when the ride height is adjusted, how is that implemented?  His diagram refers to the spool valve being able to raise the noise, but in general is the lowering achieved primarily by compressing and locking the coil spring?

-Jeff

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 884 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Damn Ford really jumped through a lot of hoops just to avoid spec'ing an Eibach Pro-Kit ;)

So when the ride height is adjusted, how is that implemented?  His diagram refers to the spool valve

being able to raise the noise, but in general is the lowering achieved primarily by compressing and locking the coil spring?

Spring gets locked out to lower the car. Here is a more detailed video of the magic that Multimatic/Ford came up with for the GT's front suspension. Only one of its kind I've ever seen. The perfect solution for any car intended to run on both road and track.

• 7racer likes this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 884 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

And the trickest part, Ford GT's active aero as explained by Ford Performance chief engineer Jamal Hameedi

Jamal shows the front air path:

What a stunning trick design for both active suspension and active aero. Hats off to the Ford design team.

• Tim and 7racer like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

https://www.motoraut...-record#image=8

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,057 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

https://www.motoraut...-record#image=8

Nice! That's fucking moving.

All the more impressive given the price and build components.

Dave

gtrguyinaz

gtrguyinaz

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 26-April 17
  • LocationEast Valley, Phoenix

Very impressive but..........We may never see one on the street or at the track.....FORD SO CAREFULLY  selected its celeb. owners............. WELL, 98% CAN'T DRIVE ANYTHING  beyond a Prius..........

400 garage queens.........  WHO NEEDS IT.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users